Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mckinneyhockey
02.19.2012 , 07:18 PM | #3051
Bump bumpo bump

Mckinneyhockey
02.19.2012 , 10:30 PM | #3052
bump bump bump

Arkerus
02.19.2012 , 10:38 PM | #3053
Can we please just get some guns on the bases that are up in the air and cannot be targetted? Its would be fun for players to man turrets as well. The ones on the ground now are bugged and don't respawn properly. AND WHY ARE THEY OUT IN THE OPEN!? That will help keep a team from being stuck in their base and camped all day.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

svartalfimposter
02.20.2012 , 05:12 AM | #3054
Can we have a new update on Ilum, please?
Quote: Originally Posted by killgorde
a great PvP game requires the devs only to facilitate and improve the environment within which the players themselves create their own content.

Kelenan
02.21.2012 , 01:06 PM | #3055
Quote: Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post
Can we have a new update on Ilum, please?
I'm sure they are working on something but what that something is and when is anyones guess.
CE VIP

EternalFinality
02.21.2012 , 01:08 PM | #3056
lol, Ilum.

cycao
02.21.2012 , 01:09 PM | #3057
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelenan View Post
I'm sure they are working on something but what that something is and when is anyones guess.
i see what you did there

KilmarFyrewynd
02.21.2012 , 01:19 PM | #3058
I actually have some ideas about Ilum that won't require major changes to the environment:
  • Make the crates not spawn if the capped bases don't change after 2 hours. Resets in 24 hours. This will actually make capping bases necessary unlike what it is now (semi-useless). This will only work if one or more of the below items are added.
  • Make blowing up a tank 1 pt and blowing up the the main base turrets 2 points. This will give incentive to taking bases.
  • Have a FEW crates spawn at North and South. This will also make capping North and South a tempting option.
  • Fix the turrets at the main bases.
  • Fix the freaking FPS issues.

Right now, 90% of the servers have the Imperials overwhelmingly outnumber the Republic and having control of Central 24/7. There's no real reason to cap bases and try to push because the Republic can't hold on to it for more than an hour or two before the Empire rushes out en masse. If we gave some sort of objective gameplay in Ilum which requires capping bases to work towards the daily, it would actually help in making this Empire ruled planet back into one that is fought over.

Bloodylittle
02.21.2012 , 01:23 PM | #3059
NO VALOR GAINED
Tortanic this is.

GW2 is gonna totally smash this game if they cant pull their heads outta you know where
<3

Chrisbox
02.21.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3060
Thanks for the update bioware. Glad your cleaning things up, I wont cry about it though like these unsubbed fools who expected everything perfect in the first 2 months.