*Still* Cannot Abandon Quests

Geronimosan

BioWare, you said that you were going to fix this bug that doesn't allow players to abandon quests. I have 7+ quests that I need to get rid of, that I've need to get rid of for the past few weeks, but cannot due to this bug.

After today's patch, all those quests are still there, and I still cannot abandon them.

What will it take for you to fix these simple, base level gameplay bugs? Basic things like this should never have made it to public launch. Very disappointing.

Just go and do them...

There are other more important issues than people who can simply dig themselves out of the hole they created.

Graphical issues, client/server issues, those are higher priority than things that players can easily remedy within minutes of actually going and finishing the quests.

BioWare, you said that you were going to fix this bug that doesn't allow players to abandon quests. I have 7+ quests that I need to get rid of, that I've need to get rid of for the past few weeks, but cannot due to this bug.

After today's patch, all those quests are still there, and I still cannot abandon them.

What will it take for you to fix these simple, base level gameplay bugs? Basic things like this should never have made it to public launch. Very disappointing.

Same, fail fix.

Just go and do them....

I have one quest that:

1) I can't abandon

2) Is in an area that I can no longer access

3) Grouping with someone else eligible to access the area still does not let me in

So... how do I "just go and do" it?

Just go and do them...

There are other more important issues than people who can simply dig themselves out of the hole they created.

Graphical issues, client/server issues, those are higher priority than things that players can easily remedy within minutes of actually going and finishing the quests.

"Just do them" isn't an option for me as it doesn't take "minutes" to complete all of the unabandonable quests - it would take hours. I'm not going to waste hours of my time to work around this gamebreaking bug.

Abandoning a quest is one of the most basic pieces of functionality of an MMO. How the hell can they not get that right from launch? It's simple - either fix the bug, or remove the quest cap.

Frankly, in a PvE-focused MMO, where quests are king, there ISN'T anything more important than fixing this major bug in this extremely basic MMO functionality.

Just go and do them...

This is in no way shape or form a fix or resolution to this bug. I guess BW can be great full you aren't on the pay roll at least.

Just go and do them...

If you can tell me how to finish a bonus mission from a class quest in an area I can no longer access... I would be happy to.

Until then, shut your hole.

I have one quest that:

1) I can't abandon

3) Grouping with someone else eligible to access the area still does not let me in

Clearing the Colony (Bonus) - Defeat Isen 4 Droids: 19/20

Can't finish, can't abandon.

It's why I cancelled, OP. They don't give a DAMN about customers - they're just gonna keep pumping out content instead of fixing things.

It's funny how even two weeks after release Rift was superior to this game yet it's not hugely popular.

I flew back to Hutta to try to get rid of one of my Bonus quests. Wouldn't let me access the zone. Unabandonable.

I then flew to DK to get rid of another quest. Flew all the way out to the quest receiver, and turned in the quest. Guess what? He automatically gave me the next quest in the chain, and it, too, is... UNABANDONABLE.

So, after having spent about 40 minutes trying to get rid of two quests, I still have the same number of unabandonable quests in my log.

Utter freaking waste of my time, and failure on BioWare's part to fix something they promised would be fixed in today's patch.

I'm about done with this game. Too many little/basic MMO things are broken. There was another thread where someone mentioned that if it wasn't for the Star Wars theme, people would be leaving this game in droves. I'm in agreement. If this MMO was just another fantasy themed game, with all the bugs and lack of functionality, it wouldn't have gotten off the ground. The Star Wars brand is the only thing keeping this above water.

how *********** hard can it be to fix this honestly

Very.

Their whole quest system was designed (technically) around not having a limit to the number of quests. By imposing a limit after all the quests were designed and implemented (and there are a lot of reasons for that, notably server memory used for each character active) they now necessarily have to fix a lot of quests, and even a single quest that could be in dozens of different states. Manually. They need to find them, redesign/re-implement all of the parts that are broken, and then find all of the cases where they might fail to drop properly, or worse, be dropped and cannot be reacquired. That's actually pretty hard. The old way they were intending you to never lose track of the quest. It was persistent, and always there, attached to your character. The whole design about the quest was that you could never get rid of it, at any point. The designers could always count on the player having the quest if they were on it, so when you update progress on a quest, the one you want is always there, you can't ever 'lose' that progress etc. All of those assumptions are no longer valid.

Now, at every step of the quest you need to be able to account for the quest being dropped, and reacquired. That's a huge data entry job for probably all of the bonus series, and all of the possible states for sub missions and then how you restore the state of the quest (without saving that data in the characters log or anything that is always loaded when you're wandering around the world). A programmer could theoretically solve this problem with fairly tricky series of tree traversals and so on, but that's more likely to break than doing it manually.

Why they designed the bonus quests one way, and the other quests another I don't know. Probably they got to the point of saying (as one of the devs had posted on the beta boards) that there was no limit. Decided for whatever reason they wanted more quests, so added in the bonus series, assuming no quest limit and then threw a core assumption out the window. Not their finest moment.

I also have quests that cannot be abandoned. Honestly, I didn't see any difference with this patch.

How hard is it just to make ALL quests capable of being abandoned? I don't know why it should even be possible for a quest to be unavailable for abandonment.

Over 10 quests that I can not abandon. Its really quite sad that this has not been fixed. Its very *********** irritating that I have to continue dropping quests in order to pick up my dailies/weeklies at the start of the week. Get this **** fixed.

I have 19 unabandonable quests. I am now lvl50. This means that I can only do 7 daily/weekly quest at a time.

This is ridiculous. They can release new content but they seem to have such a hard time of fixing anything.

Dont know how long sub will continue...

Did they really say it's a bug and they are going to fix it?

I thought it was intended.

Edited by Ruser

My lvl 29 Commando has 6 quests he can't abandon and its starting to get difficult juggling the missions I want to hold onto vs. the ones I need for new areas. Like those before me said, many of these areas I can no longer access. BW went through so much trouble putting in all these quests and I just want to enjoy them. By The Way: I love this game!

Just go and do them...

Masterful troll.

I also love how ilum gives you 6 quests on zone in that dont count towards the limit.

Edited by Superawesomerman

I have one quest that:

1) I can't abandon

By doing what biodrones do. Cover your ears and close your eyes while saying LAHLAHLAH