Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexisLarson
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #521
So No Roll Back?

fusilade
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Thanks for NOT rolling back so the vast majority of people who levelled today don't see their work wasted
What work? The people who did actual work to get their valor are the very people who want the rollback.

Absolas
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by nemesiscw View Post
Actually, you can. Rift made it so that you couldn't pick a faction if the population was unbalanced.
And make it so your playerbase can't play which ever half that they would like when they choose? It'd be one thing if it was purely cosmetic (Lets face it, there really isnt much of a difference in class story on WOW), but in a game like this where the stories are vastly different? I would pay to see the rage then....

SithtobeJedi
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Why be on the verge? Unsub for a while. Send the message.

If they fix it, you can always resub.

If they keep giving us this 'lip service' and poor quality, you will have saved yourself spending your money rewarding their poor work.
Much like the trolls giving lip service and spreading untrue rumors or saying they are unsubbing.

Which is more legitimate? Cause apparently a player can say something and hundreds of people will believe them without trying it themself, but a developer can say the opposite and people will say "I want proof" :P
"Never argue with a fool, from a distance no one can tell the difference."
◙[//////////]:◙:{♦}X{█████████████████████████████)

thekrazo
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
Oh wait, so now it's the individuals' fault? You may take action against individuals for playing the game the way you made it?

You're not only not accepting blame, not acknowledging the real issue and not committing to any action, you're also trying to shift blame away from yourselves and onto your player base?

Pathetic.

Inraika
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormnut View Post
Again people that want rollbacks, how is it fair to the people the gained valor outside of Ilum?
Would you rather lose the bit of valor you gained so everyone else will be evened out and on the same general field, or put up with even more faction imbalance and people leaving the game?

ROLLBACK PLEASE

Exponentially
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Blahofstars View Post
Why wasn't this done 12 or so hours ago? As it is on my server, the Imps outgear Republic before this patch and this just exacerbates the situation even further. A large part of the anger behind the patch was due to the disparity in PvP between the two factions already (with one side being MUCH easier to gain PvP gear than the other) due to one faction outnumbering the other immensely, which the patch was supposedly going to address but actually did the opposite.

Is there going to be any rollback or someway to compensate for the valor gained by the Imperials from today? I know of atleast one character that purposely sat and respawned to give everyone camping as many points as possible. I've already suffered weeks of PvP against fully geared Sith as a level 30-40+ only to hit 50 recently and still suffer with no PvP gear vs fully geared Sith (except now with no lowbies to pick on). There have been many suggestions on how to fix the problem, but when you only win 10% in solo queue and don't have the time to complete dailies while equally ungeared characters can win 3 straight without doing anything on the other side, it makes dailies pointless as well. I understand time invested should be rewarded, but with the current way things are going, Republic PvP on my server will be dead within weeks. I know the "statistics" released showed approximately even scoring wins/loss between the factions overall, but unless you address the disparity within each server, most of this gaming community will just quit.

The problem is there is a lack of dialogue with the devs on whether they are even addressing this issue (or even see it as one) which leaves most of the community fuming and even angrier when bugs like this patch come to fruition. Please build up a better rapport within the community or I'm afraid this community may bail from this game faster than APB sank.
Because 12 hours ago it was 8:35 am.

Loekii
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldSquadGirl View Post

This is just not true, as demonstrated in the screenshot below.

70 Valor with zero control for a kill
Not to mention they also appear to be lying about their 'design'.

Why do you design in Turrets to fire at enemy players, when enemy players are supposed to instantly die?????

Not Happy with the State of TOR?

Cancel your subscription until you see BW improve the game to your liking. Vote with your Wallet.

Sirsri
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #529
So wait... there's a major exploit with one of the currencies in game (valour)... and you're just going to ignore it... for 24 hours?

At least turn off valour per kill.... say 8 hours ago, or cap the total valour earned from Ilum at 30x200 = 6000 for today (or something a bit higher even). It's a tricky database operation, but it needs to happen, people should not be exploiting there way through 20 or 30 pvp levels. Or exploiting their way through anything.

Ceasaigh
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by LimitPrime View Post
I want to explicitly know what this *********** means before I quit my sub. Otherwise, there's no more point lying/blowing hot air up our asses with this colossal mistake.
Good luck with that
Jedi Guardian Ceasaigh
<Working as Intended>
"The Hawk Legacy"
Jedi Covenant