Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is RE broke?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rafkin
02.07.2012 , 08:26 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Tierce View Post
So... is there anything in this game that is working as intended?
The billing system...

Cynan_Ski
02.07.2012 , 09:11 PM | #112
126 re jobs in a row later nothing i think they silently broke it in the patches
Camping is for losers
" I wonder if the Nazi's said that same thing to the 101st airborne in bastone "
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordekaiserr View Post
resolve bar? i thought was the gang bang meter....

ZudetGambeous
02.07.2012 , 09:32 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by PatrickMalott View Post
The reverse engineering return rate is not currently working as intended. In an upcoming patch, we are improving the reverse engineering rates especially for the higher-level items. We are also looking into the issue where a player receives "You already know that schematic" instead of learning a new research variation.

Patrick Malott
Systems Designer
Fixing the re-learning of the same schematics... Great!

Upping the RE chance... not a good idea.

The whole point of a rare item is that it is RARE! Shocking I know.

If you make it so every casual around can make all the crating purples out there then you will be severely damaging the long term economy in the game.

Prices for items have been on gradual decrease over the past few weeks. You guys are always talking about your metrics, try looking at them. As more people have been learning the schematics the prices continue to fall. The markets are already saturating because these "epic" items are really easy to craft and will soon be as common as blues and greens if not more common.

In addition, by increasing the RE chance you will put an even greater strain on the Mission professions to provide the mats to create all these newly discovered purple items. The inflation on these mission items is already getting out of hand. On the Jedi Covenant server the TH tier 6 purple gems are selling for 25k a pop. It takes 4 of them to craft any of the epic items that use them (2 for offhands) and those finished products which also take other materials only sell for about 50k due to the abundance of people selling them.

Yep I have to take a 50k loss per item (at market value, I can acquire the mats myself for cheaper, but why not just sell the mats then) to sell the items that you claim have "too low" a proc chance. If anything, if you want to improve the long term stability of the economy you will cut the rates even further, not increase them.

If nothing else keep the rate low for the new schematics you will be adding to give the dedicated crafters something to sell and not flood the market.

I dobut you guys will read this, but here's hoping.
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Kthx
02.07.2012 , 10:30 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by atteSmythe View Post
Someone here has never heard of the Wi Flag!
Great memories, thank you for sharing. Too bad the lore doesn't explain why it was called "Wi flag". My recollection is that one of the first players who noticed this curse had a character named "Wi".

ecana
02.07.2012 , 11:57 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Tierce View Post
So... is there anything in this game that is working as intended?
no. nothing is tested.
If a man does not strike first he will be first struck.

ecana
02.08.2012 , 12:00 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
The billing system...
Haaaaaaaaaaaa. But they messed that up to.remember

getdownsb
02.08.2012 , 12:09 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by PatrickMalott View Post
The reverse engineering return rate is not currently working as intended. In an upcoming patch, we are improving the reverse engineering rates especially for the higher-level items. We are also looking into the issue where a player receives "You already know that schematic" instead of learning a new research variation.

Patrick Malott
Systems Designer
Awesome! Thanks a lot buddy!

You're QA team is fail.
Rincon
Helm of Graush

ecana
02.08.2012 , 12:47 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
The billing system...
delete

Nimithril
02.08.2012 , 02:45 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Cynan_Ski View Post
126 re jobs in a row later nothing i think they silently broke it in the patches
Not quite broken, as I got a couple of greens to blues today, but definitely borked.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!

Nasja
02.08.2012 , 03:08 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
Upping the RE chance... not a good idea.

The whole point of a rare item is that it is RARE! Shocking I know.

If you make it so every casual around can make all the crating purples out there then you will be severely damaging the long term economy in the game.

Prices for items have been on gradual decrease over the past few weeks. You guys are always talking about your metrics, try looking at them. As more people have been learning the schematics the prices continue to fall. The markets are already saturating because these "epic" items are really easy to craft and will soon be as common as blues and greens if not more common.

In addition, by increasing the RE chance you will put an even greater strain on the Mission professions to provide the mats to create all these newly discovered purple items. The inflation on these mission items is already getting out of hand. On the Jedi Covenant server the TH tier 6 purple gems are selling for 25k a pop. It takes 4 of them to craft any of the epic items that use them (2 for offhands) and those finished products which also take other materials only sell for about 50k due to the abundance of people selling them.

Yep I have to take a 50k loss per item (at market value, I can acquire the mats myself for cheaper, but why not just sell the mats then) to sell the items that you claim have "too low" a proc chance. If anything, if you want to improve the long term stability of the economy you will cut the rates even further, not increase them.

If nothing else keep the rate low for the new schematics you will be adding to give the dedicated crafters something to sell and not flood the market.

I dobut you guys will read this, but here's hoping.
I disagree with this as it gives the crafters, a part of the hardcore gaming population an elite status. They can craft whatever they worked for while others cannot. And if they decide not to sell their items on the GTN but just craft for themselves and perhaps for their guildies then how would the casual gamer who isn't them or isn't in their guild acquire these items?

And indeed, if people are selling with a loss on the GTN why would they bother in the first place? They would rather make money then loose money and there are enough ways to make money in this game.

Yes, there will be a further pricedrop but there will also be opportunity for everyone to craft the items they want and not be dependent on other players who may not do what they want.

As you can imagine, if they don't read this page, then I wouldn't mind. But if they do, theyll probably read this post as well.