Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

At present all our agents are busy. STILL.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
At present all our agents are busy. STILL.

nireille
12.14.2011 , 02:40 PM | #1
I got my early access invite, but now i can't even log in. (logged into GF's account for this)

It asks me for my secret answer to "What is the name of the first school you attended"
There is only 1 answer to this.. though I've tried 10 different ways of spelling it. (forgot password gives you more tries at the secret question) And i still can't get inn.

Now i'm starting to wonder if i even filled in that Secret Question, cause I've tried everything.. all schools I've gone too.. and different spelling of them all ...

On top of that, I've been trying to call +442035642555 for 4 hours now .. 4 HOURS!
I have no idea what I'm getting charged either, so i could end up with a huge international bill.

All i get is some answering machine lady telling me to call back later.. although mysteriously after 2 hours, now i sometimes get a different voice saying it, this time male.

I know it's been said that this issue can only be resolved by phone .. but WHY!?!
Rotate the freaking questions and let us fix this ourselves.
I've logged in a bunch before, only this question gave me grief.

- Extremely Let down fan.

tesshuoni
12.14.2011 , 02:42 PM | #2
Exactly my problem, actually got through and spent 2 hours waiting and got nothing. Is it really that difficult to add another method of resetting your SQA. Funny thing is I'm not sure if I even added what school I went to for a SQA.

nireille
12.14.2011 , 02:47 PM | #3
Hmm, every other thread i've seen has issues with the same question.

So I guess i should stop trying to guess my secret answer and just call.

most of the time, no answering message plays .. or it fades in and out.

Do we know if there are actually people answering the phone?

Elzanith
12.14.2011 , 02:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nireille View Post
Hmm, every other thread i've seen has issues with the same question.

So I guess i should stop trying to guess my secret answer and just call.

most of the time, no answering message plays .. or it fades in and out.

Do we know if there are actually people answering the phone?
Ya those of us who got into the game and have bugs are waiting on 3+ Hour tickets.......(im stuck in a space station unable to do anything...Go warrior bug!)
Quote: Originally Posted by King_Stinkeye View Post
The only thing that can be confirmed by this thread is that out sourcing your customer support is almost always going to infuriate your customers.

nireille
12.14.2011 , 02:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Elzanith View Post
Ya those of us who got into the game and have bugs are waiting on 3+ Hour tickets.......(im stuck in a space station unable to do anything...Go warrior bug!)
That sucks, but actually makes me feel a little better

DevilTheory
12.14.2011 , 02:58 PM | #6
Yeah it's beyond ridiculous. Why can't they just cycle the questions every few hours? At least I can log in if I get another question. It keeps repeating the 1 question that I can't answer because the only possible combination that I know of doesn't work. There's gotta be some other way to deal with this... Bioware should of seen this coming and it's stupid that we can't do this via email.

nireille
12.14.2011 , 03:00 PM | #7
Now i don't even get the answering machine, just a busy signal.

I call the US hotline occationally too .. I have now heard 3 different answering machines.

Elzanith
12.14.2011 , 03:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nireille View Post
Now i don't even get the answering machine, just a busy signal.

I call the US hotline occationally too .. I have now heard 3 different answering machines.
Lunch anyone?

On a side note at the 5 hour mark i will start to weep at my guildys catching up to me level wise T_T
Quote: Originally Posted by King_Stinkeye View Post
The only thing that can be confirmed by this thread is that out sourcing your customer support is almost always going to infuriate your customers.

DevilTheory
12.14.2011 , 03:18 PM | #9
**** I finally guessed the answer for my question that's been giving me a handful. Everything is space and caps sensitive indeed. Funny thing I must of tried the question over 30x today and I never got my account locked.

I suggest everyone do this... if you are 100% sure what the answer is type it a variety of ways like this. If you have more than a 1 word answer try every possible combination with punctuation.

Answer.
Answer
answer

etc.

Emeralddragon
12.14.2011 , 03:20 PM | #10
Welcome to the internet: Where passwords are ALWAYS case sensitive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein