Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre order code already in use?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre order code already in use?

Bethlahem
12.13.2011 , 08:23 AM | #1
Hi all

I entered my pre order purchase code a while back when I pre ordered. Now, I am at the set up stage for my account: security questions set up is complete, contact info complete.

at redeem product registration code:
says not complete (even though I did it months ago), I re-enter my product code, and it says code has already been used (duh, I did it). Cannot proceed, cannot get any cs. Any ideas?

Thanks!

/edit
when I go to the pre order section on my account, it shows what I pre ordered/and purchased. Why is it not registering on the set up?
The Black Market

drudgus
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #2
not much help, but your not in the boat alone...

bokithejedi
12.13.2011 , 08:25 AM | #3
I'm pretty sure that's for the actual game code when you receive it on dec 20th. You don't need to fill anything else in, just wait for the email?

Keydyn
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #4
The product code is not the same as the pre-order code. the product code is the code you will receive with your copy of the game on the 20th. which will be required to continue playing the game following completion of the early access period.

Rockshadow
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #5
Heya - I'm getting the same error but am guessing that the code that was sent for the pre-order was only flagged to allow you to download the client and get early access. The 'real' code - which will probably be different on the actual box once you get it, will more than likely be the one to use.

Still, from what i can tell - if you entered that pre-order code you are still eligible to get early access up till the 19th. On the 20th or there after when you get the physical copy of your edition, try entering that code.

Just my thoughts

Rock

StephenReid
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #6
As others have mentioned on this thread, the next code you need to enter is the Game Code. You'll find this in the game box when you purchase (or have it emailed to you if you purchased via Origin.com).

Hope that helps!

Jetmore
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #7
I'm getting the same thing - I'm hoping it's just because I haven't been given early access yet ...

Andyonme
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #8
What I don't understand is:

I ordered off the origin website, They have taken 5 off my account today (for early release I guess) but not the amount for the game. The game hardcopy will ship when the game is released? What are the chances of getting it before christmas due to the delays in christmas post?

So does that mean after early access a lot of people won't be able to play untill after christmas when they have the box and the extra game code?

Bethlahem
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #9
Ok, so I can still do my pre-play time without setting up the subscription part yet? (sorry, at work and trying to do all this from my non playing game computer). I got my 'you can pre play now email'

And thanks to the dev for participating in this thread, hope you are able to get some sleep in the coming weeks haha
The Black Market

killercow
12.13.2011 , 08:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andyonme View Post
What I don't understand is:

I ordered off the origin website, They have taken 5 off my account today (for early release I guess) but not the amount for the game. The game hardcopy will ship when the game is released? What are the chances of getting it before christmas due to the delays in christmas post?

So does that mean after early access a lot of people won't be able to play untill after christmas when they have the box and the extra game code?
It will ship from origin on friday (the 16th)