Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jiralya
01.18.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1501
Quote: Originally Posted by CTSmith View Post
You are not only exaggerating your average valor per win in a warzone, but your math is wrong (10k an hour compared to 6k an hour is much more than 40% more, its closer to 75 or 80%).

Try again.

Lol first i am not exaggerating my valor gained... simple 10 medals can be pretty easily farmed means 500 valor + 200 valor for ilum buff and you get 800 valor for losing a game if i am not mistaken and 1k for winning.

2nd, yea i did wrong math there, but still it doesnt matter even if it was 100%, becouse as i said 9 hours farm is nothing in the long run.

CTSmith
01.18.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1502
Quote: Originally Posted by IolasMacLeod View Post
Jesus maybe they were just trying to give people a brief window to catch up? Maybe they knew this would only last one day... you know... even the playing field for people who pay for the game but dont play for hours and hours and hours a day.
Has to be the most ridiculous response ive read all day, thanks for that.

IolasMacLeod
01.18.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1503
Quote: Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Biowares fine customer service.

Oh, make sure you pay for your next month for more of the same treatment.
should have logged off the in the area like i did.
Iolas MacLeod of Bria
The Showstopper - Delivering Sweet Chin Music since 2003

Chaosmagistrate
01.18.2012 , 10:08 PM | #1504
Quote: Originally Posted by IolasMacLeod View Post
Jesus maybe they were just trying to give people a brief window to catch up? Maybe they knew this would only last one day... you know... even the playing field for people who pay for the game but dont play for hours and hours and hours a day.
Give the imperials to catch up?

Level playing field for whom?

I don't hear too many servers with Repub-dominance.../facepalm

IolasMacLeod
01.18.2012 , 10:08 PM | #1505
Quote: Originally Posted by CTSmith View Post
Has to be the most ridiculous response ive read all day, thanks for that.
because its the TRUTH!!!
Iolas MacLeod of Bria

Abriael
01.18.2012 , 10:08 PM | #1506
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

Again, If there's one thing sensitive people should be demanding instead of this "rollback" nonsense, is for those that exploited to be pinpointed and their gains removed.

That's all it takes. It's simple, effective, solves the problem and doesn't affect those that had nothing to do with it.

Warroo
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1507
Give me rollback or give me death.
Former Wookiee Master Heavy Swordsman/Master Doctor from Nauritus.

IolasMacLeod
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1508
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaosmagistrate View Post
Give the imperials to catch up?

Level playing field for whom?

I don't hear too many servers with Repub-dominance.../facepalm
why arent there?
Iolas MacLeod of Bria

Leefn
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1509
someone link a youtube video that shows ppl getting 1k valor per turrent or someone thats getting tons of valor per minute.. I've searched videos that has been uploaded today with the name illum and found nothing of that

Jiralya
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1510
Quote: Originally Posted by _MadMike_ View Post
You clearly did something wrong then
Look at the screenshot linked earlier, 500 valor per minute is 30k/hour. That's a 400% boost from 6k/hour, so it's not just a minor boost.
Okey, well my server wasnt spawn camping neither abusing broken turrets, we were just aoe farming them at entrance to base,