Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Job Devs. Seriously

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Good Job Devs. Seriously

Inihise
01.18.2012 , 09:12 PM | #1
Ok so the patch didn't go as planned. Looks like you fixed it in a 24 hour time frame and have addressed it completly to me. Yiou addressed that you are discussing what to do with the exploiting and are patching the problem. Again, All in 24 HOURS. That to me is a great response time. Please keep up the fast response time.

Good luck with the next patch. LOL!!!

INIHISE

PS
I'm not quiting. I'm actually impressed with the response time. I'm also impressed with were your at with the first month. New content and are already looking at ways to improve.

Arkhlin
01.18.2012 , 09:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Inihise View Post
Ok so the patch didn't go as planned. Looks like you fixed it in a 24 hour time frame and have addressed it completly to me. Yiou addressed that you are discussing what to do with the exploiting and are patching the problem. Again, All in 24 HOURS. That to me is a great response time. Please keep up the fast response time.

INIHISE

PS
I'm not quiting. I'm actually impressed with the response time. I'm also impressed with were your at with the first month. New content and are already looking at ways to improve.

I approve of this post.

Also, inb4 you being labeled as a fanboy

Inihise
01.18.2012 , 09:18 PM | #3
I could care less what names they call me. I'm having a good time.

Epicopter
01.18.2012 , 09:18 PM | #4
I think the second they realized what was happening on Ilum they should have shut down the servers and figured it out.

Inihise
01.18.2012 , 09:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Epicopter View Post
I think the second they realized what was happening on Ilum they should have shut down the servers and figured it out.
Why would the shut down the servers? Not everyone on a pvp server is busy pvping. I got a level today running missions. I'm glad they kept them up. And they have figured out. Will be fixed by tommorrow morning. Within 24 hours.

IvamAkorahil
01.18.2012 , 09:22 PM | #6
the second they realized what was happening they hotfixed it, what more do people want ?
Brotherhood eternal www.theredorder.net

Sabbathius
01.18.2012 , 09:23 PM | #7
This.

Today's fiasco would have gone completely unnoticed if Ilum was simply locked out the minute the exploit was noticed. And it was noticed almost immediately as soon as servers came up.

24 hrs, in which people are allowed to continue exploiting if they're already there, is an abysmal response time when it comes to MMOs. Massive exploits like this need to be locked down or rolled back immediately.

OP, I'm sorry, but I disagree. Let me give you a WoW example. In one patch, there was a bug where popping your PvP trinket removed a major damage ability of just one class. Namely warlock. A warlock casts a very strong DoT on you, you trinket, it goes away. Affected 1 class. Actually one SPEC of one class. THIS was hotfixed in 24 hrs. And it was considered slow.

Xenthum
01.18.2012 , 09:23 PM | #8
Why would the shut down the servers? Not everyone on a pvp server is busy pvping. I got a level today running missions. I'm glad they kept them up. And they have figured out. Will be fixed by tommorrow morning. Within 24 hours.
Unfortunately in that time, those abusing the exploit will be about 2 weeks ahead of anyone who missed this 24 hour window. It's too widespread to ban them all, so it will be huge gains for zero consequences.
Rollback or server shutdown is the ONLY way to respond to something this massive. But it's PvP so who cares I guess.

MethodSZ
01.18.2012 , 09:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IvamAkorahil View Post
the second they realized what was happening they hotfixed it, what more do people want ?
Maybe for Bioware to spend 10 second with their customers asking them what they want and taking into account their feedback when developing game changing patches.

The disaster that is the 1.1 patch was completely avoidable. It still is not fixed until I see all the valor rank 70 empire players rolled back to rank 40 that they were prior to today.

sparkvolt
01.18.2012 , 09:27 PM | #10

INIHISE

PS
If only I had a dime for every time someone said that, I could buy BioWare and hire some real game developers and put the current PvP development staff on janitorial duty until December 21st 2012.