Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canceling my acct

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yarsha
01.18.2012 , 08:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CanesVul View Post
I think most of you are just looking for any reason to complain. I just laugh at this thread so much because your leaving for all these stated reasons yet you have a hard time finding the "cancel my subscription" button which took me all of 20 seconds to find. Bon voyage there mate this your stop then, as for me I have a 6 month boarding pass to enjoy. We'll be seeing ya on the other side or maybe we won't will we.
Just in case you missed the previous responses, you might jus see a post by bioware that actually acknowledges there is a problem with some accounts not being able to cancel, in this very thread!!!!

BilboFett
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #22
At the very least you can call your bank or credit card company, and ask for a Stop Payment for swtor. Although some places charge for that.

Yarsha
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenoria View Post
There should as far as i could read be two things that work (cant check already unsubbed so )

add

At the end of the url when you are on the main account page if that doesnt work try

https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription
saweeeet

thanks bro!

Puddz
01.18.2012 , 08:17 PM | #24
You guys must be blind...

I found the "Cancel Subscription" straight away in my account page. Clicked on it, choose why I was Cancelling and it was done...

Aenoria
01.18.2012 , 08:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Puddz View Post
You guys must be blind...

I found the "Cancel Subscription" straight away in my account page. Clicked on it, choose why I was Cancelling and it was done...
For some people "mysteriously" that button suddenly has dissapeared or has never been there. But only they noticed it now.

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning

Leggomy
01.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Yarsha View Post
Just in case you missed the previous responses, you might jus see a post by bioware that actually acknowledges there is a problem with some accounts not being able to cancel, in this very thread!!!!
Noone said anyone was having problems. All he said was basically "If you cant see the big CANCEL HERE then call and they will cancel for you.".

Robtard
01.18.2012 , 08:21 PM | #27
Huge success!

Quote:
Your subscription has been cancelled.
-Robtard-

CanesVul
01.18.2012 , 08:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Robtard View Post
where did you find it then? cuz when i goto my account -> subscriptions it lists subscribe, show payment history and add game time.

thats it.
1. Go click on My Account Link up above

2. You'll see those details highlighted with pictures of you've registered, subscribed blah, blah, blah click the subscribed one.

3. That link should bring up a list showing you the following:

"You have xxx number of days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will be billed automatically.

You are subscribed to a xx day recurring plan. -> CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
You will be billed on xx.xx.xxxx. -> SHOW YOUR PAYMENT HISTORY
We have a cc ending in xxxx on file. -> CHANGE BILLING METHOD
To extend your play time, you can also redeem a Game Time Code. -> GAME TIME CODE

->CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

That's how it is suppose to look and the capitalized areas are the links to changing or canceling your sub.

Canes Vul, Bounty Hunter for-Hire
Hoth System,
Proud Member of Valhalla

Tatami
01.18.2012 , 08:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Robtard View Post
So, when i log in and go into "My account" and under subscriptions it says "you dont have anymore time, please set up a subscription plan yadda yadda" and when i click on subscription type or whatever it says that i have a reoccuring one set up and in place, and it lists my CC.

i want to cancel my account. what am i doing wrong?

edit: i'd like to point out that i'm canceling my account for the primary reason that we all paid for an incomplete piss poor game. LFG tool? nope. Guild functionality? nope. Legacy system? Hahahaha, nope. Class stopping bugs (BH, class i rolled, end quest broken and has yet to be addressed, leaving lots of BH's in the dark), an absolute lack of Customer support, an auction house that is crap, absolutely linear gameplay (might as well have been released as a single player game), EA involvement at all, "companions" being completely worthless and mostly annoying (oh, you're supposed to be an intelligent person w/feelings and thoughts that i'm gonna have a romantic relationship with? you should probably get out of that fire you're standing in then), a horrible ui, pvp queue system is just a joke, broken quest mobs, lost mail items, bad collision when running/driving/walking (really? oh theres a tiny log in front of you, my bad, i'll walk around), ability delay not making any sense, broken chat with guild/party, countless ctrl+U needs (yeah i'm not a fan of having to manually fix the game for them, w/ hard ui resets or game bug workarounds). I'm sure the list goes on and on, but i'm bored. This game is bad and they should feel bad.
Tell your friends in WoW we said hello. Game is fine by the way. You're bad.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

Krylanna
01.18.2012 , 08:23 PM | #30
Aenoria you are my hero <3

The button may not appear for people who are still on the free month of game time that came with the initial purchase, or are on a particular type of payment plan. I personally was trying to slip in before my card was billed for the first time tomorrow.

Given the disaster that this patch was, and the timing of it, it seems a little too convenient that the button would just be gone for so many people, but the URL still function perfectly.