Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class populations

Dabrixmgp
01.19.2012 , 06:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xizidor View Post
Just an update. Polled today at 6:45 PM. I did both factions this time.

Empire
Total 1220

Republic
Total 456
Republic must be really really good to be able to solo 3 Imps at a time with that kind of ratio.

Caelrie
01.20.2012 , 02:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xizidor View Post
Just an update. Polled today at 6:45 PM. I did both factions this time.

Empire
Sorc 269 22.05%
Merc 174 14.26%
Jugg 173 14.18%
Assa 164 13.44%
Oper 122 10.00%
Mara 121 9.92%
Powr 109 8.93%
Snip 88 7.21%
Total 1220

Republic
Sage 82 17.98%
Sent 80 17.54%
Com 64 14.04%
Shad 61 13.38%
Guar 60 13.16%
Vang 49 10.75%
Scou 33 7.24%
Guns 27 5.92%
Total 456
Geeze, that's one serious population imbalance.

TollShaddar
01.20.2012 , 02:25 AM | #13
I have not played empire, so I can't really give a good opinion. But I have heard and read a lot of people complain the the republic story, Jedi in particular, tend to be a bit boring/slow and not as engaging when compared to empire.

I'm actually playing the least popular spec of the least popular AC. gunslinger sabatour, and I'm loving it...

Bigdavej
01.20.2012 , 02:43 AM | #14
how'd you find out these stats of your server?

as i said other thread i think it will even out over time, we all sort've dive into our faves at first and usually star wars was about Jedi and now Sith and thus it gets the focus.

but once them storylines are done, people will want to try something alot more varied, I doubt people will want to do Sith then Jedi as it'll be similar type of gameplay so then you should see more maybe as Agents or Smugglers to try something with a very different style.

Maybe try gunslinger myself, sounds interesting.

Zakmonster
01.20.2012 , 03:07 AM | #15
When I first heard about this game, the only thing I wanted to play was Trooper.

It's nice to see that my Vanguard is underrepresented. I love being the underdog.

Xizidor
01.20.2012 , 12:12 PM | #16
I'm going to run the numbers again tonight for Saber of Exar Kun and for Ajunta Pall. It will be interesting to see how many players were lost after the free 30 days.
Xizidor<GSF> Master Commando/TKA | Master Pistoleer/ BH Pistol 4
Flurry Server

iloveplywood
01.20.2012 , 03:12 PM | #17
I don't think it's too hard to explain why the Sorc and Merc are the most popular classes. They both are ranged dps with great crowd control and can heal. How in the world would these classes not be the most popular in the game? The Sorcerer wins over the Merc because it is a sith with a light saber, go figure that would be popular in a star wars game. All classes are viable and potentially fun, but the Sorc and Merc are pretty much designed as the super classes. Add in companions to tank and it just gets sort of ridiculous.

Sure there are people that prefer melee or tanking, but in a game where ranged DPS is just easier . . .

Now if this was a prison MMO I'm sure the operative would dominate as most prison game fans love to shiv and attack from behind.

DeadwolfG
09.02.2013 , 05:51 AM | #18
makes sense seen as sorc and sage are the only "haling classes" so they gotta have a high pop of them taking into acount the dps sorc's as well as the healing onse

Elisaveta
09.03.2013 , 09:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TollShaddar View Post
I have not played empire, so I can't really give a good opinion. But I have heard and read a lot of people complain the the republic story, Jedi in particular, tend to be a bit boring/slow and not as engaging when compared to empire.

I'm actually playing the least popular spec of the least popular AC. gunslinger sabatour, and I'm loving it...
\

Smuggler was the only Republic side class story I enjoyed so I think you made a solid choice. I agree that the Republic side quests are generally too tame or something a lot of the morality choices are things that involve you saving one person or saving hundreds of people. In the end it just feels like: How much of a nice guy do you want to be? Empire side it feels like you can explore more of the spectrum of good vs bad. Of course that's just my take on it I might be bias.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

AlrikFassbauer
09.05.2013 , 05:09 AM | #20
I can only speak for me - and I had begun SWTOR with a Sage, because I wanted to see how "Jedi Culture" looks like 3000 years before ANH.

I was utterly disappointed. Hack & slash, no insights into Jedi Philosophy and into Jedi Spirituality at all - SWTOR has become basically a "combat simulation", apart from the class stories.

I fear that newcomers might still make thiat mistake.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)