Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

CLASSlFlED
01.19.2012 , 09:36 AM | #2
I agree, it is the critics that ruined the franchise, i loved every single movie, they all fit well, and i even love the animated series, george did a good job, it's everyone else that's an arrogant little sod nowadays, you can't go out your front door without having someone tell you that you're exiting your house wrong.

Gestahlt
01.19.2012 , 09:37 AM | #3
I can see where he's coming from.

Why would he want to make more movies when people devote their lives to saying they hate him?

Foxfirega
01.19.2012 , 09:39 AM | #4
Weak negative spin. :U If they wanted to be fully objective, they wouldn't have sniped out specific phrases without further context.

Not saying he's exactly being mature ("Fine. Don't like the way I do it? I'M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME! Screw you guys."), but this is weak journalism at it's best.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Luckmann
01.19.2012 , 10:19 AM | #5
Quote:
"I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff," he says.
I think I speak for all the fans, nerds and grognards of Star Wars when I say
Thank God!
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

Bone_Machine
01.19.2012 , 11:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by George Lucas
"I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff,"
Finally? Star Wars is always better when George Lucas doesn't have full control over it (or preferably is not involved at all). He cannot direct, he cannot write a screenplay and the sooner he accepts that the sooner we can have another Empire Strikes Back.
Here Comes The Arm

Guildrum
01.19.2012 , 11:55 AM | #7
I feel for the guy. I have always found it hilarious how so many fans recognize Lucas as only a demon sent to come ruin their precious Star Wars saga. :P

Anyhow, I doubt he's going to remain entirely uninvolved, I am sure he will still be consulted and talk with people about his universe.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

lovestopip
01.19.2012 , 11:56 AM | #8
Maybe if the movie wasn't complete garbage the critics wouldn't trash it.

Guildrum
01.19.2012 , 12:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lovestopip View Post
Maybe if the movie wasn't complete garbage the critics wouldn't trash it.
I think it was more the plethora of personal insults sent to him over the web than the criticism.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

enigmacypher
01.19.2012 , 12:04 PM | #10
i admit i hated the first of the prequels as it seemed terribly juvenile <meh i was a a child when i first rounded up family to let me get into see the first star wars movie as i think it was originally AA or something like that due to violence> but i like the character build from obwan and all the rest even though i hated the immature points.

i think the only thing i truly disliked was the adding into the movies that was done but it was and is within the rights of the producer to do so so i might get annoyed but it didn't kill the stories for me

i still ask whether part of the issue with the movies and the lack of enthusiasm for them wasn't because of the length between their production and release to the release for a new one. <it seemed like it was forever from new hope to strikes back and we won't even mention return of the jedi to the first prequel>

though i would love to see another star wars movie the continuity would be lost if they used the old characters are all the actors have aged or changed a lot <you can probably have chewie back but sadly they KILLED him (still annoyed with that series)>

he might not want to make another one atm but then he didn't want to make the last indiana jones either but got pushed there

everyone find a face book page or found one and we can start a petitions and show that though the critics might be negative the views all think that critics can go some where presumably very warm

if anyone can link this please feel free to let Mr Lucas know that the people who actually go out to movies or buy them usually don't care a damned about the critics <some of my favourite movies were hated by the critics>

up the revolution from old world critics and censors and down with those stuffed shirts who believe only they know the truth.