Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Darth Maul a sneaky sneak or squishy magician??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Was Darth Maul a sneaky sneak or squishy magician??

SLIMDOGGIE
01.18.2012 , 10:50 PM | #1
So...

Why is it that as a Jedi Knght/Sith Warrior I am not allowed to use a double sided saber to deal massive damage? In every other game I've ever played, including KOTOR 1 & 2, the double bladed saber deals more damage attacks slower ect ect, but it looks cool, deals big damage, and it looks cool. (Thats right I said it twice) Just saying I am frustrated that I am allowed to choose the story in cookie cutter fashion maybe I want to use two sabers one day and then a double bladded another day. Depends on my mission. What ever happened to shaping my own destiny? I can use a double bladed saber if I want to be a sneaky assasin or shadow, or a force wielding sage or sorcerer. What about Darth Maul? He was a total bad A and he used raw power, not sneaky tactics and magic rocks. And I don't see how game mechanics would even seriously change much at all.. it would be like having one saber thats on steroids. I understand there are limitations to what people can do.. but this is clearly an oversight and I want to make some noise.

SWTOR, Please let melee Warriors/Knights use double bladed sabers. It's only right.

I'm open to criticism but not ignorance.
-SLiM

fettpett
01.18.2012 , 11:13 PM | #2
Darth Maul was definitively an assassin.

I agree with you 100%. This crap with limiting the weapons is stupid.

bliapis
01.18.2012 , 11:59 PM | #3
At some point deep in the future, the weapon limitations will be lifted, be sure about that.

Many things will change and more things will be implemented.

Darth Maul was a marauder but for the most part acted as an assasin.

He was an assasin because obviously his mission was to assasinate but he was good in mass combat like he showed in the movie.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Norumaniac
01.19.2012 , 12:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bliapis View Post
At some point deep in the future, the weapon limitations will be lifted, be sure about that.

Many things will change and more things will be implemented.

Darth Maul was a marauder but for the most part acted as an assasin.

He was an assasin because obviously his mission was to assasinate but he was good in mass combat like he showed in the movie.

I doubt it.

They would be forced to change a lot of the abilities and some loot.

Sai-to
01.19.2012 , 12:41 AM | #5
By your logic a Force user should be able to use a Blaster. But none of the abilities of a Jedi/Sith would work with a blaster.

Plus they'd have to have multiple animations for every skill based on if you had single, dual, or double LS.

If you want a DBLS, then play a 'Sin/Shadow. They can tank just as well (if not better) than a Knight/Warrior. And they do DPS better.

Wraiven
01.19.2012 , 12:48 AM | #6
You are all wrong. Darth Maul was a Marauder through and through. His job was to assassinate, but his role was more of a Marauder. His saber moves were extremely impressive (unlike the way the game has you using a Saberstaff.) He was a fighter, not a sneaker. He was indeed raw power and only had force push and force pull as known force abilities. Not invisibility, not Force Lightning. His moves with the saberstaff and lightsaber were impressive. Unlike this game's version of saberstaff moves.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

SLIMDOGGIE
01.19.2012 , 01:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sai-to View Post
By your logic a Force user should be able to use a Blaster. But none of the abilities of a Jedi/Sith would work with a blaster.

Plus they'd have to have multiple animations for every skill based on if you had single, dual, or double LS.

If you want a DBLS, then play a 'Sin/Shadow. They can tank just as well (if not better) than a Knight/Warrior. And they do DPS better.

Firstly I would like to mention your opinion is valid.

Secondly, they should be able to use blasters, just not as effectively. I want DBLS ation and medium armor. And if i feel like it, heavy armor. It is not unreasonable. It is a time of unknown and unlimited possibility. I'd appriciate a reflection of that.
-SLiM

Sai-to
01.19.2012 , 01:20 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SLIMDOGGIE View Post
Firstly I would like to mention your opinion is valid.

Secondly, they should be able to use blasters, just not as effectively. I want DBLS ation and medium armor. And if i feel like it, heavy armor. It is not unreasonable. It is a time of unknown and unlimited possibility. I'd appriciate a reflection of that.

It is pretty unreasonable. You're basically asking to be able to mix & match any ability you want.

Now, while I'd have no problem with a game that didn't have classes and just allowed you to choose your armor and your weapon and go with it... they would have to completely redesign the game to accomplish that.

I'm not saying your idea is bad... but I am saying that it's not reasonably possible to do. What's more, you can accomplish the same roles of a Knight/Warrior with a 'Sin/Shadow... minus the ability to wear heavy armor.

Zalanox
01.19.2012 , 01:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
You are all wrong. Darth Maul was a Marauder through and through. His job was to assassinate, but his role was more of a Marauder. His saber moves were extremely impressive (unlike the way the game has you using a Saberstaff.) He was a fighter, not a sneaker. He was indeed raw power and only had force push and force pull as known force abilities. Not invisibility, not Force Lightning. His moves with the saberstaff and lightsaber were impressive. Unlike this game's version of saberstaff moves.
Darth Maul is an Assassin. The devs used him as the blueprint for the Assassin class. Hell, the inquisitor's regen ability animation is taken directly from one of his scenes during the duel on Naboo.

Marauder design never had anything to do with Maul. You only choose to see it that way because you want a saberstaff on your Marauder.

Macksolo
01.19.2012 , 02:49 AM | #10
I would love to play an Assassin but I refuse to use a double bladed lightsaber. Damn prequels ruining everything...