1.1: The Patch Heard Round The World

McVade

From the WoW Forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3932853979

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3932983847

From the Rift Forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/off-topic/289927-dont-leave-sw-tor-im-back-16.html

From the MMORPG.com Forums (Too many to count):

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/893/General-Discussion.html

Article on Massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/18/swtors-new-patch-makes-a-mess-bioware-looking-into-it/

And that's just from 5 minutes of searching.

When all the eyes of the world are watching SWTOR for any sign of weakness, you tear your own jugulars out and embarrass yourselves across the entire online gaming community. I don't believe for 1 second you guys are going to revert the valor exploiters, considering how long it took you to even realize there was a problem. I just don't believe you have the capacity to track down those who exploited nor the inclination to do so.

I've been down the long road of slow MMO death before. Not going to travel it again.

Keep your Founder's medal, Bioware.

All I can say is drama queen you are.

All I can say is your impatient and want fast instant gratification.

Guess what, SWTOR is not a fast food resturant, it also isn't a bag of popcorn.

It's a seed growing into a plant, and it's evolving with time.

In the process of evolving their may be flaws, but in the end of the cycle it will be ok.

Learn about the history of patches, launches, and updates in mmo history.

Your going to learn a fact no mmo has been perfect, and Warcraft would tell you it takes years upon years to find the right slate.

Even then that game is unbalanced, and not perfect.

Stop with this nonsense.

The state of the game has *nothing* to do with how poorly they managed this situation. I'm a Jedi Sentinel. I've dealt with Ability Delay and bugs up the ying-yang from day one. The bugs didn't get me. The exploits didn't get me. It's how they managed it.

Forum posts started today before noon about this topic. Their official statement didn't come out for about 8 hours. All the while, people were LIVESTREAMING themselves being corpse camped. Skrigg (http://www.twitch.tv/skrigg) did so for two and a half hours. And STILL, Bioware has done nothing for anyone who remains corpse camped except: "Please don't come to Ilum tonight. In case you get uncorpse camped, you can get a taxi back out though."

Any sane company would be monitoring their servers, seeing what was happening, and pulled the plug within an hour. Someone was totally asleep at the wheel here.

Edited by McVade

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the WoW Forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3932853979

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3932983847

From the Rift Forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/off-topic/289927-dont-leave-sw-tor-im-back-16.html

From the MMORPG.com Forums (Too many to count):

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/893/General-Discussion.html

Article on Massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/18/swtors-new-patch-makes-a-mess-bioware-looking-into-it/

When all the eyes of the world are watching SWTOR for any sign of weakness, you tear your own jugglers out and embarrass yourself across the entire online gaming community. I don't believe for 1 second you guys are going to revert the valor changes, considering how long it took you to even realize there was a problem. I just don't believe you have the capacity to track down those who exploited nor the inclination to do so.

I've been down the long road of slow MMO death before. Not going to travel it again.

Keep your Founder's medal, Bioware.

In the process of evolving their may be flaws, but in the end of the cycle it will be ok.

Your going to learn a fact no mmo has been perfect, and Warcraft would tell you it takes years upon years to find the right slate.

Stop with this nonsense.

Edited by Caeliux

Stop with this nonsense.

i fully agree with everything you said. im sure one day (In a Galaxy Far Far Away) it WILL be an awesome game..

however...

ill be patient elsewhere until it IS perfected.

no sense in paying a monthly fee for it until it IS worth playing...in my humble, honest opinion.. and to each his own if i may add.

Edited by Xaldynn

Stop with this nonsense.

It had 5 years to grow. This is 2012 not 2004. Hell Swtor is worse than most free2play games and thats really saying something.

Its honestly pretty simple with the farming that went on today and the over abundance of some Sith having an advantage, I am sith btw only lvl 20, due to a patch malfunction, do you think it is honestly fair to everyone, even me if they dont roll back or fix the problem they created?

Seriously these people at lvl 50 already had an advantage but now its over the top! Something needs to be done!

It had 5 years to grow. This is 2012 not 2004. Hell Swtor is worse than most free2play games and thats really saying something.

Being developed, and actually being launched is far from what you think.

Even beta cannot predict anything, beta tested glitches and bugs.

Maybe it's worse for you, but fact is game is only 29 days old.

I will repeat 29 days old.

It can't even talk yet, still is wearing diapers, hell it sleeps all day.

Wait for this child to grow up a few years and come back and tell me what you think about the growth of SWTOR.

Everything else is nonsense, and utter impatient blabber mouths that want their cake and eat it to.

Edited by Caeliux

Stop with this nonsense.

The state of the game has *nothing* to do with how poorly they managed this situation. I'm a Jedi Sentinel. I've dealt with Ability Delay and bugs up the ying-yang from day one. The bugs didn't get me. The exploits didn't get me. It's how they managed it.

Forum posts started today before noon about this topic. Their official statement didn't come out for about 8 hours. All the while, people were LIVESTREAMING themselves being corpse camped. Skrigg (http://www.twitch.tv/skrigg) did so for two and a half hours. And STILL, Bioware has done nothing for anyone who remains corpse camped except: "Please don't come to Ilum tonight. In case you get uncorpse camped, you can get a taxi back out though."

Any sane company would be monitoring their servers, seeing what was happening, and pulled the plug within an hour. Someone was totally asleep at the wheel here.

Edited by McVade

Being developed, and actually being launched is far from what you think.

Even beta cannot predict anything, beta tested glitches and bugs.

Maybe it's worse for you, but fact is game is only 29 days old.

I will repeat 29 days old.

It can't even talk yet, still is wearing diapers, hell it sleeps all day.

Wait for this child to grow up a few years and come back and tell me what you think about the growth of SWTOR.

Everything else is nonsense, and utter impatient blabber mouths that want their cake and eat it to.

29 days and they killed it.. truely impressive. I dont think I could do this if I tried....lol

Yea people that post on wow have the best insight to swtor, thats like asking a republican if he thinks Obama is a good president.

Not a very good comparison because you can ask anyone, not just a republican, if Obama is a good president, and they will say no.

Edited by actionreviews

Did you even read the first thread you linked? That guy made some outlandish accusations about Bio making tweets that flamed it's players. Even funnier still is the WoW community not willing to eat his BS (unlike you, apparently) and asking for proof. Not to mention that his "source" stated that now everyone has the highest tiered gear because they farmed spawn points. Last I checked valor is not currency to buy gear.

The fail is strong in this thread.

The state of the game has *nothing* to do with how poorly they managed this situation. Forum posts started today before noon about this topic. Their official statement didn't come out for about 8 hours.

All the while, people were LIVESTREAMING themselves being corpse camped. Skrigg (http://www.twitch.tv/skrigg) did so for two and a half hours. And STILL, Bioware has done nothing for anyone who remains corpse camped except: "Please don't come to Ilum tonight."

Mists of Pandaria just dodged the first of two major bullets today. If Bioware can drop a ball this huge, I'm truly frightened maybe Arenanet can too. At least there's no monthly fee for that though. Once you're in, you're a lifer and you can come back when/if it gets better.

Didn't they announce to stay away from Illum, they are fixing the problem?

Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Also they posted that it was a flaw and a mistake, you people need to read,

In Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue.We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

You guys are drama queens, are crying, and Bioware confirmed the game today was not suppose to go this way.

Get over it.

Edited by Caeliux

Didn't they announce to stay away from Illum, they are fixing the problem?

Also they posted that it was a flaw and a mistake, you people need to read,

You guys are drama queens, are crying, and Bioware confirmed the game today was not suppose to go this way.

Get over yourself s.

They did all that after 8 hours of silence while thousands of players were screaming at them about the problems.

They did all that after 8 hours of silence while thousands of players were screaming at them about the problems.

You act like Bioware can fix something the drop of a hat.

The thousands of people need to stop crying and go to their room till they can act like a adult.

Did you even read the first thread you linked? That guy made some outlandish accusations about Bio making tweets that flamed it's players. Even funnier still is the WoW community not willing to eat his BS (unlike you, apparently) and asking for proof. Not to mention that his "source" stated that now everyone has the highest tiered gear because they farmed spawn points. Last I checked valor is not currency to buy gear.

The fail is strong in this thread.

The main slant of the entire thread is how 1.1 is a joke. I, too, don't lend any credence to Tweets. But, considering the entire day, this forum was up in arms about Turrets giving valor, it just goes to show you how fast a rumor can get out of hand when anything is mismanaged to the degree it was today.

The main slant of the entire thread is how 1.1 is a joke. I, too, don't lend any credence to Tweets. But, considering the entire day, this forum was up in arms about Turrets giving valor, it just goes to show you how fast a rumor can get out of hand when anything is mismanaged to the degree it was today.

Tweets?

The forum was up in arms?

You sound like the defender of BS that I call "DRAMA"

Go watch a soap or something, cause this has become a over cooked turkey.

And your keeping the fire going.