Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Niaoru
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #481
I'd be willing to lose the valor I gained today if it means all the thousands of people that got 500 valor per minute got rolled back.
Niaoru - V65+ Scoundrel/Scrapper
ePeen - Republic PvP/PvE Guild

lilTJeezy
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #482
Who has even gotten to lvl 60 valor today off of this? How are you doing it between the lag, not every kill giving you valor, republics hiding in their base and you picking off those who get aoe'd/gripped? With all points captured i get about 160-180 valor a kill. That means you need about 10 kills a minute or 1 kill every 6 seconds to get 1600 valor/min and i doubt everyone is getting that. SMH

asmick
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #483
Please be advised that the servers will be unavailable from 5AM CST (3AM PST/ 6AM EST/ 11AM GMT/ 12PM CET) for a new patch. This deployment will fix a few high priority issues in the game. We expect the service to be available again by 10AM CST (8AM PST/ 11AM EST/ 4PM GMT/ 5PM CET). Please watch this forum thread for updates and information as they become available. To view the status of your server, please visit the Server Status Page.

Holyjudgement
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #484
What you do not realize is that people here complaining are the people who want the game goes well. Just say that you do not do backup and point.... Thx bioware

Reii
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #485
Rollback valor and make FACTION population caps for each phase of ilum as well as implement a scaling damage taken / damage done / healing done buff for the lesser populated faction in each phase.

Dorin_Kass
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by Osuss View Post
Yeah that really means nothing.. Unless its a published list of people who took "advantage" which is essentially anyone who was in Ilum for more than the 5 min it took to do the daily, you guys are just blowing smoke due to the bleeding subs youre seeing right now.

Do a full rollback and risk the chance of losing a bunch of whiners who cheated to get something or don't do a full rollback and lose anyone who actually earned the valor they got.

Choice is yours.
Or a rollback that you people are freaking out about.
Sith Happens

Tenfeettall
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #487
If you guys think spawn camping and too many players on a screen is the only problem with ilum, then you really aren't paying any attention. On Nadd's Sarcophagus, even if we brought every 50 we have on the republic side out there, we would still be outnumbered 3 to 1 or more. How about a buff for numbers to help, defeats the purpose when the 50 get the buff for continually killing and the 10 just get @#^&canned. If you can't fix it, just close it. You did enough damage already with the amount of valor the imps took in today it will take me three or four days of non stop pvp to even try to catch up. Put the place on a timer. Learn from Wintergrasp. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, allow 40 in to each side, put an hour timer on two hours off and rinse, repeat.
I guess if the republic could all boycott Ilum so the imps could not finish their dailies, then maybe they will QQ and it will change. So far any republic pointin out the obvious is just ignored. No I will not threaten to cancel my subscription that always sounds empty. I'll just tell you I am really disappointed in you guys.
(that always worked when my dad would say it)

Saerol
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #488
Such a ridiculous amount of fail.
Saera Procela
War Hero ~ Jedi Sage
< Matchless | Stream >

Luca
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #489
Thanks for NOT rolling back so the vast majority of people who levelled today don't see their work wasted

The attitude of posters right now is just shameful, just show what MMOs have become: from virtual worlds you get yourself immersed into, to senseless e-sport competitions.

PalawaJoko
01.18.2012 , 07:32 PM | #490
Why did I pay 150 euros for this? Now if ever, I feel I was a total idiot.
..{⋤⋥}_________+
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾⌋_/\∏∏∏/
./Ξ/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."