Quick guide on how to cancel your subscription

Brodsk

If you decided to cancel your subscription before they charge you tomorrow, January 19th here is how to do it:

Since the cancel button surprisingly disappeared on some accounts in the last hours, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the following link

https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

After that, click on the "Show your payment history" button, the one that's below the subscribe button, then click on the edit link on your credit card account info, scroll down and click delete.

Go back, click on subscribe and see on the right side of the page if your subscription option is empty, just to make sure it worked.

Cheers.

Edited by Brodsk

If you decided to cancel your subscription before they charge you tomorrow, January 19th here is how to do it:

Since the cancel button surprisingly disappeared on some accounts in the last hours, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the following link

https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

After that, click on the "Show your payment history" button, the one that's below the subscribe button, then click on the edit link on your credit card account info, scroll down and click delete.

Go back, click on subscribe and see on the right side of the page if your subscription option is empty, just to make sure it worked.

Cheers.

reported....

have a great day....cheers!

something of note. when I heard of this on another forum, i went to check myself and low and behold - I had no cancel subscription button.... becasue I didn't actually have a subscription. I'm not sure what happened there, but bioware for some reason lost my recurring plan and rolled me back to NO plan. once I actually SET UP THE SUBSCRIPTION into existence? low and behold - cancel subscription button appeared again. there has to be something to cancel for that button to be there.

I'm actually going to make a new post about it, becasue had I not checked, I'd be very annoyed tomorrow due to inability to get into the game, even though I set up my subscription plan a month ago.

something of note. when I heard of this on another forum, i went to check myself and low and behold - I had no cancel subscription button.... becasue I didn't actually have a subscription. I'm not sure what happened there, but bioware for some reason lost my recurring plan and rolled me back to NO plan. once I actually SET UP THE SUBSCRIPTION into existence? low and behold - cancel subscription button appeared again. there has to be something to cancel for that button to be there.

I'm actually going to make a new post about it, becasue had I not checked, I'd be very annoyed tomorrow due to inability to get into the game, even though I set up my subscription plan a month ago.

I know, but if you click on subscribe, it will show your sub option on the right.

I just put in a ticket when i cancelled requesting they remove all recurring payments from my profile.

Something else if you cancel and they still accidentally charge you, and yes it would be an accident i don't think bioware would charge someone who cancelled on purpose, you can probably dispute it with them and if that doesn't work you can dispute it with your credit car company.

Hi there!

We ask that all new threads posted here in General Discussion be on-topic and relevant to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. With that in mind, we have closed this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.