Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This Game Over


Tomas_sw's Avatar


Tomas_sw
01.19.2012 , 04:19 AM | #1
Hello Bioware. I give you dad news here. Your new update kill the game. Pleace read forums - there many peoples who unsub this game. Pleace Fast roll game back at 17.01 and nerf valor at ilum Gain for pvp. And Create More Warzones , Create some Bases for ilum for Attack Players and control it. Create Shift+F12 some in Aion option then in mass pvp Charaters will be Invisible Just see their names. Create New pvp Planet wich New pvp Issues. or your game be wery fail. And Start Listen Peoples who sit in the forums. Ask me -You no play in the MMO games and create this? guys please Buy some ideas... or just read free in the forums.
Thanks you for reading. I Hope you create some good.

Kenshinth's Avatar


Kenshinth
01.19.2012 , 04:26 AM | #2
You expect all of that along with fixing all the other bugs in the game within the game being out for a month? Me thinks u need to find another game cause ur expectations are too high.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor @ 4.2ghz
8GB Patriot Sector 5 1333
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC

Flain's Avatar


Flain
01.19.2012 , 04:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenshinth View Post
You expect all of that along with fixing all the other bugs in the game within the game being out for a month? Me thinks u need to find another game cause ur expectations are too high.
But that's the point Kenshinth, the game has only been out for a month and already they have added new content without bothering to fix the bugs that are still present, so now they have more bugs to fix. I found tons of bugs with this patch after about 10minutes of playing so I don't know how after the weeks of testing it out on the PTR they could have been missed, especially after the patch was delayed twice. I can only assume that EA is putting pressure on BW to release patches that are not finished or that still need further testing. Just like when the game was actually released it felt un-finished and in some places, rushed. It makes BW look very unprofessional and this is why people are un-subbing.

novachannel's Avatar


novachannel
01.19.2012 , 04:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomas_sw View Post
Hello Bioware. I give you dad news here. Your new update kill the game. Pleace read forums - there many peoples who unsub this game. Pleace Fast roll game back at 17.01 and nerf valor at ilum Gain for pvp. And Create More Warzones , Create some Bases for ilum for Attack Players and control it. Create Shift+F12 some in Aion option then in mass pvp Charaters will be Invisible Just see their names. Create New pvp Planet wich New pvp Issues. or your game be wery fail. And Start Listen Peoples who sit in the forums. Ask me -You no play in the MMO games and create this? guys please Buy some ideas... or just read free in the forums.
Thanks you for reading. I Hope you create some good.
man what grade did you drop out of 3rd grade?

Kenshinth's Avatar


Kenshinth
01.19.2012 , 04:47 AM | #5
Patch 1.1 fixed tons of bugs. With lots of bug fixes yes new bugs will be discovered it's the nature of a MMO. Look at WoW they still fixing crap and crap thats been broken back 2 expansions is STILL broken. There is no such thing as bug free MMO get over it or don't play a MMO that just launched cause u know it will be filled with bugs.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor @ 4.2ghz
8GB Patriot Sector 5 1333
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC

monkbini's Avatar


monkbini
01.19.2012 , 05:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by novachannel View Post
man what grade did you drop out of 3rd grade?
Did you think he might not be a native english speaker?

Philnoob's Avatar


Philnoob
01.19.2012 , 05:09 AM | #7
I suspect they will throw the towel in soon and make this F2P...

With the modern MMO scene being 10 years old or so old there is no excuse for a game being released in a Beta stage....

Dont bother quoting AOC/WOW etc.. they are between 5-10 years old...

ShroudedVortex's Avatar


ShroudedVortex
01.19.2012 , 05:36 AM | #8
Loves the fact people complain about bugs and fixes all the time (has anyone on these forums ever worked on a game this size? probably not and even those that have would know how difficult it is to remove bugs and implement fixes) does anyone actually have the slightest idea how much time and effort goes into coding just one teensy change to the game, and yet you have the audacity to complain when they make a Great game about a franchise you love??? some ppl just dont make any sense

Commodus's Avatar


Commodus
01.19.2012 , 06:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShroudedVortex View Post
Loves the fact people complain about bugs and fixes all the time (has anyone on these forums ever worked on a game this size? probably not and even those that have would know how difficult it is to remove bugs and implement fixes) does anyone actually have the slightest idea how much time and effort goes into coding just one teensy change to the game, and yet you have the audacity to complain when they make a Great game about a franchise you love??? some ppl just dont make any sense
Well said.

sometimes the smallest fix can cause the biggest problems.

Also this isn't just one big bit of codes the game is broken up in several parts and all those parts are written by different departments within the company so you could have fixed the bug in your part of the game but will it work with all the other parts together or will it break other stuff or just not work. you have to do this for every bug/fix

Fix the bug in your bit then test it in your bit then test it with all the other parts if there is one failure there it is back to the drawing board.

Once you have it working in the current version of the game it still isn't ready to implement as other departments have been working on their bugs too so now you have a bunch of bugs fixed for the current version but will they all work perfectly when we build the new version of the game? If not try to figure out which bug fixes cause the problem and try to fix those and we are basically back to square one.

Also on the new content ever thought of the fact that they had it ready to go but couldn't ship it with the release of thegame due to time constraints ?

I am in no way a Bioware fanboy but I keep it real. there is no easy fix never ever.

bobbyk's Avatar


bobbyk
01.19.2012 , 06:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Commodus View Post
Well said.

sometimes the smallest fix can cause the biggest problems.

Also this isn't just one big bit of codes the game is broken up in several parts and all those parts are written by different departments within the company so you could have fixed the bug in your part of the game but will it work with all the other parts together or will it break other stuff or just not work. you have to do this for every bug/fix

Fix the bug in your bit then test it in your bit then test it with all the other parts if there is one failure there it is back to the drawing board.

Once you have it working in the current version of the game it still isn't ready to implement as other departments have been working on their bugs too so now you have a bunch of bugs fixed for the current version but will they all work perfectly when we build the new version of the game? If not try to figure out which bug fixes cause the problem and try to fix those and we are basically back to square one.

Also on the new content ever thought of the fact that they had it ready to go but couldn't ship it with the release of thegame due to time constraints ?

I am in no way a Bioware fanboy but I keep it real. there is no easy fix never ever.
Noone ever said it was easy.

We don't want rushed updates or patches.

We do not want new content! We want the old content fixed first!

We don't mind how long it takes for patches or updates... take your time, BIOWARE...

What we do want is when a patch comes out, that it has been THOROUGHLY tested and for their not to be 2 or 3 more downtimes of patches and maintenance in which you can't play the game at all because they rushed the last patch in. Take your time, BIOWARE.

Bioware employees, if you read this, here is a simple strategy for you to follow from now on.... yes, I am serious, and no, I never worked on making video games before, but you can still learn from reading below...


1) Figure out what all the current bugs/exploits are in the game.

2) Create patches to fix the issues now. Make sure to take your time.... maybe only fix a few bugs or even only one at a time if that's what it takes so that when you do put a patch into the game, you don't have to take the server down several more times to fix a bad patch. And remember, take your time and do it right the first time.... we are not rushing you...there is no hurry...

3) Once you have fixed ALL of the bugs and exploits in the current content, THEN go ahead and work on some new content. TAKE YOUR TIME. Pace yourselves....

4) Now that you have some cool new content you have worked on and THOROUGHLY tested on the test realm, go ahead and patch it into the live game so we may enjoy the new content! I promise we won't get bored of the old content in less than one month....

Sorry for the sarcasm and thanks for reading, Bioware. I hope I helped you trivialize your duty as a gaming company that now deals with MMO's, not single player games. Good luck.