Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jargonaut
01.18.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1011
Weak response to a big cluster****. I managed to cancel my sub today before the autorenew tommorow. I'm taking some time out to let this settle and observe how BW deal with this before I put any more time into this game.
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons

VXBlade
01.18.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by darthtoph View Post
Before BF3 was patched... what? I never had the BF3 loading screen randomly pop up during actual gameplay while I was capping a flag or killing an opponent lol nor did I ever had any difficulty running the game in Ultra mode. Your point is?

It had its connection issues but actual gameplay was never broken hardcore. You must be confusing it with ****** COD.
Point made.... figure it out and your iq will increase.

Jumajin
01.18.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by Vorodor View Post
The amount of crying in here is hilarious. To everyone rage quitting and un-subbing don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh and enjoy your pandas and wow-kemon.
I don't play WoW. Haven't in almost 4 years, and won't be starting again.

But that's okay, you can be an arse all day long.

Hessmix
01.18.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1014
Will you please just close down Ilum and rollback Valor? Jeez 90% of the community agrees that it will be good for the game. LISTEN TO YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME THIS ONCE.
Crimson Blade || Officer || Sith Empire || 18+ Guild
Bounty Hunter
www.crimsonbladeclan.com

Darth-Heinous
01.18.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by Obvi View Post
BioWare needs to grow some balls and actually close Illum, rollback the Valor, and suspend those responsible. (Including BioWare employee's that failed to see this coming)
Stop going to illum and having a blast doing some world pvp instead of complaining, really, this is the most fun I've had in world PVP since vanilla wow!

SWTOR ROX!! This is the game we've all been waiting for. You people all know it is too, you are NOT going to quit your subs! its a manipulation and we all know its what spoiled children do when they want something done their way.
I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Sith.

United_Strafes
01.18.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1016
Was this issue not identified during the additional "testing".

Macheath
01.18.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhorian
What I am wondering is why you didn't shut down the servers the moment you realised that wasn't happening? That would have saved so much trouble instead of letting this crap continue for like 9 hours.
BioWare froze up. Completely unprofessional. They saw an obvious exploit, taking place en masse across every server (they were obviously monitoring things closely on a patch day) and did absolutely nothing about it for hours and hours, until it was too late for them to easily shut down and reset the servers.

This is quite possibly the worst response to a game breaking exploit I have ever seen. BioWare sat and watched as hundreds of Republic players were spawn camped with no way out (unless they were lucky enough to queue for a warzone, then get AFK booted back to the fleet) and did.. nothing. FOR HOURS. That's simply inexcusable, to allow one whole faction of each server (be it Empire or Republic, though we know it was mostly Republic) of your player base to be exploited repeatedly for hours on end, while the other faction obtains far too much PvP experience for their efforts... and doing nothing about it.

That's nothing short of disgraceful, BioWare. I've been disappointed in BioWare before plenty of times, but I've never been angry with them before today. This was shameful to an extreme.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

TehIdiot
01.18.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by GalinGrey View Post
Yes, and that is a problem. They shouldn't be allowed to do that and if anything that the "response" says is true then it should never have happened to begin with. Still though I have to ask. Why did you insist on feeding the griefers valor when you could have simply stopped.
All they could do once trapped there was log out and not play that character until it gets fixed.
You can't use fleet pass or quick travel cause of the debuff and they couldn't reach the speeder guy.

Foxrynn
01.18.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1019
Simple and swift solution to all of this. Ban/suspend anyone with a large influx in valor level because I mean they did technically break the rules right?

Or just do a rollback.. two reasonable options!

Starbuckx
01.18.2012 , 08:28 PM | #1020
Give everyone max Valor Rank and a full set of gear....level playing field. No need to farm for anything and you can just enjoy playing the game. Except for Illum, that needs to be closed until its good for something.