Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Republic gameplay so boring?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Republic gameplay so boring?

--Grim--
01.19.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1
Honest question.

Trooper / Smuggler are ok. The Jedi storylines are snoozefests. And the voice acting sucks. The gear is ugly and.. well you get the idea. Pretty much everyone agrees.

I love playing my Imperial toons. Everything about them is just more fun.

So why is that so? Do the Devs really hate the Republic / Light side that much? Or perhaps they just phoned in their Republic work because they had the flu that day... there must be some reason the Devs failed so badly in making it fun to play Republic.

Anyone have the scuttlebutt and inside infoz? I would really like to know why the Devs favored the Imps..

Makar
01.19.2012 , 04:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
Honest question.

Trooper / Smuggler are ok. The Jedi storlines are snoozefests. And the voice acting sucks. The gear is ugly and.. well you get the idea. Pretty much everyone agrees.

So why is that so? Do the Devs really hate the Republic / Light side that much? Or perhaps they just phoned in their Republic work becaues they had the flu that day... there must be some reason the Devs failed so badly in making it fun to play Republic.

Anyone have the scuttlebutt and inside infoz? I would really like to know why the Devs favored the Imps..
As far as I can tell, they designed everyone to be awesome, except Jedi... They designed them to be stuck up and boring.... So, they're accurately portrayed based on the movies...
Squadron 238 Tester

Milkmaid
01.19.2012 , 04:59 PM | #3
i agree... when i played swtor i found the same..i dont play swtor anymore.
"See you at the party Richter"

TheHeadCapper
01.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #4
I found the imprial side boring and one dimensional for the most part. Ok, I'm a slave i get it already, do

Like the republic side a lot more. The JAX moment is the single best moment in this game and by far the toughest choice i've seen
The formula 'two plus two equals five' is not without its attractions

Makar
01.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadCapper View Post
I found the imprial side boring and one dimensional for the most part. Like the republic side a lot more.

The JAX moment is the single best moment in this game and by far the toughest choice i've seen
I..... almost cried.

>.>

<.<
Squadron 238 Tester

Krashh
01.19.2012 , 05:01 PM | #6
Honest question.

Trooper / Smuggler are ok. The Jedi storlines are snoozefests. And the voice acting sucks. The gear is ugly and.. well you get the idea. Pretty much everyone agrees.

So why is that so? Do the Devs really hate the Republic / Light side that much? Or perhaps they just phoned in their Republic work becaues they had the flu that day... there must be some reason the Devs failed so badly in making it fun to play Republic.

I played a Jedi Shadow all the way to 50 and as far as levelling in MMO's go, I enjoyed it, even with the predictable twist near the end of the class quest line. Currently levelling a Bounty Hunter and gotten to the mid 20's and I must say, I've giggled more than I thought I would. The moustache on my Bounty Hunter and the voice acting are amazing.

Thargrim
01.19.2012 , 05:01 PM | #7
They could have tried to be more original and have less of a cliche based story for Jedi, but they failed immensely at that. And it doesnt help that 90% of the robes and armor for jedi look stupid as hell. Plus..the races for Jedi are boring...if there was Nautolan, Kaleesh or Kel Dor options I would roll a jedi in an instant...but I already have a human Mandalorian BH, I have had enough of humans..this is Star Wars.

TheHeadCapper
01.19.2012 , 05:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Thargrim View Post
They could have tried to be more original and have less of a cliche based story for Jedi, but they failed immensely at that. And it doesnt help that 90% of the robes and armor for jedi look stupid as hell. Plus..the races for Jedi are boring...if there was Nautolan, Kaleesh or Kel Dor options I would roll a jedi in an instant...but I already have a human Mandalorian BH, I have had enough of humans..this is Star Wars.
I like the jedi, it fits in for me exactly how i thought they would be. I also like the obi wan robe. Races i'd like to see more of.
The formula 'two plus two equals five' is not without its attractions

HavenAE
01.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #9
Honest question.

Because being "the good guy" got old after about age 12
Have a complaint? Click this link before posting.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

SquidTortellini
01.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #10
Because bioware favors empire. They said so themselves