Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canceling my acct

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beesodd
03.27.2013 , 04:17 AM | #61 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Marudan,

That date looks to be a bit off and misleading. Try returning to the page and pressing Ctrl & F5, in case there's an issue with browser caching.

Also, as a way to double-check, click this link to be sure that your account is cancelled if you don't wish to have your subscription be a reoccurring one.

https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

I hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Kittenor
04.30.2013 , 09:43 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenoria View Post
There should as far as i could read be two things that work (cant check already unsubbed so )

add

At the end of the url when you are on the main account page if that doesnt work try

https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription
Thank you so much. I had trouble finding the button too, I don't know why. It's nice to have someone actually respond rather than just calling names and acting immature.

Elvedred
05.01.2013 , 10:41 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Phatness View Post
Get this crazy none sense.
i just tried to cancel my subscription and of course no button to cancel on my account / subscription / billing history.
so i came here to see what i was doing wrong...still no help on forums except call for help.lol
yeah ok i call, long distance, i was put on hold for 20 minutes. by the time i get help go over my situation again....this is where is gets hilarious.
it turns out my subscription ended in January and i was playing for free with all sub perks. was raiding/pvp/crafting with about 12 toons. The kicker is if i never called to cancel i could have had the full game for free for ever....
this company is soo messed up i wonder how many others are playing for free and dont even know it.
i had no cancel sub button because i wasn't sub'd anymore. lmao

i hope this made some of you laugh. because its all i can do at this point.
Yes, I am conforming the same issue as you have.

My sub "ended" 3 weeks or so ago, and the game still lists me as subscriber, and it doesn't charge my credit card. Free game forever hehe :P. when I click the URL the admin put few posts back, with the correct ending, the website tells me i'm ok and i do not have any play time, therefore no need to unsub.

Is there any way to sort this out without calling?

-iDisOrder-
11.02.2013 , 12:52 PM | #64
Bioware is a MAFIA!
They sure as hell don't make it easy to leave.
I was looking to cancel and resubscribe to get credit for the referral...
took 20 minutes to find this:
CANCEL HERE

and then....you STILL have to call customer service to get a ticket number so they can "escalate" the issue to get a refund
Just do it within 7 days to get a FULL REFUND!
sheesh!
Like SWTOR And Wanna Subscribe?
Click Here And We'll Both Get Cool TOYS!

Make Sure To Tick The Opt-In Box
To Receive BioWare's Propaganda Emails

Niaymh
11.02.2013 , 02:13 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by -iDisOrder- View Post
Bioware is a MAFIA!
Or, you could have clicked on the "Cancel" button at the bottom of the subscription page. Just saying.

renegadeimp
11.02.2013 , 02:53 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by -iDisOrder- View Post
Bioware is a MAFIA!
CANCEL HERE

and then....you STILL have to call customer service to get a ticket number so they can "escalate" the issue to get a refund
Just do it within 7 days to get a FULL REFUND!
sheesh!
Must be hard to find the very obvious cancel button, as well as read multiple links in multiple threads about it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

metallos
08.30.2014 , 11:17 AM | #67
ok, I just cancelled my account what you need to do is delete all your payment info and you should get a box that pops up saying "if you delete this it will cancel your subscription". That is how it can be done there is no more cancel subscription button.......tricky move swtor team, that's just tricky
Death to the Republic

Jayshames
08.30.2014 , 12:15 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by metallos View Post
ok, I just cancelled my account what you need to do is delete all your payment info and you should get a box that pops up saying "if you delete this it will cancel your subscription". That is how it can be done there is no more cancel subscription button.......tricky move swtor team, that's just tricky
It's been like that for a very long time. The CS team also tell you that's how to do it, if you ask.
That's why you pay for 1 month recurring then remove card info. That way you're only subscribed for 1 month.

OwenBrooks
08.30.2014 , 06:31 PM | #69
I just had to go and look the cancel link is still there

Login into "MySWTOR" click on "MyAccount" along the top, then click on "Subscription" on the left

It will show the subscription plans with links to change payment history etc , scroll to the bottom is

If you wish to choose the Free-to-Play option you can Cancel your subscription and is a clickable link as I have linked here