Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: REing X Mod 22

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: REing X Mod 22
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Couvs
01.19.2012 , 03:37 PM | #1
Where X is any of the different variations of Mod names (i.e. Artful Mod 22 etc) is it possible to reverse engineer the mod to learn the advanced version?

Reason I ask is that the only variation of these mods at the higher levels of the skill that are labelled, for instance, 22A are trainable on the trainer. 22B may be purchased off of the corellia commendations vendor. but plain old 22, which tends to have a greater tertiary stat value than A or B, seems to only be in blue equipment off of the commendations equipment vendor, and I'd like to be able to create this myself if possible.

melindahl
01.19.2012 , 03:51 PM | #2
I haven't messed around with mods too much, but I believe they only have one line of research. So no variations on mods beyond what you can already make.

DavidHunt
01.19.2012 , 06:53 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Mods have a linear research path. The schematics you learn should always be the same as the base you started with, except at higher quality.

PlayTank
01.21.2012 , 12:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
Mods have a linear research path. The schematics you learn should always be the same as the base you started with, except at higher quality.
Do you mean at the highest levels you can End up with different schematics from RE'ing the same mod?
Ŗůļę №¹: Never pass up a Ēredit. Ŗůļę №²: Never forget rule №¹

Saber_Avalon
01.21.2012 , 10:17 AM | #5
I was afraid of this, so why is there no tanking mods available to be crafted? All the dps/heal mods I could want but not a single tanking mod in cybertech. I decided to respec my shadow to tank since people are always looking for tanks on my server and I can't even regear my custom armor with tank mods.
"I can feel the darkness consuming my soul... and I welcome it." - Unknown

Vapesk
01.23.2012 , 10:49 AM | #6
It's not a perfect solution, but if you want some tank mods, you can use 8 daily commendations on Ilum to get some I believe.

Saber_Avalon
01.23.2012 , 09:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vapesk View Post
It's not a perfect solution, but if you want some tank mods, you can use 8 daily commendations on Ilum to get some I believe.
That does no good before hitting 50, which I'm not. There are flashpoints and group quests while leveling that require a tank. Yes they're doable without tank specific gear but when you spec for a tank you want to feel like a tank and have tank specs, not be a glorified dps who can take a bit more damage.
"I can feel the darkness consuming my soul... and I welcome it." - Unknown

CriticalMasses
01.23.2012 , 09:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Saber_Avalon View Post
I was afraid of this, so why is there no tanking mods available to be crafted? All the dps/heal mods I could want but not a single tanking mod in cybertech. I decided to respec my shadow to tank since people are always looking for tanks on my server and I can't even regear my custom armor with tank mods.
Dude, WTH indeed. I have been looking for WEEKS. The only Mod I've found suitable for me is the one you can choose from A Lesson Is Learned heroic on belsavis (daily mission) do you know how difficult it is finding someone to do it with, and then getting just ONE. It's a nightmare. sigh.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

CriticalMasses
01.23.2012 , 09:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vapesk View Post
No you can't. You can get the Armoring Mods, and Hilt mods. But no (M)ods.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

Litefire
01.23.2012 , 10:55 PM | #10
And why are the elusive22 and absorbent22 mods missing from cybertech crafting trainer?

Not trying to be argumentative, but I do the dailies in Belsavas just to sell the Elusive 23 mod because it's the only source of it in the game currently. I regularly sell it for 60K+ . While it's great to make 70+k off a daily, i dont think this was your intent.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion
I Support SGRA In the Old Republic