Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RealAeiouy
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post

This is a blatant lie! And an obvious,too.

You never intended a killing zone. Because if you had intended a killing zone, You wouldn't need any turrets.

i repeat: With an intended killing zone, you wouldn't need any turrets!

Don't try to be clever,pal! We are not stupid!

You screwed up!
Have you been to illum? The turrets are outside the kill zone. Jesus before attacking the secs at least have a clue
I put the AssAssIn assassin.

Cordelia
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by RG_jhanlec View Post

No rollback to make the game even and fair and like a LARGE majority I will not resub. Want to see a game die faster than Age of Conan...? dont rollback and watch them all scatter.

P.S. also take into account all the other bugs going on... its not lookin good for this game of BW right now.
This I have to agree with. Bugs can be tolerated but to see large numbers rewarded for exploitation sends totally the wrong message to the rest of us who play by the rules. It's practically one of the only reasons I can think of presently that would cause me to unsub.

Cheats should never prosper.

MethodSZ
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #603
I wish I could threaten to cancel my account over this, but my account was already cancelled.

January 21st will be a lonely day for the remaining SWTOR subscribers.

Mithay
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #604
December 20th:

Blizzard wow head designers: Hmm this SWTOR is the first real competion we face in almost 10 years. Maybe we should do smtin about it.

Today:

Blizzard wow head designers: Rolling on floor and laughin. BW launched patch 1.1 = Self PWNed!

Congratz BW well invested 300 million dollars in swtor development

ptwonline
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #605
PvP in MMOs is based upon effort and skill to gain reward. These rewards grant a certain feeling of accomplishment and also increase in power.

When situations like this arise and players feel that the integrity of the system is severely compromised, it really destroys a big reason of why they participate. And so satisfaction levels and likely participation levels will drop. Since this is a large chunk of the endgame that Bioware hoped to keep players occupied with, this is a pretty severe problem.

No rollback will mean a pretty big compromise of the integrity of the PvP system. I wouldn't say that it would kill PvP, but you're going to notice that it's in a wheelchair and get very little respect.

spacemost
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #606
Maybe the turrets are there for atmosphere.
Maybe giant space turrets are something you expect to see at a sci-fi army base.

Cylestat
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #607
Gabe what are you planning to do about the masses of players who have gained so much over the other faction already? People are gaining battlemaster at an alarming rate on the Imperial side, surely you will not just patch the game and leave all the bonuses they got as a result of the game in place?
.: Lestat :.
<REIGN>
reignpvp.com

Musiqism
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #608
Canceled =/

Too bad. Actually liked the pvp in this game. But no roll back = No resub.

Will prolly not even buy BW-products anymore.

They have/had a very dedicated and concerned base of players, and they just shat out rheotorics after hours of waiting.

Really awfully handled, even for being mmo-devs =/
Musiq
Radiant Knights
swtor.radiantknights.co.uk

stevesetoe
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by ombraa View Post
This reminds me of final fantasy 14
Except, S-E actually admitted they screwed up, fired their initial team and are making a really good effort to make FFXIV what fans want it to be.

If only Bioware could drop the attitude, like SE did, and admit they messed up.
Crossreaper - lvl 50 Shadow
Argantes lvl 50 Guardian
Chuundar-EU-PVP Republic.

GeLopez
01.18.2012 , 07:42 PM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by equeone View Post
I went from valor rank 22 to 39 today in ilum only..
That's actually not impressive at all. Those ranks could be farmed in like three hours of warzones.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman