Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre order code already in use?

Rockshadow
12.13.2011 , 08:36 AM | #11
Yup - you should be able to pre-play with the code you have already entered. just remember when you get your physical box you'll need to register that code in order to keep playing on the 20th or there after.

From what i can tell - if you ordered through Origin - they'll email you a new code on the 20th that you can enter to keep playing.

Lucky you got your pre-play-email

Sempronos
12.13.2011 , 08:36 AM | #12
My brain hurts
---- There is no Spoon ----

killercow
12.13.2011 , 08:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bethlahem View Post
Ok, so I can still do my pre-play time without setting up the subscription part yet? (sorry, at work and trying to do all this from my non playing game computer). I got my 'you can pre play now email'

And thanks to the dev for participating in this thread, hope you are able to get some sleep in the coming weeks haha
Yes but for launch you'll need the game code and a sub.

Bethlahem
12.13.2011 , 08:39 AM | #14
oh that's awesome, thanks for the help everyone. Launches are so fun!
The Black Market

SukeLywalker
12.13.2011 , 08:41 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
As others have mentioned on this thread, the next code you need to enter is the Game Code. You'll find this in the game box when you purchase (or have it emailed to you if you purchased via Origin.com).

Hope that helps!
Thank you.

Most_Loyal
12.13.2011 , 08:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rockshadow View Post
Yup - you should be able to pre-play with the code you have already entered. just remember when you get your physical box you'll need to register that code in order to keep playing on the 20th or there after.

From what i can tell - if you ordered through Origin - they'll email you a new code on the 20th that you can enter to keep playing.

Lucky you got your pre-play-email
I am not 100% sure about what You are saying there...this is what I found here:

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access.
However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!
Chimaera-EU
SWTOR=EPIC FAIL! Devs should L2P.

pondrthis
12.13.2011 , 08:58 AM | #17
I didn't think this was the case, but the dev comment confused me... will origin.com PHYSICAL copies also get an emailed number? Also, it bothers me that it's hard as all-get-out to figure out which "standard edition" I chose on origin.com... I've kinda forgotten.
If you will not fight... then you will meet your destiny!!!

Veaz
12.13.2011 , 09:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
As others have mentioned on this thread, the next code you need to enter is the Game Code. You'll find this in the game box when you purchase (or have it emailed to you if you purchased via Origin.com).

Hope that helps!
So, if my CE edition which I ordered months ago, arrives after midnight on the 20th, I can no longer play until it gets to me?

This could turn out real bad ?

*edit* No, I did not order it from Origin. I used Amazon.
i++

in eq we went out and killed snakes, wolves, fire beetles and orc pawns with a loincloth and a club or rusty sword... in the snow, uphill, both ways

Jeskimo
12.13.2011 , 09:13 AM | #19
I guess you all missed the massive thread before the forum wipe.

PRE-ORDER code only allows you to play until the 20th.

PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE is to play after the 20th (the ACTUAL release date of the game).

The PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE will be emailed ONLY if you ordered a digital copy from Origin.com. All others (physical copies, standard CE or whatever) will have this code on the BOX ITSELF. So if amazon is going to deliver it to you on the 23rd or 30th you're **** out of luck between the 20th and the time you get the shipment.

Veaz
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeskimo View Post
I guess you all missed the massive thread before the forum wipe.

PRE-ORDER code only allows you to play until the 20th.

PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE is to play after the 20th (the ACTUAL release date of the game).

The PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE will be emailed ONLY if you ordered a digital copy from Origin.com. All others (physical copies, standard CE or whatever) will have this code on the BOX ITSELF. So if amazon is going to deliver it to you on the 23rd or 30th you're **** out of luck between the 20th and the time you get the shipment.
It's ridiculous to stop me from playing until that box arrives. Not a smart move on BW/EA part.. especially since there were/are some issues with Origin orders. I bet they fix this problem before the 20th.
i++

in eq we went out and killed snakes, wolves, fire beetles and orc pawns with a loincloth and a club or rusty sword... in the snow, uphill, both ways