Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

which is more popular? Sorcerer or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
which is more popular? Sorcerer or Assassin?

Matarasque
12.14.2011 , 01:40 PM | #1
Like the title suggests, I was wondering, which of the two advanced classes is more popular? I would love to play inquisitor, but don't fancy being one of thirteen in a dozen. I rather pick the least played specializations of the two.

Could anyone tell?

steroidfreak
12.14.2011 , 01:43 PM | #2
sorc is most popular like 80%
UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAA

Ewoksmiter
12.14.2011 , 01:52 PM | #3
oh... for dps or heals?

MareLooke
12.14.2011 , 01:54 PM | #4
From a poll on the beta forums just before they got wiped it seemed to be about even with a slight bias towards assassin.

Bodhisage
12.14.2011 , 02:06 PM | #5
Just examples from what I saw yesterday.

In PvP there were a lot more assassins in the groups I did.

When I grouped for questing there were a lot of Sorcs. I did the first flashpoint with 3 sorcs and a tank... so from a VERY SMALL SAMPLE its kind of looking like there will be a lot fo compatition for gear as a sorc.

Shadysketchy
12.14.2011 , 02:18 PM | #6
Sorcerer is more popular by far; it's actually the most popular Class of all

There's a lot of low-level Assassins that will never make it past level 20, just because a lot of people wanted to make the "Rogue" class, but the level 50 Class distribution will show far more Sorcs

Kabaal
12.14.2011 , 02:19 PM | #7
So far from the PvP matches i'd say it's pretty even. Done about 40 matches so far and it's rare that there's more of one than the other.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

dracoda
12.14.2011 , 02:36 PM | #8
I used the /who tool for a quick sample of who was on and playing what class today. It was only one server at one time so you can't take it very seriously, but sorc's made up nearly 40% of the population, which is huge when the class accounts for only 12.5% of the options (I excluded base classes where Inq at the time accounted for way more than 50%).

I'm wondering what it's like on other servers. During the weekend betas this didn't seem to be the case so I'm wondering what changed. Maybe just people playing classes they didn't want to play during live.

Devhi
12.14.2011 , 03:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post
Sorcerer is more popular by far; it's actually the most popular Class of all

There's a lot of low-level Assassins that will never make it past level 20, just because a lot of people wanted to make the "Rogue" class, but the level 50 Class distribution will show far more Sorcs
Idk why people would make a Assassin thinking it is the "Rogue" class it has already been established I think that the Operative is the "Rogue" class and Assassin is the "Feral Druid" class.
SQUADRON 11-11-11

*NEVER FORGET*

eternus
12.14.2011 , 04:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Devhi View Post
Idk why people would make a Assassin thinking it is the "Rogue" class it has already been established I think that the Operative is the "Rogue" class and Assassin is the "Feral Druid" class.
As long as you can go invisible/sneak then people will assume you're the Rogue. That completely ignores all the fun tech stuff available as an Imperial Agent or Smuggler. I'd prefer to have sneak & tech really, but thats me.

Its killing me that there will be so many Sorcerers, I hate to be part of the In crowd. /c: