Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TechMaestro
01.19.2012 , 02:23 AM | #2001
While these changes are needed, there are two specific issues that you need to address in addition to the changes you have made:
  1. Turn off the announcements that say so and so player has been spotted near a certain area. As a stealther this ruins my ability to pick and choose fights and actually brings out a zerg of imperials looking for me. Visible classes are even more vulnerable to this as they cannot hide at all from the zerg.
  2. Spread the armaments around the zone so people can complete their daily/weekly quests while avoiding the zerg vs zerg fights. Your engine cannot handle more than 20 people on screen at once without reducing the game to a slideshow, so spreading out the fights is actually helping the player experience.

I am going to give you the benefit of doubt for the first month but my faith in Bioware as a developer has been shaken. Hire some people on your team who have actual large scale pvp experience to help you if you must. It does not feel good to say that even the Warhammer end-game pvp+pve experience felt better than what Ilum has to offer.

Khemizt
01.19.2012 , 02:23 AM | #2002
Quote: Originally Posted by davebsinger View Post
They would never just massively rollback game progress. All they need to do, and have stated they will do, is either recapture valor from or temporarily ban players who excessively exploited the opposing faction.
Source please i couldn't find anything saying they are doing anything about the valor.

AdamLKvist
01.19.2012 , 02:24 AM | #2003
Remove valor ranks and rewards gained yesterday or most of the top PvP'ers on the republic side will quit. My brother being hte first republic to gain the "War Hero" title is a peson you're pissing on.

The incompetence displayed by you, Bioware, is astonishing. I'm a BW fanboy, I've played NWN up to Dragon Age - your gameplay and your games is what promised me a great experience. You have now ruined the balance even more on PvP servers - PvE'rs are not affect but *********** us over like this. How stupid.

Since we all know you are imperial biased, were you getting tired of being facerolled by republic players in wz and wanted to give yourself an advantage? That's what this shows off as.

As said. Remove the valo ranks gained yesterday and their rewards or you're losing players. Its a point of principle, him having worked so hard for War Hero and then you do this, an abuseable system only abuseable by one faction because of faction imbalance. Your lack of foresight is nothing short of pathetic.

Sicknss
01.19.2012 , 02:24 AM | #2004
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoemama View Post
As someone who plays Empire and personally watched as the screen filled up with valor amounts similar to this poster I must be dumb enough to believe the truth.
You're apparently too dumb to fraps it, but don't let that stop you from stating it as fact.

mrjoemama
01.19.2012 , 02:25 AM | #2005
They would never just massively rollback game progress. All they need to do, and have stated they will do, is either recapture valor from or temporarily ban players who excessively exploited the opposing faction.
Dave:

This won't happen. It was never stated. If you don't like that I'm sorry and agree it sucks. Never been a rollback in beta, and the people who were banned for credit duping (not as many as actually pulled it off trust me) got a 7 day "warning" and to keep the credits.

If the won't punish "fair exploiting" from players on both sides...They won't punish us Empire players because we already outnumber you so bad anyway.

PS:We also weren't exploiting. I know we are bad guys in game but not IRL. We were testing broken Bioware content. Most players didn't check the forums who played Empire and general chat isn't a way to inform players of a broken system....server messages are.

GrandMike
01.19.2012 , 02:25 AM | #2006
All those that used this exploit should be suspended and valor gains for yesterday completely removed. Its that easy. Rollback - no thanks.

BW get to work.

jnunzi
01.19.2012 , 02:25 AM | #2007
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamLKvist View Post
Remove valor ranks and rewards gained yesterday or most of the top PvP'ers on the republic side will quit. My brother being hte first republic to gain the "War Hero" title is a peson you're pissing on.

The incompetence displayed by you, Bioware, is astonishing. I'm a BW fanboy, I've played NWN up to Dragon Age - your gameplay and your games is what promised me a great experience. You have now ruined the balance even more on PvP servers - PvE'rs are not affect but *********** us over like this. How stupid.

Since we all know you are imperial biased, were you getting tired of being facerolled by republic players in wz and wanted to give yourself an advantage? That's what this shows off as.

As said. Remove the valo ranks gained yesterday and their rewards or you're losing players. Its a point of principle, him having worked so hard for War Hero and then you do this, an abuseable system only abuseable by one faction because of faction imbalance. Your lack of foresight is nothing short of pathetic.
Heh.. if I was a War Hero I would be flipping *********** desks LOL.
and I thought I had a right to be irritated.. wow.

Toochbag
01.19.2012 , 02:26 AM | #2008
Quote: Originally Posted by Sicknss View Post
You clearly don't know what you're talking about so you couldn't have possibly verified the information but here you are... tossing it around because you're so sure it's true.
I wasn't sure what you were talking about when you asked lv 14. Thats all you said, which didn't make sense. Therefore I tried to figure out what you are talking about with the addition of the 50 bracket. Because if I was talking about BM they can't be 14 valor or lv 14. I was trying to see if you were legitimatley asking, now I see you were trolling. I know how the system works, I just wasn't sure if you didn't know about the 50 bracket.

Instead of calling you a noob or a troll, I wanted to find out what you meant. My apoligies for not jumping to a conclusion and being nice.

Sicknss
01.19.2012 , 02:26 AM | #2009
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamLKvist View Post
Well that's completely rational.

GRINnBARRETT
01.19.2012 , 02:26 AM | #2010
I doubt they'll issue bans for players who decided to actually engage in what the patches intentions were: fighting each other in Ilum instead of watching each other shoot rockets.

I do however agree with rollbacks. I partook enough to do my daily only, gaining about 1 valor rank (1 1/2 tops).

If they choose to wipe the day's efforts then I'm OK with it.