Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Roll back valor then grant everyone in the game 2ish valor levels worth of valor exp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Roll back valor then grant everyone in the game 2ish valor levels worth of valor exp

yukirshiro's Avatar


yukirshiro
01.19.2012 , 12:28 AM | #1
Solves everyone's complaints. It gets rid of the exploited gains but compensates those who earned valor fairly by granting them about or more than what they would have got the honest way. And serves as a bit of an apology to people who got farmed or otherwise screwed by the patch.

There is literally no possible reason not to do this except BW incompetence.

LordZanos's Avatar


LordZanos
01.19.2012 , 12:30 AM | #2
Or except for the fact that giving someone 2 flat valor levels is an extremely bad idea. Going from valor 1 to valor 3 is 2000 some valor.

Going from valor 58 to 60 would be over 100k valor, which is more than almost anybody got from the corpse farming.

JackMinn's Avatar


JackMinn
01.19.2012 , 12:32 AM | #3
Give people a flat 35k. Nobody would realistically have earned more even if they played in an honest way all day, and its a cool freebie to lowbies I guess.

yukirshiro's Avatar


yukirshiro
01.19.2012 , 12:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordZanos View Post
Or except for the fact that giving someone 2 flat valor levels is an extremely bad idea. Going from valor 1 to valor 3 is 2000 some valor.

Going from valor 58 to 60 would be over 100k valor, which is more than almost anybody got from the corpse farming.
Well obviously it would be a flat exp award. The idea would be to pick a number that would grant about 2 levels to a mid-rank person.

LordZanos's Avatar


LordZanos
01.19.2012 , 12:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by yukirshiro View Post
Well obviously it would be a flat exp award. The idea would be to pick a number that would grant about 2 levels to a mid-rank person.
And that is a fine idea.

Galvatron's Avatar


Galvatron
01.19.2012 , 12:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by yukirshiro View Post
Solves everyone's complaints. It gets rid of the exploited gains but compensates those who earned valor fairly by granting them about or more than what they would have got the honest way. And serves as a bit of an apology to people who got farmed or otherwise screwed by the patch.

There is literally no possible reason not to do this except BW incompetence.
Yea but from a programming stand point it would be easier to give everyone double valor and exp for a week..

your forgetting all the player under 50 that might of levels today.. how is it fair to them to get rolled back. So they need to do double exp for a week.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.19.2012 , 12:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordZanos View Post
Or except for the fact that giving someone 2 flat valor levels is an extremely bad idea. Going from valor 1 to valor 3 is 2000 some valor.

Going from valor 58 to 60 would be over 100k valor, which is more than almost anybody got from the corpse farming.
this. OP has the worst idea ever

yukirshiro's Avatar


yukirshiro
01.19.2012 , 12:35 AM | #8
35k sounds fair enough, though maybe a bit high. I seem to generally get about 10k a night playing not terribly hardcore, so that would seem fair to me too.

Maybe pick 20k to err on the side of overcompensation.

yukirshiro's Avatar


yukirshiro
01.19.2012 , 12:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
your forgetting all the player under 50 that might of levels today.. how is it fair to them to get rolled back. So they need to do double exp for a week.
There is no reason they can't do a valor rollback. I find it hard to believe that valor really isn't stored in such a way that it can be rolled back without rolling back everything else.

Galvatron's Avatar


Galvatron
01.19.2012 , 12:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by yukirshiro View Post
There is no reason they can't do a valor rollback. I find it hard to believe that valor really isn't stored in such a way that it can be rolled back without rolling back everything else.

They would have had to done a server back up of just valor for it to work.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN