Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nangasaur
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Macabrae View Post
Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.
^ Abused the valor gains on Ilum today.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Taekoma
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
like you guys did the with people who duped money? These cats will keep their valor and get a 5 day suspension. Might be good for them to get out of the basement awhile then have fun with their gear when they get back.

djpravda
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #513
Canceled!

All faith lost in the game and Development!

AndantePhist
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #514
Perfect Scenario = Roll back all valor gained in Ilum, but keep WZ valor gained today

"I'm Ok with it" Scenario = Roll back ALL valor gained today

"Not happy but still subbed" Scenario = Roll Back EVERYTHING done today

I'm Unsubbing Scenario = No Roll back whatsoever.

Malist
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #515
FYI this screenshot is NOTHING - I saw multiple others online today where the bonus was +110, not 40... and the guys screen was full! That's 2600 valor, give or take, in what his screen showed alone, give it a few hours at that rate and he's sitting high on the hog right now.
The Darkforge Legacy - Ebon Hawk

ErnieVega
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathrupter View Post
I am enraged right now.

Also on the verge on unsubbing.

Give us that rollback or you lost 75 % of your clients. If there are any business analysts or financial advisers in that company, please tell them to wake up.
lol i understand you are upset, but making up numbers and threatening to threaten to cancel your sub is not really going to help. They have said that they are looking into the exploit and how to deal with it. that should be enough i think.
The Initiative
Vrook Lamar

Tadeik
01.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #517
Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Im sorry but your going to take action were necessary were players from both faction took part in open world pvp and gain valor as stated by the devs working as intended becuse of a bunch of cry babies on the forums will thats just not right either.

How quickly has eveyone forgot how alot of the credit dupers got away with making millions ingame and not a thing done about it, yet because people actually fought in open world pvp and gained valour at a bigger rate that the wz's posse then they have to be punished horse dung!!!

Requimo
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by Macabrae View Post
Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.
In short you think that valor gained by 80+ imp spawn killing 20 republic is legit?

I'm sorry who was the troll?

SephiusUK
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #519
No rollback? Seriously!?

As a Jedi Guardian I not only have to work 10x harder (because I have a ****** class) to get to rank 50, yet Imps (who already have it easy) have gone from rank 40 to 55 in under an hour. It's a joke.

It's like my luck couldn't get any worse. The past 18 pvp bags gave me no epics, then I got an epic (bracers which I already owned) then went another 10 bags with nothing, then finally an epic (again -- bracers that I already owned). And now next time I log I have to put up with Battlemaster operatives 1 shotting me?

It's like.. Why should I even bother. It's not as if I'm enjoying the gameplay -- I have a GTX 580 and i7-960 at 3.2ghz yet I get 15-25 FPS in warzones.

Honestly, where are you Guild Wars 2?

ptwonline
01.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarnitor View Post
I just cant fathom why you are all so mad about there being no valor rollback. If you all are really battlemasters which I GUARANTEE 9/10 of you that are saying you are really aren't. why do you care? You did it the hard way they did it the easy way...GET OVER IT stop complaining. They even said that killing the turrets didn't give valor. I was rank 57 before this all started I'm rank 58 now I went in did my daily/weekly and left I DONT CARE THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE RANK 64 I REALLY DONT. So get over it grow a pair of balls and stop your un-needed complaining over biowares FIRST OVER CONTENT PATCH ON A BRAND NEW MMO
If people actually thought and behaved that way, there would be no MMO genre.