Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What classes would these Star Wars characters be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What classes would these Star Wars characters be?

Greyshadow
01.19.2012 , 04:39 PM | #11
As far as the technical standpoint (looking at it in TOR context):

Luke was always considered a Guardian as far as SW lore (and other video games and such) was concerned, dispite his wearing "light" armor. He used a green lightsaber which has long been considered the "Guardian" color by game standpoints.

I would consider Obiwan's robes to be medium armor, they look like they could handle a toustle. He only carried 1 lightsaber though.

Anikin is harder to figure out. He proved he was proficient with 2 lightsabers (Sentinel), but mainly carried one (Guardian). His lightsaber color was blue, a long standing video game Sentinel color, but his leather robes I would probably consider Heavy (Guardian).

Confused yet?

I think mainly:

Obiwan: Guardian (his style seemed more defensive)
Anikin: Sentinel (definitely more offensive, and could use 2 blades)
Vader: Juggy (1 LS, Heavy armor, offensive stance)
Yoda: Sage (easy one)
Dooku: I would lean towards Juggernaught even with 1 LS.
Qui-Gon: he's a tough call, mainly because he doesn't really fit into any normal Jedi catagory, I think more offensive personally, so I would lean towards Sentinel
Maul: Assassin.. dual blade mastery, control of the force.

reaperkeepet
01.19.2012 , 05:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
No one dual wielded lightsabers in the movies.
Watch the movies again and then come back.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

stevaras
01.19.2012 , 06:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TItanten View Post

Boba Fett - Noob
thats the best answer in those forums ;-)
well done,you are famous to my colleagues!!!!
I ordered at December and i am proud of it!!

Hyperionthethird
01.19.2012 , 06:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyshadow View Post
As far as the technical standpoint (looking at it in TOR context):

Luke was always considered a Guardian as far as SW lore (and other video games and such) was concerned, dispite his wearing "light" armor. He used a green lightsaber which has long been considered the "Guardian" color by game standpoints.

I would consider Obiwan's robes to be medium armor, they look like they could handle a toustle. He only carried 1 lightsaber though.

Anikin is harder to figure out. He proved he was proficient with 2 lightsabers (Sentinel), but mainly carried one (Guardian). His lightsaber color was blue, a long standing video game Sentinel color, but his leather robes I would probably consider Heavy (Guardian).

Confused yet?

I think mainly:

Obiwan: Guardian (his style seemed more defensive)
Anikin: Sentinel (definitely more offensive, and could use 2 blades)
Vader: Juggy (1 LS, Heavy armor, offensive stance)
Yoda: Sage (easy one)
Dooku: I would lean towards Juggernaught even with 1 LS.
Qui-Gon: he's a tough call, mainly because he doesn't really fit into any normal Jedi catagory, I think more offensive personally, so I would lean towards Sentinel
Maul: Assassin.. dual blade mastery, control of the force.
The things that are 'harder to figure out' are because this is being approached backwards. The characters don't fit into the classes, the classes are inspired by the characters!

Jedi Guardians are for those who want to play like Luke or Obi Wan, Juggernauts are for those of us who want to be like Darth Vader, Bounty Hunters are Fett, Inquisitors are Darth Maul and Palpatine, etc.

You can see it in moves even like opportune strike for knights, that was to have a move where you hit the other guy in the face much like obi wan and anakin were doing to each other a few times in ep 3.

Sentinels and Mauraders though, those are totally from the EU type stuff, and how awesome it was that in one scene anakin duel wielded, and I'll bet more than 70% of us duel wielded as revan in KotOR. It's just cool, even if jedi don't normally do it. Even in tOR or the old KotOR games, you never see NPCs duel wielding lightsabers.

I don't think the colors, green vs blue, mean anything in the movies.

EnsignSorrow
01.19.2012 , 06:53 PM | #15
Not all Jedi Sentinel use two light sabers. In fact, in this game there are NPC Jedi Sentinels that use a single hilt.

Imperialnavy
01.19.2012 , 08:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TItanten View Post

Boba Fett - Noob
not noob.... sarlacc fodder

BrandonSM
01.19.2012 , 11:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AVFCLuke View Post
Luke Skywalker?
Obi-Wan Kenobi?
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader?
Darth Sidius?
Yoda?
Luke- Both AC for JK and JC.
Obi- Guardian
AK- Guardian
DV: Tank(Not sure what the class is called)
Sidious: Both AC's for SI
Yoda: Councelor: Both AC's
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Norumaniac
01.20.2012 , 12:15 AM | #18
Im no SW fan, but for what ive been reading lately, Yoda was a master of the Ataru form, right?

And Ataru Mastery belongs to Sentinels. So maybe he would be a mix between Sentinel and Sage?

Salacar
01.20.2012 , 03:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Norumaniac View Post
Im no SW fan, but for what ive been reading lately, Yoda was a master of the Ataru form, right?

And Ataru Mastery belongs to Sentinels. So maybe he would be a mix between Sentinel and Sage?
The safest bet would be that his 800+ years of living and training with the Force gave him a Unique class, like a Super Consular =) (Blatant RO reference)

But really, as stated before, you can't 'really' put classes on the movie/novel characters.

Norumaniac
01.20.2012 , 08:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Salacar View Post
The safest bet would be that his 800+ years of living and training with the Force gave him a Unique class, like a Super Consular =) (Blatant RO reference)

But really, as stated before, you can't 'really' put classes on the movie/novel characters.
Cool, exactly my point!