Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kelticfury
01.18.2012 , 07:21 PM | #311
As someone who didn't race to 50, I am glad this is how it went. All these 50s that are unsubbing will level the field for the rest of us.

I <3 Bioware.

And awesome ^^^ they are going to deal with the actual exploiters on a case by case instead of screwing everyone.

RoughRaptors
01.18.2012 , 07:21 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Seattlite View Post
Un. Farking. Believable.

No rollback?

You pretty much just killed your PvP endgame, Gabe. Hell, you may have just signed TOR's death warrant in refusing to acknowledge the fact that you have rendered Valor grind meaningless.

I'm at a loss for words right now. I had faith in you, BW. I really did.

I don't anymore.
What he said completely. Bye SWTOR. Helm of Graush loses their top healer due to 1.1 if they don't take action which apparently they "might" but who knows.

From_Afar
01.18.2012 , 07:21 PM | #313
Shi**y job all the way around, BW. You have unbalanced this game even more than before. Your BS response concerning how this wasn't supposed to happen in the first place (spawn camping) is shallow. You never had the intention to prevent it until the user community blew up in your collective face.

You disgust me. Roll back the valor gains for today.

Zalamax
01.18.2012 , 07:21 PM | #314
no rollback and not even an apology that i can accept from u...its been a fun month untill u ruined it for me with the patch. Been busting my *** to get up to the lvl 53 valor i have now. and now people got that in hours.

love starwars but u sure made this suck for me. unsubscribing.
Bioware just showed us their potetial in making a good idéa become wasted and go bad.

Agelmar
01.18.2012 , 07:21 PM | #315
Get over the roll back. It would screw everyone else who did anything other than troll Ilum.

Valor isn't a huge issue, this might have fast forwarded people by a week but in no way has broken the game.

OHNOES!

We will all have 60+ Valor soon enough.

Legendaryl
01.18.2012 , 07:21 PM | #316
Good job BW, say good bye to your TORtanic. Not even the people who LIKED this game can defend this game-breaking mistake. No-roll back?

Good bye forever.

Ralom-Enoco
01.18.2012 , 07:22 PM | #317
Farmville USA + Europe + the outer rim breeding trollfaced pigs. = Ilum atm... agreed. yes?

Bioware fail?! - yes.
"Never seen a patch introduce more problems than it fixes." we will never forget, the Subs lost on that fateful day 1.18.12 - R.I.P GU 1.1

Apax
01.18.2012 , 07:22 PM | #318
I would really like to see SOME kind of actual proof that there were massive Valor gains today (something beyond the scope of what was ever intended). Right now all I've seen from players are just words.. claims that may or may not be based on fact, most of which is coming from people that haven't even been in-game today yet.

Seriously, with many of you calling for rollbacks, then there better be some solid proof that it's necessary. Not everyone went to Ilum today and not everyone wants nor deserves to lose a day their in-game progress.

dblamcvy
01.18.2012 , 07:22 PM | #319
No rollbacks, ok. As long as no one has proof that 4 or more valor lvls were earned that's fine. It sucks, but I can live with it. The fact that dev team is saying they intended people to insta-die in the enemy base.... How awful was that oversight. It doesn't make it any better, you should have just said, "Oops we f'd up". If you wanted people insta-dead you would have had cannons do a million damage, you would have had a field that does a million damage- something other than what was put in there. Obviously that wasn't the intended design, or if it 'was' the intention, what about the absolutely awful implementation/oversight of such a design? That portion actually makes me more upset than the other stuff to be honest.

Also, the lack of fixes having to do with warzone exploits is disturbing at best.

Luckily I'm a patient and forgiving person, but once you lose my trust it's gone forever. Unless things get much better, very quickly or at least show that steps are actually being taken to improve things, not just cover up mistakes--- I'm out and won't look back.

Westinftw
01.18.2012 , 07:22 PM | #320
::awkwardly takes off fanboy crown::

Well, it was fun, Bioware. I'm sorry it had to come to this.