Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Class - Very Long/Detailed/Thought Out

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
New Class - Very Long/Detailed/Thought Out

kdebones's Avatar


kdebones
01.19.2012 , 08:20 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Moncrief View Post
This is an aside to your class idea, but I thought I'd throw it in here:

I know having companions kind of makes "pet" classes a bit obsolete. But, there is room for them in the game I think. Many class abilities show a droid being summoned to heal or pulse fire or explode or what have you for a short period of time. This idea could be incorporated into a sort of DOT oriented pet class. Sticking with the mirrored class necessity I could envision one utilizing droids and the other beasts - bringing back a taste of the original SW MMO beast handler.
While I can see where your going with this, I doubt that'll ever be the case with SWTOR; Companions basically fill the pet role, and when in a group, you do your job. I think just based on the way the game has been made/presented that pet class won't be realistic. Though that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see an Akk Dog as a companion <3

Ardim's Avatar


Ardim
01.19.2012 , 08:32 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by kdebones View Post
While I can see where your going with this, I doubt that'll ever be the case with SWTOR; Companions basically fill the pet role, and when in a group, you do your job. I think just based on the way the game has been made/presented that pet class won't be realistic. Though that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see an Akk Dog as a companion <3
Akk Dog as companion would be epic win. It'd be like Urz from Mass Effect, except he could follow you around offworld
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

kdebones's Avatar


kdebones
01.20.2012 , 08:02 AM | #33
Been messing around with the specific details and/or purpose of the classes:


-Grit: Focus on the hard-skinned, tough SOB under the plate armor. Has more AoE related forms of attention grabbing then other classes (basic attack will Cleave, Spins around hitting all targets, etc)

-Confinement: A class I'm starting to really like the vision off, because I think it's arguable at this point that this can be considered a DPS/Support in that it's like the Grit RT's back-up that's holding the taser. Compared to Onslaught, they won't have as high DPS, but they make up for it with more debuffs then the usual DPS Class (i.e. Damaging abilities that lower stats, non-CC Debuffs)

-Onslaught: The shared, pure DPS tree for both AC. I don't think I need to really go into detail since it's just a tree that implements abilities of the base class.

-Bioware: The Support AC, the one that I want to be a bit of a mold breaker. It will still have heals, but in the form of like one or two less-then-impressive HoT that you can pop for the sake of "supporting" your healer. The main focus of the class is to work as a team buffer; you would have access to buffs that can range from 10 seconds with a long cooldown (think how Adrenaline works) to re-applying buffs that increase damage/healing output.

-Cyberware: This is the "Tech Caster" tree, in that your literally a spell caster that scales off Tech Power. Don't think that means you won't still be in the nitty gritty melee, because while firing a space laser on an area would be nifty, Cyberware Technicians would benefit more from being in melee range (though they could be farther away). They will gain a percentage buff named "Perception" that increases the closer you get to the target, since they would be able to see "...the Flaw in the Design". This would also give incentive to use Melee-Ranged abilities that are common to the base class.


Update Log:

-Edited Idea Section

Leiloni's Avatar


Leiloni
01.20.2012 , 10:04 AM | #34
For the Bioware I would suggest one of those two "less than impressive" heals be a direct heal. If they're using it for support purposes, then a direct heal would allow the BW to help the main healer during extra damage or something where I think they'd need the most help. I'm not sure a HoT would be all that useful.

And they need to implement that Suggestion forum already.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

kdebones's Avatar


kdebones
01.20.2012 , 10:36 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
For the Bioware I would suggest one of those two "less than impressive" heals be a direct heal. If they're using it for support purposes, then a direct heal would allow the BW to help the main healer during extra damage or something where I think they'd need the most help. I'm not sure a HoT would be all that useful.

And they need to implement that Suggestion forum already.

I do agree, a normal heal would probably be in there, but it should have a very "clutch" feel to it. Like, with current healing, it's very sustained (your at 80%, I heal you for like 15% and you get down to around 70% while I'm casting so you end up with 85% (or something to this degree). What I want to see is a long CD, big heal that they can pop like a Sith Immortal Juggernaut "Invincible" Ability. Like, for an example:


Biological Nano-Surgery- You send out a swarm of nanobots into the targets bloodstream to heal them for ???% (like, 20-25%) of their max HP
Cast Time: 3.5 Seconds
Cooldown: 2-5 Minutes



The reason I want to see a Clutch Heal is because if you have a sustained heal like Dark Infusion or Kolto Injection, it's makes you fill the "Healer" role more then "Support". With this, if your in a Flashpoint or Operation and the boss is about to unload on you with some big attack and your no one can interrupt, tanks gana die, and healer can't save him, THAT'S when you pop it.

Bankingclan's Avatar


Bankingclan
01.20.2012 , 10:37 AM | #36
Looks like things are coming along nicely, I needed to post to rate the thread. Ill let you now if I have any more ideas to input .

Leiloni's Avatar


Leiloni
01.20.2012 , 10:42 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Bankingclan View Post
Looks like things are coming along nicely, I needed to post to rate the thread. Ill let you now if I have any more ideas to input .
ROFL that's what I just did two posts above. There was no rate yet and I wanted it to stand out so people would come read it!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

kdebones's Avatar


kdebones
01.20.2012 , 10:44 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Bankingclan View Post
Looks like things are coming along nicely, I needed to post to rate the thread. Ill let you now if I have any more ideas to input .
Gracias Jawa-san. Any promotion for this thread is greatly appreciated, especially word of mouth... well.. uh.... text really SEMANTICS

Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
ROFL that's what I just did two posts above. There was no rate yet and I wanted it to stand out so people would come read it!
Nothing funny I can say about you. Sorry, your avatar looks normal... SQUARE HEAD!

Leiloni's Avatar


Leiloni
01.20.2012 , 10:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by kdebones View Post
I do agree, a normal heal would probably be in there, but it should have a very "clutch" feel to it. Like, with current healing, it's very sustained (your at 80%, I heal you for like 15% and you get down to around 70% while I'm casting so you end up with 85% (or something to this degree). What I want to see is a long CD, big heal that they can pop like a Sith Immortal Juggernaut "Invincible" Ability. Like, for an example:


Biological Nano-Surgery- You send out a swarm of nanobots into the targets bloodstream to heal them for ???% (like, 20-25%) of their max HP
Cast Time: 3.5 Seconds
Cooldown: 2 Minutes



The reason I want to see a Clutch Heal is because if you have a sustained heal like Dark Infusion or Kolto Injection, it's makes you fill the "Healer" role more then "Support". With this, if your in a Flashpoint or Operation and the boss is about to unload on you with some big attack and your no one can interrupt, tanks gana die, and healer can't save him, THAT'S when you pop it.
Yea I agree, it can't be a reliable heal you use all the time. It's got to have some downfall to it to force them to only use it situationally.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

kdebones's Avatar


kdebones
01.20.2012 , 10:45 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
Yea I agree, it can't be a reliable heal you use all the time. It's got to have some downfall to it to force them to only use it situationally.
Hench why I put the long CD on it, though, it could really be anywhere between 2-5 Min CD (nothing like those 20min thing @_@)