Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR support compared to Rift/WOW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR support compared to Rift/WOW

me_unknown
01.19.2012 , 04:43 AM | #11
I never expected any usefull support on EA games (due to experience). So i did not get disapointed and can confirm: worst support ever here!

you can easily improve your support experience by simple not reporting anything. this, at lest skips you from some frustrating and stupid answers you will otherwise get.
still have to get the patience to follow this rule myself

Lindraskada
01.19.2012 , 05:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dartan View Post
So I wasn't able to loot an item because I didn't roll greed or need on it and the timer timed out. Instead of the industry standard of the item being on the corpse, it went to the last person to pass. Support's stance is "sorry, be more careful thanks". I'd rather just not have a response at all because this is the worst customer service. RIFT and WoW would actually help.

quick pointer for you : as i had this exact problem in WoW. to paraphrase the CSR : "we will sort your loot problem for you, but we do it ONCE per account"
now i know it can vary from CSR to CSR, but lets try to keep this in perspective eh ?
as to Rift, their CSRs were pretty medicore aswell, were often "unable to help" with very mundane things, including bugged guilds, btw, which we suffered.

end of the day, they will have a bunch of CSRs, some good, some *****, most ok. and they are being worked very hard at the moment, dont tar them all with the same brush

Lyeren
01.19.2012 , 05:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ocping View Post
The day I get a gamebreaking issue is when I cancel my sub, since I know I won't get a response, or at least from a person who will actually read the ticket and talk to me.
Time bomb waiting to explode...if it hasn't happened to you yet than it's only a matter of time.

/cheers

Lyeren
01.19.2012 , 05:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jarowan View Post
In terms of customer support, never use SWTOR and Rift in the same sentence. They don't belong in the same book, let alone the same page. My worst experience with Rift CS is better than my best one here, in that I was able to speak to live people in less than a week.
So very very true! CS sucks, sucked back in Warhammer and unless they do something will likely continue to suck and as a result will lose a very large portion of their player base like they did with war and like the great MMO before SWTOR, it too will become, just another story to be told of a game that had sooo much potential but failed because their CS sucked.

Here's to hoping that doesn't happen and they actually learn from past mistakes...

/cheers

korrokakita
01.19.2012 , 05:45 AM | #15
My only experience with CS here has been dreadful. Reported seriously offensive (and rule-breaking) talk in general chat. Gave times and channel name and a name or two. Waited over a week for a response that "Well you need to screencap conversations like these for us to do anything".

Screencap conversations. Really. When they have full access to the log of that chat and exact times to go look at it.

GG guys. Not even slightly impressed.

Lyeren
01.19.2012 , 06:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by korrokakita View Post
My only experience with CS here has been dreadful. Reported seriously offensive (and rule-breaking) talk in general chat. Gave times and channel name and a name or two. Waited over a week for a response that "Well you need to screencap conversations like these for us to do anything".

Screencap conversations. Really. When they have full access to the log of that chat and exact times to go look at it.

GG guys. Not even slightly impressed.
Not necessarily entirely true..depends on their programing and what is saved and what is not, though I'm sure it is saved. And not surprised in the least bit. CS bits the big one atm, hopefully this changes once they see a significant decrease in sub player base. Question is what is, what does the sub number need to hit before they hit the Oh S$&% button and fix their CS issues?

korrokakita
01.19.2012 , 07:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyeren View Post
Not necessarily entirely true..depends on their programing and what is saved and what is not, though I'm sure it is saved. And not surprised in the least bit. CS bits the big one atm, hopefully this changes once they see a significant decrease in sub player base. Question is what is, what does the sub number need to hit before they hit the Oh S$&% button and fix their CS issues?
I believe it's a legal requirement to log the conversations in case of illegal activity. I recall that coming from Blizz at some point in the past at least, though it might have been elsewhere. Whether they allow their CS representatives to access it is not 100% known (though why would they not have access to a PUBLIC channel? Whispers I can see needing a higher up) but considering all other MMOs allow their staff to, I can't imagine Bioware/EA have a different policy.

Also the content in that chat channel was pretty serious, it wasn't a complaint like "he called me a noob", it was numerous comments related to real life violence and illegal activity (sexual assault & prostitution included, without going into details, which are not fit for a public forum anyway).

You would think they would really take stuff like that more seriously, but apparently not.