Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zidstar
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #901
I was valor 59 when today started

Grinded my *** off for about 30k+ valor today doing 15-20 warzones to hit 60 today, just to later find out people got the same amount from a couple hours of exploiting people dying and respawning

1. They need to roll back the exploiters or I ragequit

2. If they roll my LEGIT VALOR from WZ today I might ragequit as well.

Loekii
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by SargerusIII View Post
I feel bad for BW

If rollbacks happen = Players ragequit

If rollbacks don't happen = Players ragequit

I think they chosed the safest option regarding subscription loss

The expectation is that BW would be qualified enough to have avoided the issue before it ever got to this point.

They are making ametuer mistakes, which I think is why people are so upset. This is not some 'out of nowhere' surprise issue.

Not Happy with the State of TOR?

Cancel your subscription until you see BW improve the game to your liking. Vote with your Wallet.

Kroktar
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #903
I wish they had competent people like their moderators 24/7 warning on ilum threads.

Why dont hire them instead gabe

Natharon
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by RealAeiouy View Post
Yeah you killed lowbies you are so awesome. They should roll you back first
I think everyone gets it, you got killed by a 50 as a lowbie, your butt hurts. I've seen level 20's tool on level 50's. /pep
♠The Natharon Legacy♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WAR>

VXBlade
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by Nugens View Post
+1 unsubscribed.Come back to me when you care about what the public has to say.
The republic on my server said, die imperial scum and did just that. Are some servers not balanced, probably... server transfers in order? Yep

TheNyxie
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #906
rofl genius

AlyxDinas
01.18.2012 , 08:14 PM | #907
Defensive buffs for the side that doesn't hold the zone. Do it.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

GalinGrey
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #908
Here is what I dont get. I am a Republic player but my highest level character is just about to hit 48. I have to ask though.......why does everyone keep respawning?

The problem is clear. They rack up valor from player kills. When you are dead you can still see the the SEA OF RED NAMES and all the horrible lightning and explosions blowing up the very spot you are going to reappear at. So why, WHY would you be so dumb to respawn OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN to feed the massive horde valor then come complain about it later. That makes no sense. STOP. SPAWNING. Go play an alt for the day. The Imperial plays will stop when they suddenly have NO ONE TO KILL and they won't all be Instant Battlemasters. Yes the patch is messed up and this should probably never have happened to begin with but you are doing nothing but feeding the problem. You are the ones giving the enemy players their valor ranks, not Bioware. Now they are going to be doing an emergency patch which is great and all but honestly this shutting down of taxi's to the planet or whatever should have been done earlier to avoid this. Then people would be less upset at the 3-4 valor ranks that some people gained as opposed to the 10 or more they did over the course of the day.

The fault may have originally been Bioware's but the players didn't help the situation. My point still stands.

STOP. SPAWNING!

Nerfmi
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #909
this.

Darth-Heinous
01.18.2012 , 08:15 PM | #910
*** is all this QQ and whining, "meh, I'm not gonna re-up my sub see"!

Get a life, it's just a game. This pvp going on in Illum is awesome!! You should be out here with us.

I've been here for a couple hours and have only gotten five levels.. not much better than BG's so ***? **** or come battle with us..

God MMO's have such cry baby's. Seriously.
I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Sith.