Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... maintenance been "delayed"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So... maintenance been "delayed"?

shadowcreaper
01.19.2012 , 08:15 AM | #21
be nice to them, they probably disconnected the tea machine instead of the servers...

Tiam
01.19.2012 , 08:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by galataea View Post
lol, they stated that illum wasnt working as intended but i think the truth is, they did not test is at all so these past 24 hrs they have been programming and writing more code to actually create what they said in the illum exploit update notes. They just tried to cover it up and not actually take blame for the flub. The least they could do was to be honest about the problem.

They're just trying to cover their butts. The fact is people have always been able to go inside the bases, why else would the super turrets be inside??? We've always been able to walk in the enemy base, knowing the super turrets could mow us down but with a big enough group we can push in.

If they really didn't intend for stuff like yesterday to happen, they would have had it so that you die instantly upon entering like in WZ's at release. They think people are stupid, I guess. The fact is they're amateurs and have no clue what they're doing when it comes to pvp, and they should at least save face and admit this. Being silent and ignoring people is not the way BW should be going, but they've been doing that since general beta so....
GW2 pre-orders coming April 10th.
https://buy.guildwars2.com/
PlanetSide 2 betahttp://www.planetside2.com/

galataea
01.19.2012 , 08:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
There will still be maintenance, they did this the other day, went over by about a half an hour for no apparent reason, the lack of communication is still annoying as if I'd have known I had extra time I would have gone and quested.
They have the customer support guy working as both customer support and system administrator. He on a call at the moment

HunterGren
01.19.2012 , 08:17 AM | #24
I just wish I knew if the server was gonna stay up or not before I try and run somewhere

galataea
01.19.2012 , 08:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiam View Post

They're just trying to cover their butts. The fact is people have always been able to go inside the bases, why else would the super turrets be inside??? We've always been able to walk in the enemy base, knowing the super turrets could mow us down but with a big enough group we can push in.

If they really didn't intend for stuff like yesterday to happen, they would have had it so that you die instantly upon entering like in WZ's at release. They think people are stupid, I guess. The fact is they're amateurs and have no clue what they're doing when it comes to pvp, and they should at least save face and admit this. Being silent and ignoring people is not the way BW should be going, but they've been doing that since general beta so....
100% agree. I laughed when i saw the excuse they put, instead of admitting to the mistake. "We meant for players to die immediately when entering the opposing factions base, the turrets are just there to look pretty"

kionter
01.19.2012 , 08:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KeatoHarrolo View Post
Wow people complain whenever they have maintenence now their only 10 minutes late and people complain more?

And I'm pretty sure you cancelling wouldn't make a difference... There's still millions of others playing.
Actually I'm just waiting for the patch to go live so I can take a nap and leave it downloading

but I guess with all the other people claiming the same I was taken seriously.

Khyler
01.19.2012 , 08:20 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by HunterGren View Post
I just wish I knew if the server was gonna stay up or not before I try and run somewhere
My thoughts exactly.

Kooto
01.19.2012 , 08:20 AM | #28
Worst maintenance service ever. Every day they announce a new time and postpone later. Im not even talking about how much time EU people lost for those maintenances. Maintenances and patches are more annoying than game bugs.
Kooto Moons
eXile
EU PvP Server : Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Fictionfanatic
01.19.2012 , 08:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by crotiger View Post
I will send them my dog, she like to eat power cords, maybe that will bring servers down?:P
LOLOL
- "Just because I feel safer sleeping with a grenade, doesn't mean it's a good idea!"

sixthousand
01.19.2012 , 08:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiam View Post

another armchair dev HAH

you guys should apply to BW and fix everything for them /cheer