Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Partial Monthly Refund

awdj
01.19.2012 , 01:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Swordsaintt View Post
Thanks for the bump. I don't have to get over anything. According to you they could spend all month patching the game, and that's fine by me. However I'll be canceling before I get charged that month if thats the case.
Good, cancel your account.

Btw. I get off work at 12 am PST, and that's around the time when patches mostly happen. I know its hard, but your life doesn't need to revolve around star wars.

Swordsaintt
01.19.2012 , 02:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nadoka_oh View Post
math

lets say it was down for 6 days at 5hr each day so thats 30 hours 30days has 720 hours
so 720/30 = .03
15*.03 = .5
so they owe you 50 cents
Your math is good but your hours are off. Seeing as I've only been subbed for roughly 10 days, and five of them have been patch days. But for arguments sake we'll give them a 3 day a week average for 30 days, at five hours a per-a-patch. That's roughly 60 hours a month downtime. Just doing the math in my head it's about $1.10. And yes, I'll gladly take that back, but if Bioware has any real clue about customer service they wouldn't divide it by 24 hours a day. Basically they should be giving everyone a $5 dollar refund as a show of valuing their customers time.

Swordsaintt
01.19.2012 , 02:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by awdj View Post
Good, cancel your account.

Btw. I get off work at 12 am PST, and that's around the time when patches mostly happen. I know its hard, but your life doesn't need to revolve around star wars.
Oh I love people like you. Then two months from now when your server is a ghost town you'll know why. This maybe Star Wars, but don't think for one second your population is safe. In the MMO world people are cruel, fickle, and unforgiving. This is the "second" Star Wars MMO to come out, if that gives you a hint. So go head, keep telling people to cancel.

Leggomy
01.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Swordsaintt View Post
Oh I love people like you. Then two months from now when your server is a ghost town you'll know why. This maybe Star Wars, but don't think for one second your population is safe. In the MMO world people are cruel, fickle, and unforgiving. This is the "second" Star Wars MMO to come out, if that gives you a hint. So go head, keep telling people to cancel.
Ya the last one only lasted what 10 years? What a failure.

deezOneTenTen
01.19.2012 , 02:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Ya the last one only lasted what 10 years? What a failure.
If you;re referring to WoW, its not the last one. Since WoWs release there was Age of Conan, Warhammer, Aion, Guild Wars, Rift....uhh....and many others I cant think of off the top of my head.

All or most of those failed....HARD.

For the similar reasons people are complaining about for ToR.
This is my signature

Leggomy
01.19.2012 , 02:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by deezOneTenTen View Post
If you;re referring to WoW, its not the last one. Since WoWs release there was Age of Conan, Warhammer, Aion, Guild Wars, Rift....uhh....and many others I cant think of off the top of my head.

All or most of those failed....HARD.

For the similar reasons people are complaining about for ToR.
The last star wars mmo. Hello you even reading what you are responding to?

Kuuraien
01.19.2012 , 02:41 PM | #17
You bring into the forums an issue that no one had the cojones to bring up lol

I second you swordsaint, this is if anything proof that they arent keeping it professional about this game, whether it means they arent doing their job or they are putting in half-assed effort into it remains to be seen, but so far the faith seems to be diminishing from a good amount of customers. It could also be that they have a crew smaller than necessary but that would be a fiasco.

deezOneTenTen
01.19.2012 , 03:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
The last star wars mmo. Hello you even reading what you are responding to?
Apparently not.

I saw this

Quote:
In the MMO world people are cruel, fickle, and unforgiving
and missed the last sentence. I thought it was a general MMO complaint and that you said the last MMO that came out was a success referring to WoW since that was the last real successful MMO that I know of to come out.

in other words..

Nothing to see here, move along....
This is my signature

MazterL
01.19.2012 , 05:20 PM | #19
It's funny that you still try to defend yourself. No way can you EVER claim "half month" at this rate. It's not like half the month has gone into patching and fixing bugs. It's been somthing like 30 hours downtime perhaps a couple plus/minus and that hardly warrants half monthly fee.

In 2 month, ALOT of the bugs will be sorted, some will remain as certain things seem persistent and more MMO players than not seems to be whining over every little detail they can and hold newly launched games up against games that have been out for years.

How long have this game been out now? Did anyone expect a bug free launch? Did players expect to have their first 6 months free to play while developers sort through millions and millions of lines of codes and graphical images to iron out a perfect game? Perhaps those moaning about the bugs ANY game that launches has, should return to World of Bugcraft and get THEM to sort all their graphical map bugs and see what kind of response they get from developers there!

/rant

Sorry for being harsh, but you can't defend your original statement that the rate of downtime warrants half a months refund. Once more than 30% of a month has gone into downtime and maintenance, then perhaps it can be an issue.

MazterL
01.19.2012 , 05:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by deezOneTenTen View Post
Apparently not.

I saw this

and missed the last sentence. I thought it was a general MMO complaint and that you said the last MMO that came out was a success referring to WoW since that was the last real successful MMO that I know of to come out.

in other words..

Nothing to see here, move along....
Would just like to say that Rift isn't that old and WoW is hardly a standard to value newly launched games against, unless you compare to WoW launch... Wich... Hardly could be called a success.