Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GeForce 470, 12 GB RAM, 4 core CPU and this game is unplayable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
GeForce 470, 12 GB RAM, 4 core CPU and this game is unplayable

MietekFog
01.19.2012 , 05:18 AM | #1
From patch 1.02 this game is unplayable for me even in Space combat they are crapy FPs what have you done with this game changing on low settings don't help turning off the Shadow and AA too where is game support PvP is like fighting in screenshot's if you(Customer Service) will not help me i want me money back. This is me computer spec
Spoiler

Raora
01.19.2012 , 05:22 AM | #2
There has to be a common denominator. I'm running something similar

i5 at 3.8ghz
12gig RAM
GTX560Ti
1TB HDD

and game runs great

GarmiMobar
01.19.2012 , 05:37 AM | #3
I got similar specs as you both (check signature) and can't play either. Some point while I'm playing on LOW my GPU increases its activity to 99% and then it freezes up. At LOW...
i5 2500 at 3,3Ghz|8Gb DDR3|nVidia GTX550Ti 1Gb DDR5|Thermaltake 650W

korrokakita
01.19.2012 , 05:39 AM | #4
You may already have done this, but the first step you should take is ensuring all your drivers are up to date. Graphics card, motherboard and BIOS are the priority.

If you still have issues, try reinstalling the game. That can surprisingly work wonders.

Otherwise I'm not sure what to say other than I've heard that the graphics engine in this game can be p. terrible for some computer setups. :/ In which case yes, I agree you should be trying to get your money back...though I doubt they'll do it.

TRONEON
01.19.2012 , 05:41 AM | #5
Its the swtor client, bad coding, poor performance doesnt happen to everyone but IT IS the client.

Skarramanga
01.19.2012 , 05:42 AM | #6
My main issue is the draw distance that makes my FPS drop off massively. Even on low the game renders every single item in view which slows things down when suddenly looking at a packed landscape.

komradex
01.19.2012 , 05:48 AM | #7
I agree on the draw distance. They need to provide more ways to dumb down the rendering in the distance. At least until the game is actually optimized. I don't care if I get fog 10 feet in front of my face. I want a playable FPS!

Mandrath
01.19.2012 , 05:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MietekFog View Post
From patch 1.02 this game is unplayable for me even in Space combat they are crapy FPs what have you done with this game changing on low settings don't help turning off the Shadow and AA too where is game support PvP is like fighting in screenshot's if you(Customer Service) will not help me i want me money back. This is me computer spec
Spoiler
Uninstall your Realtek audio drivers. They're from 2010 and lots of people have reported problems with them. Use the Windows 7 native driver and/or the Windows update driver.
Watch your back...Life is out to kill you!

MietekFog
01.19.2012 , 06:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrath View Post
Uninstall your Realtek audio drivers. They're from 2010 and lots of people have reported problems with them. Use the Windows 7 native driver and/or the Windows update driver.
Uninstalling Realtek audio drivers not helped. Wow how great CS we have not even one post on how to make game i paid for 100$ and it not working properly what i think is that i was coned be BW EA and LA because the game work perfectly in Beta and 1.00 version for me and now i know that this game engine is broken and every new patch make the game less playable.

MietekFog
01.19.2012 , 07:08 AM | #10
So not even one answer from Customer Service want i paid for?