I like the game.

Stouver

I've only ever posted once before and I never really bothered reading the forums until today, as they typically sour me on the game with an unfair bias. However I was interested in seeing what the patch was all about. After reading a lot of posts I thought I might as well chime in with my experience if anyone cares enough to continue reading.

I knew nothing of this game until the end of November 2011 when a friend of mine suggested I get it with him. I used to be hardcore when I played EQ and WoW but after that I decided to take this one casually to avoid getting too addicted.

I agree with some of what is being said in regards to the bugs and quality of life issues. I noted very early how annoying the camera auto snap back was, as well as the ability lag.

Though if I played this game the same way I played WoW I wouldn't be having as good of a time and may have even cancelled. As of now these issues aren't enough to keep me from continuing my characters story at least until the end. I figure these things will likely be addressed sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry it can't appeal to both crowds right now, maybe it will soon.

- Level 32 Sniper having fun.

I too am enjoying the game. My husband and I are very casual players as we have children, work, and other things to do. We have also experienced 2 other MMO launches that were not nearly as smooth as this one. As I read the forums about how there is no end game, PVP is screwed up, or this or that. I realize.... These people are not appreciating the game for what it was advertised to be and is. A STORY- driven MMO. We pre-ordered, started playing 12-21-2011 and are just now level 26. yeah yeah i know really low for alot of hardcore gamers. But we have done every quest on the planets we have visited we have duoed all of it with our companions and loved every minute. I for 1 am very glad this is not WoW (played it hated it both times i tried). Please for the love of god don't call those of us that do enjoy the game idiots or lame or whatever other inflammatory term you can come up with. And if you do at least spell it right.

Have fun!

Isn't that point of gaming anyway?

I too am enjoying the game. My husband and I are very casual players as we have children, work, and other things to do. We have also experienced 2 other MMO launches that were not nearly as smooth as this one. As I read the forums about how there is no end game, PVP is screwed up, or this or that. I realize.... These people are not appreciating the game for what it was advertised to be and is. A STORY- driven MMO. We pre-ordered, started playing 12-21-2011 and are just now level 26. yeah yeah i know really low for alot of hardcore gamers. But we have done every quest on the planets we have visited we have duoed all of it with our companions and loved every minute. I for 1 am very glad this is not WoW (played it hated it both times i tried). Please for the love of god don't call those of us that do enjoy the game idiots or lame or whatever other inflammatory term you can come up with. And if you do at least spell it right.

Have fun!

Isn't that point of gaming anyway?

Word :)

Exactly.

People are buying a Bioware game.

That means Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and KotOR. ALL RPGs.

Couple that with all of the pre-release videos where they talked about the "pillar of story" and you wonder what people expected from this game. PvP is a minigame. Story is where it's at. I plan to play this game until I have gone through all eight story lines fully, and when all the story runs out, play some of the end game stuff until I'm bored of it, then unsubscribe.