Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR support compared to Rift/WOW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR support compared to Rift/WOW

Dartan
01.18.2012 , 10:44 PM | #1
So I wasn't able to loot an item because I didn't roll greed or need on it and the timer timed out. Instead of the industry standard of the item being on the corpse, it went to the last person to pass. Support's stance is "sorry, be more careful thanks". I'd rather just not have a response at all because this is the worst customer service. RIFT and WoW would actually help.

YurikArkady
01.18.2012 , 10:49 PM | #2
It doesn't go to the last person who passes, when everyone passes it DOES stay in the corpse.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Agasius
01.18.2012 , 11:05 PM | #3
If you didn't get a response at all you would be here complaining about that too
I feel a great disturbance in the horse!

novarok
01.18.2012 , 11:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Agasius View Post
If you didn't get a response at all you would be here complaining about that too
You have to admit that's pretty horrible service, that's unacceptable for this MMO to be successful

Agasius
01.18.2012 , 11:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by novarok View Post
You have to admit that's pretty horrible service, that's unacceptable for this MMO to be successful
I admit nothing :P

I can tell you that I had to call from greece to GB to remove my key authenticator and w8ed for 1h + on the line before a guy -that needed me to spell my mail like 10 times- solved my request.

Yes it's hard now I have no idea if it's going to improve! I always hope that i won't have to call again .

But I enjoy the game and that matters the most

jarowan
01.18.2012 , 11:17 PM | #6
In terms of customer support, never use SWTOR and Rift in the same sentence. They don't belong in the same book, let alone the same page. My worst experience with Rift CS is better than my best one here, in that I was able to speak to live people in less than a week.

Agasius
01.18.2012 , 11:29 PM | #7
anyway dont perceive the following as rude or agressive or so

but wow's and rift's support are useless info here actually. It's ok to demand better, but why should we care about other mmos' support.

It's like comparing my starbucks support with SWTOR's.
W8 no I actually use starbucks' services

Just my opinion and no bad feelings as i said I already have bad experience with support here!

ocping
01.18.2012 , 11:32 PM | #8
The day I get a gamebreaking issue is when I cancel my sub, since I know I won't get a response, or at least from a person who will actually read the ticket and talk to me.

cutest
01.18.2012 , 11:35 PM | #9
yeah wow actually has amazing support.

/shrug

Thecooljason
01.18.2012 , 11:44 PM | #10
Bioware needs to realize that the way Blizzard does things is a great business model. They put a good amount of their profits back into the game, and they have wonderful customer support. But instead, it looks like they will go the way of EA, and make good games, but then offer such awful support that it doesn't matter.

Bioware the bar is set high by your compensatory, and if you don't massively improve your customer support, and optimize the hell out of your engine, this game will die.