Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith warrior story fail, Malavai Quinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith warrior story fail, Malavai Quinn

Rushka
05.16.2012 , 04:25 AM | #311
I just (literally) did this on my second SW. No Quinn romance this time and I took Pierce with me.

Quinn tells you he told Barras Pierce was physically capable but not suitable to join them. Extremely amusing reply from Pierce. That's my boy

Oddly one of my SW's early convo options seemed romance related "Don't I mean anything to you?" Must be a bug unless Bio assume all female SW's romance Quinn (mine hasn't actually spoken to him at all...ever... unless forced in a group cutscene).

I still think the whole thing jars badly and wish for a better ending option. Nothing makes a Sith weaker than underlings that you can't trust or properly punish for betrayal. Why can't I just send him back to Barras if I'm not allowed to kill him?

Oh well, here's hoping Bio tie it up in upcoming story additions (but I actually really doubt they'll do anything with it).
Darth Rushka N'Kel. The sassy assassy from Rattatak.

bright_ephemera
05.16.2012 , 05:51 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Soteirian View Post
So.....

I understand this was a very traumatic experience for you, and I'm sorry. But.....

LOL!!!!! Sorry, the way you described it was very funny. I couldn't help it.
See, no matter how much I let myself get worked up over an exciting story...at the end of the day my imaginary husband sicced killer robots on me. If you don't find that hilarious, your appreciation for the absurd is tragically underdeveloped.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

JediElf
05.16.2012 , 07:57 AM | #313
What I would have liked to see was some cut scene in the Baras fight that affirms Quinn's current loyalty to you. The Sith Inquisitor cut scene in Chapter 1 has scene where Khem took a hit for you. They could have done something similar. Like at some point Baras made a final attempt to strike you with lightening and Quinn runs in and take the blow instead. They could have the SW reacts very fast and so the strike was interrupted (and thus doesn't not kill Quinn), but enough to show that Quinn will die for you. That way they won't need to change the game too much. Just add a 5 sec cut scene and it will make a huge difference for a lot of people.
I like that! It really would add just that 'little bit more' tot he overall narrative of that arc. yes that would work perfectly!

@bright_ephemera: I found that nice music video you made, for your Quinn romance experience. I have to say, I liked it allot.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Mirandel
05.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #314
bright_ephemera OMG, you really do love that character On all seriousness, I am sorry for my posts here full of hatred.

I deleted my fem SW because of Quinn. Yet, story still bugs me, like a book with missing pages or a movie with messed up scenes. Have to do it right one day or will never find a real peace. The only alternatives I sow is
1. male SW (preferably pure blood with \punish emote)
2. leave fem SW without romance or make Quinn to admit he loves my SW and then go with Pierce (to give Quinn a moral reason too for betrayal). But Soteirian's idea sounds very reasonable. Might try this to get that stuff off my head.

So, Soteirian, this conversation has to be the last before the betrayal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNg36zxInk
right?

(Oh, and idea with the cut scene is brilliant! Please submit it as a suggestion!)

Soteirian
05.16.2012 , 08:26 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
So, Soteirian, this conversation has to be the last before the betrayal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNg36zxInk
right?
That's right. In fact I think you want to get through that one before the betrayal for the story to work right (especially since SW actually talks about helping him taking out Boysc in one of the options). It's also makes more sense of Quinn's question in Technical Changes, where he asked if he should move forward as if there's nothing between you.

It is also important to leave Quinn on the ship to trigger the Corellia dialog. After the betryal I basically left Quinn on the ship and started using other companions. So I did most of Corellia w/o Quinn. I switched back to Quinn after I forgave him (during the Corellia dialog), which resulted in him him joining my SW for the final Draagh fight.

Try it and see if that works for you.

(Oh, and idea with the cut scene is brilliant! Please submit it as a suggestion!)
Where does one go submit suggestions? I checked the various forums and am actually not sure which is the right one to do so.

TalkingDinosaur
05.16.2012 , 08:32 PM | #316
That's right. In fact I think you want to get through that one before the betrayal for the story to work right (especially since SW actually talks about helping him taking out Boysc in one of the options).

It is also important to leave Quinn on the ship to trigger the Corellia dialog. After the betryal I basically left Quinn on the ship and started using other companions. So I did most of Corellia w/o Quinn. I switched back to Quinn after I forgave him (during the Corellia dialog), which resulted in him him joining my SW for the final Draagh fight.

Try it and see if that works for you.

Where does one go submit suggestions? I checked the various forums and am actually not sure which is the right one to do so.
Suggestion Box
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Devroqen
05.16.2012 , 08:45 PM | #317
You aren't alone in that feeling. I wanted him dead. Period. If it wasn't for the fact he's the only healer you got.... at least you got to torture him if you picked it, though I agree, I would have killed him then and there.
Darth Terrer
Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Wrath of The Sith Emperor

Soteirian
05.16.2012 , 08:50 PM | #318
Done!

@TalkingDinosaur - thanks for the pointer to the suggestion box.

Devroqen
05.16.2012 , 08:56 PM | #319
You aren't alone in that feeling. I wanted him dead. Period. If it wasn't for the fact he's the only healer you got.... at least you got to torture him if you picked it, though I agree, I would have killed him then and there.
Darth Terrer
Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Wrath of The Sith Emperor

Eanelinea
05.16.2012 , 09:33 PM | #320
See, I saw it as Quinn having no real choice in his mind. I play a female Sith Warrior, light side, she's light side V thanks to Diplomacy, and she not only forgave him (no force choking), but she offered to let him BACK into her bedroom and continue the marriage I'd wager, AND not tell a single crew member. The only 3 people who knows what he did was me, Quinn and Vette.

At first, sure, he was all happy to spy on you and tell Baras everything you did. Then he fell in love with you and married you. Then suddenly Baras pulls this crap, telling Quinn 'so, my good man, remember when I sent you to her ship to spy on her? Yeah, I want you to kill her too. Don't care how you do it, just do it. Thanks.'

So here he is, torn. He LOVES you (you'd know this if you chose the options about 'I thought we meant something to each other' and you keep choosing the relationship options during this. He is truly regretful. He DOESN'T want to do this anymore. But with him owing his career and probably his earlier life to Baras, he feels he has no other choice. Why? Because did he SERIOUSLY think, that ALL that time he spent with you on missions, etc, that TWO silver strong droids would take YOU out? He's not stupid. He didn't miscalculate or overestimate his evil ingeniousness, thinking this would work. He sabotaged himself ON PURPOSE and actually thought in an emo style 'well, after this, she'll win and I'll be dead. It was a decent life, farewell'

This is why he's so damn surprised when you forgive hm.

Now, if you treated him like crap from the beginning, told everyone to ignore his orders, etc, then if I were him, I'd have happily betrayed you and played you for a patsy too. Whether we were married or not. But then again, I treat all my companions, even the ones who annoy the piss out of me, with respect.