Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wolfforce
01.20.2012 , 11:47 AM | #2971
I think they are trying to kill this post, its always nowhere to be seen. Oh well have fun whoever is playing this game, time to wait for GW2 while playing shooting games.

C ya!

Amiracle
01.20.2012 , 11:49 AM | #2972
Did anyone really expect anything was going to be done?

Tzanthisc
01.20.2012 , 11:55 AM | #2973
Haven't logged on since 1.1 patch. Between opening up 20 champion bags on Tuesday getting nothing but duplicates and the failures of 1.1 I lack the motivation to log on any more.

(P.S. I only have about 5 pieces of champion gear so it's not so hard to get a piece I need)

touc
01.20.2012 , 11:57 AM | #2974
Patch 1.1 was garbage; try again. Here is a simple process you can follow:

3 step process to immediate success:

1. Let us complete our kill daily from warzones.

2. Throttle the amount of Imperials on Ilum based on how many republic players are in the zone.

3. Make Ilum into a wintergrasp/baradin hold zone where we can queue up and complete "The Objective" every hour or so.

-Fenix
01.20.2012 , 12:04 PM | #2975
Ilum = Warzone Planet.

Ilum is in no way, shape, or form Open World PVP.

Have fun killing your game, guys.

big_aug
01.20.2012 , 12:06 PM | #2976
Anyone who thinks this was an "exploit" has no clue what they are talking about.

You can still base camp either faction right now. Set up an operation on either side of their base. It's actually going on as we speak.

Guess what.. if there are lots of people in Illum, people are going to get LOTS of valor. You can get up to 200 per kill. If an op of 32 wipes out an op of 32, thats over 6K exp right there in ONE battle regardless of where the battle happened.

People who did the Warzone grind are just pissed that others are getting it faster. It's in no way an exploit. The spawn camping is questionable, but its just griefing. Don't blame the players because Bioware didn't put in diminishing returns (I think they actually have timers on kills though anyway?).

If there are tons of people in illum, its going to be way better valor than Warzones. You don't get commendations though, so it balances out. I'd be happy as hell if they added commendations to Illum as well.

I'm sure we'd hear the same whining though.

FYI, I gained 5 valor levels in Illum since patch was released. 2.5 were from base camping. 2.5 were form roaming with an op.

big_aug
01.20.2012 , 12:07 PM | #2977
Quote: Originally Posted by -Fenix View Post
Ilum = Warzone Planet.

Ilum is in no way, shape, or form Open World PVP.
Agreed. There is no open world pvp, nor any reason to participate it in it if there were. Players need to give experience, commendations, and valor when killed.

Sookster
01.20.2012 , 12:13 PM | #2978
I have toons on 2 different pvp servers, and the only world pvp I see are level 50's rolling around Tatooine and Alderaan looking for level 30's to gank. It's pretty sad coming from other MMO's with pvp, this game lacks world pvp, hell even Tabula Rasa with the broken pvp system (which was added -1 day of release) had more pvp. I don't consider Ilum open world, it's another warzone since it's a pvp zone even on pve servers, and now after BW fixed the spawn bases with immune turrets, people are standing in the middle trading kills, I'll stick to warzones, thanks.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

drealmer
01.20.2012 , 12:33 PM | #2979
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfforce View Post
i think they are trying to kill this post, its always nowhere to be seen. Oh well have fun whoever is playing this game, time to wait for gw2 while playing shooting games.

C ya!
dominus!

Enginer
01.20.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2980
For those of us who got BM before 1.1, it breaks my heart to see all these players go from valor 40ish to 60 in a day
Why people are quitting TOR at endgame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHIWClqr_o

Starting to think EALouse was spot on