Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

which is more popular? Sorcerer or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
which is more popular? Sorcerer or Assassin?

Twighlight
12.14.2011 , 04:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Devhi View Post
Idk why people would make a Assassin thinking it is the "Rogue" class it has already been established I think that the Operative is the "Rogue" class and Assassin is the "Feral Druid" class.
Well, leaving aside the hybrid discussion, aren't Feral Druids simply 'rogue-light?'

Assassin's are the 'rogue' force class. They have one tree oriented towards tanking, and a dps tree which uses stealth. I don't know about you, but any class which uses stealth and avoidance to such a high degree sure seems 'rogue' like to me.
The song ends. The song begins.
{The Constant}
Skulke - Agent - Operative - Medic

Dominickz
12.14.2011 , 05:27 PM | #12
Idk why people would make a Assassin thinking it is the "Rogue" class
gee, maybe because the assasin is a rogue archtype.

Ashnazg
12.14.2011 , 05:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighlight View Post
Well, leaving aside the hybrid discussion, aren't Feral Druids simply 'rogue-light?'

Assassin's are the 'rogue' force class. They have one tree oriented towards tanking, and a dps tree which uses stealth. I don't know about you, but any class which uses stealth and avoidance to such a high degree sure seems 'rogue' like to me.
Not this dead horse again. I don't even know where the "feral druid" part comes in, when their deception tree is, in some talents, a copy pasta of shaman enhancement tree. Down to the fact that voltaic slash does exactly the same thing as stormstrike, and is basically storm strike reworded.

Madness has talents which are a copy pasta of sham trees as well.

The only rogue-ish part of assassin gameplay is stealth and sap, thats all. Their backstab isn't even a backstab in a rogue traditional sense but just a positional attack that shouldn't be spammed but used on procs only. They have no good stealth openers and can start a fight just as well without stealth as with it.

Other than that, they use 50% spells / 50% melee attacks. How does that remind anyone of feral druid or rogue - beats me.

PraisedColts
12.14.2011 , 06:24 PM | #14
I'd make an assasin, not for the 'rouge' style, but just because of my love for Darth Maul!
Dual bladed lightsaber

Kattanas
12.14.2011 , 06:45 PM | #15
How about this... Non of the class's are Rogue or shaman or druid because this isnt WoW... It is a completetly unique class that is different from anything else you have seen or played.. any and all similarities are just that... and are expected in any game where you need to melee / cast to kill something..
Just like the juggernaught isnt a warrior clone from WoW the Assassin isnt a Rogue clone from WoW either.. Treat it as the new class that it is and enjoy its diversity..

We need to escape these bonds of comparrison or the developers might start thinking " Ohh alot of complaints about no stealth openers... Maybe we should put in an Ambush move or something.... Next thing you know the game turns into wow because everyone expects these WoW like play styles..

"Clear your mind and enjoy what is"
" If I was you I would start running! "

Devhi
12.14.2011 , 06:45 PM | #16
A few months into the Game I have a feeling BW will nerf Sorcerers somehow and then all those people will go bounty hunter.
SQUADRON 11-11-11

*NEVER FORGET*

paladinjb
12.14.2011 , 06:49 PM | #17
A few months into the Game I have a feeling BW will nerf Sorcerers somehow and then all those people will go bounty hunter.
how did you know my plan?

Dominickz
12.14.2011 , 06:52 PM | #18
gonna have to agree with this.

Devhi
12.14.2011 , 06:54 PM | #19
I'm just glad that Assassins are still the minority cause I plan on making one.
SQUADRON 11-11-11

*NEVER FORGET*

SFone
12.14.2011 , 06:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post
Sorcerer is more popular by far; it's actually the most popular Class of all

Cite your source.

Not "just what Ive seen", because thats a pretty bold statement.