Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guess Sith assassin's not meant to tank...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Guess Sith assassin's not meant to tank...

SuddenReal
01.19.2012 , 01:30 PM | #1
I checked my artificer's trainer and found there's no shield off hand for assassin tanks. There seems to be only five off hands craftables, two for aim, two for strenght and only one for will power.

Am I missing something or can't I make an off hand shield for Inquisitor/Sage tank?

Varturius
01.19.2012 , 01:34 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SuddenReal View Post
I checked my artificer's trainer and found there's no shield off hand for assassin tanks. There seems to be only five off hands craftables, two for aim, two for strenght and only one for will power.

Am I missing something or can't I make an off hand shield for Inquisitor/Sage tank?
Cybertech can't make any tanking armor/mods either.
<This Space for Rent>

Natarii
01.19.2012 , 01:36 PM | #3
You're not missing anything, it is indeed not there. This has been discussed many many times. The short answer is, soon(tm). Shadows and Assassins did at one point in beta use strength for tanking, and thus the strength shields were sufficient. Artifice crewskill has not yet been updated to include willpower shields. They do exist, however, as quest rewards and drops. And there is one blue pattern for a level 25 willpower shield that artificers can learn as wel, but so far this is all we got. Assassins and Shadows do make fine tanks, but as yet, you cannot learn to make your own shield from the artifice trainer.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

theothersteve
01.19.2012 , 01:59 PM | #4
To be fair, the shields off the crafter are pretty lousy anyway. You're not missing out on much.

iamnoobplzhelp
01.19.2012 , 02:10 PM | #5
Just get the PVP shield. I got one for Xalek. It looks pretty decent.
Server: Mask of Nihilus
Main: 50 Madness Sorcerer - Build
Guild: Noobz (We are recruiting!)

Natarii
01.19.2012 , 02:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by theothersteve View Post
To be fair, the shields off the crafter are pretty lousy anyway. You're not missing out on much.
This is highly subjective to how much reverse engineering went into it. The greens are bad, I agree, but the blue and purple versions, especially with an augment slot, are on par with anything else you could find.

theothersteve
01.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
This is highly subjective to how much reverse engineering went into it. The greens are bad, I agree, but the blue and purple versions, especially with an augment slot, are on par with anything else you could find.
I was actually referring to the fully RE'd ones, which require about 150 blue REs to get by the way. There are drop schematics that require level 50 and are higher rating (Ultratech), and there are certainly FP and operation drops that are better.

Natarii
01.19.2012 , 02:33 PM | #8
I've been able to get up to purple quality with far less than 150 RE attempts. I dont play a tank, so dont use them myself, but I put them on my companions and sell them, and they seem to do fine. /shrug

theothersteve
01.19.2012 , 03:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
I've been able to get up to purple quality with far less than 150 RE attempts. I dont play a tank, so dont use them myself, but I put them on my companions and sell them, and they seem to do fine. /shrug
It takes about 50 REs to get a purple. It takes about three purples to get the one that actually has tank stats on it. That's where I was pulling those numbers. Mind you, if you want to use a shield with alacrity on it, you won't have to wait nearly as long.

Batslav
01.20.2012 , 04:52 PM | #10
bw forgot to add shields with willlpower theres only focus we can craft
btw pvp items once ur 50 have much better stats so i dont see whats the point of crafting
no idea if and how cool recipes we can get via drop but it still sux...