Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bartes's Avatar


Bartes
02.21.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3061
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodylittle View Post
NO VALOR GAINED
Tortanic this is.

GW2 is gonna totally smash this game if they cant pull their heads outta you know where
no no it is more like that

Valor +20
Valor +20
Valor +20
Valor +20
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
NO VALOR GAINED
die

repeat
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

Bloodylittle's Avatar


Bloodylittle
02.21.2012 , 01:28 PM | #3062
yep just in red
<3

EternalFinality's Avatar


EternalFinality
02.21.2012 , 01:29 PM | #3063
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
Thanks for the update bioware. Glad your cleaning things up, I wont cry about it though like these unsubbed fools who expected everything perfect in the first 2 months.
Miiiiiiiight want to check the datestamp.

Demorgoth's Avatar


Demorgoth
02.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #3064
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
Thanks for the update bioware. Glad your cleaning things up, I wont cry about it though like these unsubbed fools who expected everything perfect in the first 2 months.
The update was a MONTH AGO, lol. Ilum is still broken and buggy as hell. People still have to suicide every few kills because of the 'no valor gained' bug. It's not 'crying' to expect some progress on issues like these...

Sonofgun's Avatar


Sonofgun
03.16.2012 , 02:45 PM | #3065
The last patch allowed to validate Ilum daylies in BG's so the republican are leaving Ilum entirely. Frankly, I can't blame them, being squashed over and over again at basecamp is a long shot from being fun.

I would add that in the Mantle of the force server, this imbalance is also exacerbated by the very large number of melee and stealthy players who can't do much in a large and mostly ranged battle. Melee's are getting ripped open and stealth is useless in this case.

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
03.16.2012 , 02:47 PM | #3066
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonofgun View Post
The last patch allowed to validate Ilum daylies in BG's so the republican are leaving Ilum entirely. Frankly, I can't blame them, being squashed over and over again at basecamp is a long shot from being fun.

I would add that in the Mantle of the force server, this imbalance is also exacerbated by the very large number of melee and stealthy players who can't do much in a large and mostly ranged battle. Melee's are getting ripped open and stealth is useless in this case.
A wild necro appears.

sensiblepoast's Avatar


sensiblepoast
03.16.2012 , 04:19 PM | #3067
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
A wild necro appears.
Hard to be necro when it is still relevant.

BCBull's Avatar


BCBull
05.06.2012 , 08:42 AM | #3068
Can we get an NEW update please!!!!

A large part of swtor pvp was in this place. It's no wonder pvprs are so upset.

UPDATE PLEASE
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller
Fixing requires technology that we currently do not have.

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
05.06.2012 , 08:52 AM | #3069
Quote: Originally Posted by BCBull View Post
Can we get an NEW update please!!!!

A large part of swtor pvp was in this place. It's no wonder pvprs are so upset.

UPDATE PLEASE
Update wouldn't cut it. They need a full blown announcement. It needs to be like pre-release where they are trying to get people excited for the game. There needs to be an announcement showing images of the redesign, general ideas, and footage showing it functioning. Even if it's in a rough form for internal testing, it needs to show the game engine handling large-scale pvp in an open world environment for extended periods of time, not just quick shots and jump cuts. Actually, even that isn't enough -- it needs to show with players accessing the game from a remote location, to demonstrate that the servers and engine can handle players at different locations all playing together in one area with more than 16 people.

BCBull's Avatar


BCBull
05.06.2012 , 09:28 AM | #3070
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
Update wouldn't cut it. They need a full blown announcement. It needs to be like pre-release where they are trying to get people excited for the game. There needs to be an announcement showing images of the redesign, general ideas, and footage showing it functioning. Even if it's in a rough form for internal testing, it needs to show the game engine handling large-scale pvp in an open world environment for extended periods of time, not just quick shots and jump cuts. Actually, even that isn't enough -- it needs to show with players accessing the game from a remote location, to demonstrate that the servers and engine can handle players at different locations all playing together in one area with more than 16 people.
I feel the same way
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller
Fixing requires technology that we currently do not have.