Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is RE broke?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FrostyDroid
01.27.2012 , 09:07 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Moncrief View Post
Has anyone seen an RE success since?
Yup. This morning. Heavy armour bracers level 33, took four attempts to RE green to blue.

Oh yeah, and last night, level 2 skill mod, about 6 attempts to get blue.

There are some items that seem to never give a new schematic, however much you RE them though. It would be nice if there where some indication of which ones they where...
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

TaintedSquirrel
01.27.2012 , 09:27 AM | #82
lol I have the worst luck, over the past 10 levels I've RE'd over 100 different Might Mods/Armoring for my companion and zero discoveries. I'm going to murder someone, I swear.

Here's my current progress @ level 33: http://i.imgur.com/jnN1V.png I'm just stocking up on as many mats as possible now. I have to be over 100k of literally wasted creds for 0 blues. I'm going to RE those down (another 80 RE's) and then I'm giving up. I can't afford to do it anymore.

The hilarious part is, I learn all the blue Resolve recipes within 2 or 3 RE's, very fast. At this point I'm just blowing all of my cash to learn 1 blue Might recipe. Why? Not because I need it. Because I'm determined to not let the game beat me.

I'M GOING TO DISCOVER A MIGHT RECIPE AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STOP ME, GAME!

Larkie
01.27.2012 , 09:29 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
Nope. I'm working on level 21 items. Same problems as other people.

I tried for hours yesterday to turn a low level blue. Nothing.

Don't know if its the patch. Don't really care. Needs to be adjusted. Needs to be made more reasonable, at least so that we can keep up with our current level.

RNG this high removes the fun from crafting. No one has ever said, "man, I love failing". ;p
I bought a new level 21 loot schem yesterday. Made 8 blues, had 1 leftover after I got all three purple recipes out of it. So that was 7 tries, 3 level 21 schems.

kiltsrock
01.27.2012 , 09:31 AM | #84
I've been REing since day 1. So far I've been able to RE 23 purples from green schematics.

The higher the level of item, generally the longer it takes to RE from green to blue to purple.

I've had three lvl 48+ purples in the past two days. I don't think it is broken, just FAR more difficult to make a lvl 48+ purple vs. a lvl 10 purple.

( I did a lvl 49 off-hand and it took two weeks of RE to get from blue to purple, maybe 35 tries. It isn't supposed to be easy. )

Larkie
01.27.2012 , 09:33 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by MareLooke View Post
That's because they're low level crafts. The proc rate has always been way higher on those. Max out your crafting and then we'll talk again.

I procced 7 patterns (blue and purple) on my lvl16 character yesterday (armstech, fwiw), that means nothing and tells nothing about the proc rates later on, which are atrocious at 400 crafting for max level patterns.

Also the reason I say the proc rates are lower is because I was done leveling my professions weeks ago, so I've been sitting at this level for quite a while (iow I've got a ground for comparison). It might be RNG but I don't believe in unlucky streaks of weeks for this many people.
Lol max out my crafting? My crafting has been maxed out since I was level 25, tyvm. And that was weeks ago as well. I've been getting purple schems since less than a week into the game sweetheart so don't use your condescending "I'm a better crafter than you" tone with me.

As for "HIGH LEVEL" I worked on the reuseable level 48 Ultimate medpac this morning and got it on the 2nd try. Prior to that I've only RE'd the blue for that around ten times.

Edited to add: I love the attitude that if you're crafting low-level stuff surely you must be low-level. I'm not in the crafting business to sell 1 item at 250k a pop so I can be uber-rich. Some of us actually like crafting and really like helping people level.

Kresharth
01.27.2012 , 09:55 AM | #86
It's totally random from where I sit.

Ultimate medpac (lvl 48) over 25 tries to get it from green to blue. (full cycle of all companions, then got it a few tries later)

Popped to purple on the first RE

Karthunk
01.27.2012 , 10:24 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by MareLooke View Post
That's because they're low level crafts. The proc rate has always been way higher on those. Max out your crafting and then we'll talk again.

I procced 7 patterns (blue and purple) on my lvl16 character yesterday (armstech, fwiw), that means nothing and tells nothing about the proc rates later on, which are atrocious at 400 crafting for max level patterns.

Also the reason I say the proc rates are lower is because I was done leveling my professions weeks ago, so I've been sitting at this level for quite a while (iow I've got a ground for comparison). It might be RNG but I don't believe in unlucky streaks of weeks for this many people.
Mare, don't bother. Every thread I've seen so far, on the subject, has this fellow posting that he has a golden goose in the corner dropping blue and purple schems left and right.

Spending hours gathering mats only to have nothing, at all, to show for the invested time and effort is a bad experience. If there was a set figure such as: 20 times mat cost for blue and 40 times mat cost for purple, to have a guaranteed result, that would make the system semi-bareable. I RE'd a green item over 90 times to finally get a blue schem and this was for a low/mid level armor piece; I was almost to the point of pulling my hair out.

Uruare
01.29.2012 , 02:01 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
The rates associated with reverse engineering these items should be the same as it was before the patch, and it should be possible to learn the blue to purple recipes.

Any chance we could get some figures on what the RE rates actually are? Best of my own ad-hoc tabulations in documenting my Armormech progress seem to be holding steady at about 5% across the boards no matter what I'm RE'ing in terms of green to blue or blue to purple.
I'm the casual gamer with more money than time to burn. Loath me for it if you like.

Forum Moderators, I dedicate this to you. You poor, underappreciated sods.

fungihoujo
01.29.2012 , 02:38 AM | #89
I got purple keen mod 22 after maybe five greens and five blues...

Too bad I'm a sorc, and my blue mettles have gone through over 3 stacks of ciridium. Set all companions making 5 of them overnight- wake up to waste a slew of them for nothing.

But, that's crafting- I like the system.

atteSmythe
01.30.2012 , 04:56 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by atteSmythe View Post
I've also had some trouble since 1.1 getting endowment. I'm going to make a concerted effort to get one over the next couple nights - I'll try to remember to post my results back here.
Since I said I'd try...

I've found two or three endowment recipes since posting this. It still tends to be the last of the T2 prefixes I find, but not always, and not with a large enough sample size to be significant yet anyway.