Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith warrior story fail, Malavai Quinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith warrior story fail, Malavai Quinn

Lassiec
01.18.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1
Totally disappointed. When Quinn betrayes you, there must be choice to kill him permanently. How can a sith lord keep traitor aboard? Its nonsence. If Bioware thinks that he is fully punished just by little non-fatal choking and some scolding for betraying a SITH who killed ppl just for a pair wrong words, then Baras' betrayal can be handled the same way, lol. Just send to Baras an angry holo message, and its done. Totally ruins roleplay and now this 'storyline' for me is just a way to farm levels till max, i dont believe in it anymore.

DarkestDaemon
01.18.2012 , 07:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lassiec View Post
Totally disappointed. When Quinn betrayes you, there must be choice to kill him permanently. How can a sith lord keep traitor aboard? Its nonsence. If Bioware thinks that he is fully punished just by little non-fatal choking and some scolding for betraying a SITH who killed ppl just for a pair wrong words, then Baras' betrayal can be handled the same way, lol. Just send to Baras an angry holo message, and its done. Totally ruins roleplay and now this 'storyline' for me is just a way to farm levels till max, i dont believe in it anymore.
The game's decided your character is more intelligent than you, pretty much.

By this I mean, not all Sith are 'RABBLE RABBLE BLOOD AND GUTS RABBLE RABBLE'.

Some are smart enough to recognize valuable resources and not waste them.

Lassiec
01.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post

You mean something wrong. When you find out that your hired worker is stealing from you - you fire him. When soldier betrays his lord, lord must punish him in a strongest way. In the name of discipline and common sense - those who betray once, will do it again. Punish but not forgive and make him captain of your ship, this is completely madness even for Jedi. Sith simply couldnt do such thing, its unbelievable. If you thing that is pretty intelligent, then i dont know what to think about you.

DarkestDaemon
01.18.2012 , 08:32 PM | #4
You mean something wrong. When you find out that your hired worker is stealing from you - you fire him. When soldier betrays his lord, lord must punish him in a strongest way. In the name of discipline and common sense - those who betray once, will do it again. Punish but not forgive and make him captain of your ship, this is completely madness even for Jedi. Sith simply couldnt do such thing, its unbelievable. If you thing that is pretty intelligent, then i dont know what to think about you.
Put it this way.

If Quinn was actually going to betray you, do you think he would have used -droids- to try and kill your character? I mean, he's seen what you've done to droids... he's seen what you've done to Jedi. No, if he was going to betray you he would have gotten you while you were asleep or just destroyed the station from your ship.

Sith would do such a thing. You wouldn't because you don't understand subtlety or the idea of -not- giving up a valuable resource.

Lassiec
01.18.2012 , 08:48 PM | #5
I understand that traitors are not resources at all, they are dangerous enemies and permanent threat while alive. In this case forgiveness is a weakness, those who are weak have no rights to call themselves a sith. This conception ideally fits in sith roleplay.

DarkestDaemon
01.18.2012 , 08:50 PM | #6
I understand that traitors are not resources at all, they are dangerous enemies and permanent threat while alive. In this case forgiveness is a weakness, those who are weak dont have rights to call themselves a sith. This conception ideally fits in sith roleplay.
*Facepalm*

You understand nothing.

xyreL
01.18.2012 , 09:35 PM | #7
Here's what I think happened you were probably able to kill him in the beta, But then people realised how much they needed quinn being a healer and all and imo your most valuable one. Because they did say people did complain in the beta after they had killed their companion and made tickets about getting them back

LordRoth
01.18.2012 , 09:49 PM | #8
You were originally allowed to kill your companions, and quinn when he betrays you, but people would intentionally kill off their companions and then later on complain that they have none, so BW went ahead and removed companion death.
Squadron 238

Naga Sadow

Library - Terrible Sorcerer

gibmachine
01.19.2012 , 06:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post

I assume then that there is no other imperial officer with medical training and a bit of strategic thinking out there, who would love to work directly under Emperor's Wrath?

Hell, even a stim vendor would do.

There is very simple way around it. Just allow players to adjust the role of their companions according to their likings. That way, Vette could become somewhat of a merc healer, Jaesa could develop sorc healing powers and Pierce could go for some operative training.

The way in which the decision is made for you is simply plain wrong and it doesn't matter if he's a "valuable resource". Right now we have "you stabbed me in the back and through me an idiot by thinking that 2 droids could take me out but you can heal so be nice and we cool" ********.

I really feel that when storylines are expanded, we could have an option to go back to this very situation (maybe a scene aboard the ship in which you tell the crew what happened and are then presented with an option to let him live or "you outlived your usefullness", thus killing him and replacing with different companion to not have -1 when crafting)

DarkestDaemon
01.19.2012 , 06:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
I assume then that there is no other imperial officer with medical training and a bit of strategic thinking out there, who would love to work directly under Emperor's Wrath?
With Quinn's qualifications? I doubt it.