Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

At present all our agents are busy. STILL.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
At present all our agents are busy. STILL.
 

AyrikaStar's Avatar


AyrikaStar
12.14.2011 , 03:23 PM | #11
If your having a problem remembering your answer (like I did) and you HAVE NOT cleared your cookies yet, try this:

*Create a new/fake/temp account
*When you come to the Q/A section type in the first letter of every letter in the alphabet until your cookies remember what you typed in previously.
*Hey presto, problem solved!

polishguy's Avatar


polishguy
12.14.2011 , 03:24 PM | #12
I had my account saying it was locked on all other computers except the one at home... Apparently they resolved that issue since I am doing this on my phone right now.

DarthPuckett's Avatar


DarthPuckett
12.14.2011 , 03:25 PM | #13
If you did fill out that certain question maybe you need to be specific if it was Elementary, Middle or High, I lied and put My town name and High, just because Elementary is a case sensitive bomb WAITING to go off
The darkside lured me in with the sweet temptation of Cookies...but when I got here...all I could find were bagels...

pewpewlaz's Avatar


pewpewlaz
12.14.2011 , 03:35 PM | #14
this keeps happening to me and i tell u what its really starting to blast me off!!! i do not want to fall into the trap of calling them so they get more money!

Helicees's Avatar


Helicees
12.14.2011 , 03:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AyrikaStar View Post
If your having a problem remembering your answer (like I did) and you HAVE NOT cleared your cookies yet, try this:

*Create a new/fake/temp account
*When you come to the Q/A section type in the first letter of every letter in the alphabet until your cookies remember what you typed in previously.
*Hey presto, problem solved!

OMG THIS!

This got me my answer, but i was pretty sure i had tried what ended up being right, atleast 3 times, in the end i just copy pasted the quick fill result.

(This is OP btw)

RivianSteele's Avatar


RivianSteele
12.14.2011 , 03:39 PM | #16
Have a bit of sympathy for the CS servies agents that are dealing with tens of thousands of calls from people complaining they have not got EGA yet and basically telling them CS to go F*** themselves...it must be a nightmare.

Also, the result is that CS cannot help deal with legitimate issues.

So instead of being angry at customer service, be angry and the thousands of people calling just to complain about EGA which means CS cannot help with proper CS issues!

Force be with you all

TomWhiting's Avatar


TomWhiting
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #17
While there are probably legitimate requests bogging that phone access down, i'd say about 10% of those requests are legit, the other 90, illegitimate, such as 'when can I get in', whining about not getting in, swearing at CSR's , complaining about not being able to pay (the game isn't even live yet), etc, etc.

If it's not a critical issue (and it probably isn't, since there is nothing "critical" until the game goes live), then use their support form at http://www.swtor.com/support/form .

BTW:
This is really no different from WoW phone based support. I've been on the phone waiting for hours just to be put on hold for hours again with those clowns... Give them time, they'll get to you, and if it's NOT urgent, use their form, it'll probably save you some hassle

SlantedVision's Avatar


SlantedVision
12.14.2011 , 03:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by RivianSteele View Post
Have a bit of sympathy for the CS servies agents that are dealing with tens of thousands of calls from people complaining they have not got EGA yet and basically telling them CS to go F*** themselves...it must be a nightmare.

Also, the result is that CS cannot help deal with legitimate issues.

So instead of being angry at customer service, be angry and the thousands of people calling just to complain about EGA which means CS cannot help with proper CS issues!

Force be with you all
I absolutely agree with this, as someone who's currently locked out of my account because of this SQ issue, I am absolutely livid with the purchase of this game thus far. That being said, I understand the CS is understaffed, and likely taking abuse from a lot of idiots who think that the person they're speaking to speaks with the authority of all of Bioware.

I do fault Bioware as a whole for underestimating the support issues they were going to run into during this time. It's a common practice to know that if you're going to have a short term swell in calls in to your call center, to not bother staffing for that swell, just ride it out the best you can and try to improve on the issues down the road. But regardless, the Community Managers, and Customer Service representatives are not the source of that fault, nor should they be forced to be a sounding board for the frustrations as a result of that fault.

That being said, I remain furiously patient.

RivianSteele's Avatar


RivianSteele
12.14.2011 , 03:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SlantedVision View Post
I absolutely agree with this, as someone who's currently locked out of my account because of this SQ issue, I am absolutely livid with the purchase of this game thus far. That being said, I understand the CS is understaffed, and likely taking abuse from a lot of idiots who think that the person they're speaking to speaks with the authority of all of Bioware.

I do fault Bioware as a whole for underestimating the support issues they were going to run into during this time. It's a common practice to know that if you're going to have a short term swell in calls in to your call center, to not bother staffing for that swell, just ride it out the best you can and try to improve on the issues down the road. But regardless, the Community Managers, and Customer Service representatives are not the source of that fault, nor should they be forced to be a sounding board for the frustrations as a result of that fault.

That being said, I remain furiously patient.
I feel your pain and it is true, more temp staff could have been hired for the spike that is happening, however, maybe they have, but again, they are probably dealing with thousands of calls.

Another problem is how do they filter out the legit claims from the whines as the whiners will use all forms (calling, foruming (that a word? lol) and using the Support form) to complain, which makes it very hard for CS to filter out the legit/non-legit claims

Eldari's Avatar


Eldari
12.14.2011 , 03:58 PM | #20
Just wanted to say thanks OP, your method found the answer I had forgotten and saved me from having to call CS again.. I sat on hold for 2 hours this morning and then the guy said "sorry, we are updating our systems... call back later..." click...