Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current List of Most Played to Least Played Class: Easy Way to Predict Balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Current List of Most Played to Least Played Class: Easy Way to Predict Balance

LordVyrus
12.14.2011 , 02:40 PM | #1
Check every advanced class forum and you can judge by the number of threads how popular each class is going to be.

1.) Sith Inquisitor (Sorc/Assassin)

2.) Bounty Hunter (Powertech/Merc)

3.) Trooper (Commando/Vanguard)

4.) Jedi Consular (Sage/Shadow)

5.) Sith Juggernaut/Jedi Guardian

----------------------------------------------

6.) Imperial Agent Operative

7.) Smuggler Scoundrel

8.) Imperial Agent Sniper

9.) Sith Warrior Marauder

10.) Smuggler Gunslinger

11.) Jedi Knight Sentinel

6-11 Are all within about 3% of each other

Seems Pretty Accurate amirite?

Evuke
12.14.2011 , 02:53 PM | #2
probably not an accurate way to measure it, although i agree that SI sorc will be the most played class by far.

sunnyh
12.14.2011 , 02:54 PM | #3
your average player posting in class forums 6 days before launch of the actual game is not a good representation of what the actual player base will be.

LordVyrus
12.14.2011 , 02:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnyh View Post
your average player posting in class forums 6 days before launch of the actual game is not a good representation of what the actual player base will be.
It's an easy way to predict what balance come launch day will be. The popularity list I came up with is extremely similar to polls done prior to the forum wipe. The non-Preorder players could definitely change this though.

Twighlight
12.14.2011 , 03:48 PM | #5
One consideration is not just AC selection, but role.

As a healer, I'm taking these class selection stats with a grain of salt. For example, if past MMO experience tells us anything, the vast majority of those SI's (both ACs) will be dps oriented. For the most part, I wager similar damage oriented builds will prevail.

Therefore, while I am also curious about class forum activity, I'm trying to keep the diversity Bioware has built into the skill trees in mind.
The song ends. The song begins.
{The Constant}
Skulke - Agent - Operative - Medic

Airees
12.14.2011 , 03:49 PM | #6
pre-order costumers and post-release costumers are very different people.

Vuetrick
12.14.2011 , 03:53 PM | #7
Normally this is how I gauge it as well and so far it's been a good spot on way to measure. However, I find that this time around it might actually be incorrect. Jedi Knight being at the bottom? Really? I was expecting a lot of Luke clones. But at the bottom? That's gotta be off by a lot. I just can't foresee the Knight being the most underplayed class in the game.

So I say give it until the 20'th at the earliest and by the 25'th you'll have more exact stats.

//Edit

Also keep in mind your post counts as well as thread counts. Making the Knight the top posted on the Republics side. Which pushes them up quite a bit.

Faolon
12.14.2011 , 04:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVyrus View Post
Check every advanced class forum and you can judge by the number of threads how popular each class is going to be.

Seems Pretty Accurate amirite?

Nope.
There have been more Snipers than Operatives on the two servers I checked.
More Imperial Agents than Bounty Hunters.
More Mercenaries than Powertech.
More Commando than Vanguard.

Crapton of Force users, though. Sage and Sorcerer being the most over-populated classes in game.

Yes, they were significant differences.

For example, you'd see 3 powertech BHs, and 16 Mercenaries(all DPS).
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Ryre
12.14.2011 , 05:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vuetrick View Post
Normally this is how I gauge it as well and so far it's been a good spot on way to measure. However, I find that this time around it might actually be incorrect. Jedi Knight being at the bottom? Really? I was expecting a lot of Luke clones. But at the bottom? That's gotta be off by a lot. I just can't foresee the Knight being the most underplayed class in the game.

So I say give it until the 20'th at the earliest and by the 25'th you'll have more exact stats.

//Edit

Also keep in mind your post counts as well as thread counts. Making the Knight the top posted on the Republics side. Which pushes them up quite a bit.
I DID find that i felt very alone playing my guardian during the beta. In pvp I was almost always 1 of 2, if not the only, guardian while I found there were many more knight/sentinels. Since I was a tank, I also had NO trouble finding a pve group, and I was always the only guardian in my group. I think the knight is the least common force user but not the least common class (not very many blaster users in general in pvp) while sith sorc/assassin are the most common by far in my experience. Not going by any actual statistics, just my experience of who I partied and pvped with during the beta and I tried to do as much of that as I possibly could.

Bryd
12.14.2011 , 06:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Airees View Post
pre-order costumers and post-release costumers are very different people.
Wait, we get to be costumers?

What kind of costumes do we get to make?