Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is RE broke?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dezeit
01.30.2012 , 06:00 PM | #91
Any chance we can get a developer to comment on RE and if its working as planned?

I seem to be having immense pain at lvl 45 with ArmorMech not critting on RE's.

Mikelite
01.31.2012 , 01:11 AM | #92
Before patch 1.1, I was able to get blue schems as a cyber tech from lvl 48 green craft RE's in about 3-4 RE's, purple schems from the blues in about 5-10. Now, since patch, 50+ greens with no blue and well over 100 blues with no purps. Something got broken.

Jafnahar
01.31.2012 , 01:46 AM | #93
The worst case of "bad luck" I've had so far was trying to RE a Relentless Synth Waistcord (Level 49 Green).

It took me a good 40 tries to get the Overkill T2 Variant. Not what I wanted though. Another 20 or so for Redoubt, and then at least 10 more after to finally get Critical.

Going from T2 to T3 nearly had me sweating blood.

70+ Tries for the first T3 schematic, Leadership (Presence) which was of course not the one I wanted. Out of sheer stubbornness I stuck with it, and another 50 or so attempts saw Tempest (Shield) and another 40 or so after that yielded Supremacy (Alacrity). Along the way I had more "You already know this schematic" messages than I care to recall.

All told it probably took me 200+ T2 RE's to finally get the specific variant T3 (Endowment, surge) that I was after, and I'm sure close to 300 total RE's of the base item for the entire process.

A very basic change I would like to see, barring an actual increase in RE rates, would be to remove already known schematics from the possible RE list for an item to cut out that "You already know this schematic" message. With a base chance that seems to be somewhere around 5%, having only a 20% chance to get the actual variant you want even on a successful RE, even when you know all the other variants, is incredibly painful.

Another nice change would be to eliminate some of the T2 and T3 variants altogether based on base item stats. For Example, the Relentless Synth Waistcord - Lvl 49 Medium armor with 62 Str, 41 End, and 6 power. There is really no gearing scenario in which the Redoubt variant is useful, and it could safely be removed as an RE possibility. In the same vein, the "Tempest" (shield) T3 variants could be removed as well. Even in a best-case scenario of T2 +Defense and T3 +Shield, this is never going to be a tanking belt. Why include the possibility of wasting already rare RE successes on stats the item is clearly not designed for?

Larkie
01.31.2012 , 09:18 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikelite View Post
Before patch 1.1, I was able to get blue schems as a cyber tech from lvl 48 green craft RE's in about 3-4 RE's, purple schems from the blues in about 5-10. Now, since patch, 50+ greens with no blue and well over 100 blues with no purps. Something got broken.
Before you were having a very good streak apparently because that quickly is unusual, not the norm. Now you're on the opposite end of the spectrum. Nothing was broken, it works fine. It's called random for a reason.

Adill
01.31.2012 , 10:39 AM | #95
I haven't had an issue until the last few days. I've reverse engi'd over 100 blue lvl 49 implants (critical nano-optic reflex i think) without learning a single purple schematic. This is getting rediculous. I will have 20 more in inventory when I log in tonight...if I don't get one then...i give up.

GnatB
01.31.2012 , 11:29 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikelite View Post
That sounds more like you were on a rediculously good streak previously and luck finally caught up with you.

IlexGlabra
01.31.2012 , 11:58 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
More people have been reporting difficulty obtaining lvl 48/49/50 blue/purple schematics since the game released, it has nothing to do with the patch. So far it looks like the highest lvl items are quite a bit more difficult to RE than all lower level stuff. You're just unlucky, keep trying.
Yesterday I reengineered over 20 level 49 blue chest pieces and didn't get a purple schematic. That's approximately 50 hours worth of crafting and lord knows how many credits to walk away with exactly nothing to show.

For the most part, I've enjoyed crafting in this game, but sometimes it's just a *****.

Adill
01.31.2012 , 12:10 PM | #98
Alright, I went home for lunch and RE'd what I had in inventory (28)...got a purple on the 26th (~126 total). I was so close to telling our dps powertech he was SoL...

raikwolf
02.03.2012 , 02:34 PM | #99
Been trying to RE a lvl47 red lethal crystal for 3 days now, with the worst luck ever... But other thing (lower lvl) in my other toons are working nice, so it's not broken but is a very strange-piece of !"#! system and we need a good explanation on how this RE works XDXD
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"...I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

Blackardin
02.03.2012 , 02:37 PM | #100
Take heart people. They've heard us and are working on it.

Expect changes in the next patch.