Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lupacob
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1001
this will be so terrible if they dont roll the valor back (which they wont)

GalinGrey
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by ActionAce View Post
I am typing on an iPad and its auto correct is wonky.

They were in the republic base camping the respwn point. Think about that until you figure it out
Yes, and that is a problem. They shouldn't be allowed to do that and if anything that the "response" says is true then it should never have happened to begin with. Still though I have to ask. Why did you insist on feeding the griefers valor when you could have simply stopped.

Cloudwolfe
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1003
Are they not rolling back because they can't or won't?

Idyan
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1004
"Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones.."

Am I reading this wrong.....

agentbam
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1005
It's either a Rollback or people are gone! It's simple, this was a insane patch that shouldn't have been deployed. I'm still in utter shock the lead let this go in deployment. This patch wasn't even thought out.

Lhorian
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1006
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
I have no idea what to say.

So effectivily you took all of this time to do... what exactly? I don't care that the patch was exploited, thats naturally going to happen.

But the long awaiting reponse was, we're aware, he's a half hearted solution and we can't be bothered to fix the mistake.
Does make you wonder what they did all that time. Just looking at the numbers?

catchdeathwalker
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.
First off, I highly doubt you will do anything. As you do nothing to help people with the tickets open for an extremely long amount of time.

I was level 58 Valor last night and still 58 cause this isn't that fast of a gain. It's better than WZ's but ya. If you punish one person, you damn well better punish EVEYRONE EQUALLY, no matter how much they gained.

DO NOT DISCRIMINATE.

otakuon
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1008
Is there a video out there showing a player gaining insane amounts of valor because of this exploit? It might help BW make this a higher priority if there was evidence presented that showed players gaining an unusually high amount of valor.
Tormax -- Chairman of The Corellian League
A (ex) Sanctum of the Exalted RP Guild
-- "No Matter the Odds!" --
Our Website -- Follow Us on Twitter -- Like Us on Facebook

Saviorofcamelot
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1009
I am aware of a potential issue with my subscription, I will have a response shortly.

Answer in under 8 hours and you're still faster then BioWare is.
Kamikazi - 40+ Scoundrel Healer - The Courageous
Kamikazi - 50 Sage Healer- Jedi Covenant

RildurX
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by doctorfirepants View Post
How is this a giant last straw. Seriously people, the game is barely a month old. I mean, do you really have that lil patience. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time. In no way did I ever expect this game to be perfect or even close to it at launch. players exploited a fault in the system today. Republican players who repeatedly fed those taking advantage of it, your as much to blame as bioware is. You see a problem, remove yourself from it until it is fixed. Simple as that. You cry more than my five year old nephew. All of you crying about canceling, the community here will be much better off without you. For those of you who understand MMO's are under constant development, I look forward to sharing this game with you for some time.

That's exactly the case we do NOT have the patience for gross incompetence like this. With as many MMO's that have been out in the last 10 years they should have seen many of these issues coming. You have 1 month to convince people you are capable of designing a game that is fun and fair. They failed.