Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keaneoo
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #991
BW rollback the servers for the good of your own game, if you don't you:

1. Really piss off people that have put in a lot of time working towards Battlemaster.

2. Ruin end game PvP... it will not show itself straight away as people only have the valor level advantage now, but in the coming weeks the gear advantage will become quite evident.

If you do rollback the servers, yes you will get qq from those that 'lose out' on today's exploiting, though in all fairness the majority will know deep down that it was never intended to be that way anyway.... failing to rollback will leave a sour taste in many people's mouths and I'm confident it will not be a subject that disappears from these forums for a long time.

Darth-Heinous
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by doctorfirepants View Post
How is this a giant last straw. Seriously people, the game is barely a month old. I mean, do you really have that lil patience. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time. In no way did I ever expect this game to be perfect or even close to it at launch. players exploited a fault in the system today. Republican players who repeatedly fed those taking advantage of it, your as much to blame as bioware is. You see a problem, remove yourself from it until it is fixed. Simple as that. You cry more than my five year old nephew. All of you crying about canceling, the community here will be much better off without you. For those of you who understand MMO's are under constant development, I look forward to sharing this game with you for some time.
Wow, well said!!
I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Sith.

Obvi
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #993
BioWare needs to grow some balls and actually close Illum, rollback the Valor, and suspend those responsible. (Including BioWare employee's that failed to see this coming)

basedlv
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #994
lol no roll backs because they don't know how to!! have fun playing by yourselves imps

monjiay
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #995
Quote: Originally Posted by Savesthaday View Post
It is not one mistake, but also how the mistake was handled. That makes 2 mistakes, and counting.
Bad sign, that.

Anyway, I've got my BM for when I come back. Thanks Bioware! (I'm joking, I'm never coming back)

And specifically, I want to thank Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP for just doing an outstanding job. You've done what most would say was impossible. May the force be with you.

The_Stig
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaiutus View Post
In response to their claim that they've intended to make the main bases un-rapeable;

Have to agree on this.
$$$$$$
$$$ CAESARUS$$$

$$$ UNDISPUTED $$$
$$$PORT NOWHERE$$$

darthtoph
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Skuke_Likewalker View Post
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4...2011823380.jpg

Thanks to Topher for giving my gunslinger his minutes of fame :P lol
You're welcome
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Loekii
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Utrru View Post
So...one mistake and yall jump ship? ****** player, you are.

Cmon guys...get your heads out your asses.
Stopping paying for a game that makes major mistakes like this, is ultra slow to respond, and then is dishonest in their communication with the customer is not even remotely a 'head in asses' action.

It is actually what most normal people would do.

If a plumber were to forget to seal the connection to the water heater, then sit there for a few hours with out turning off the water, and then lied to me about sealing the pipe, I certainly would not pay him to come out to continue the remodel.

It seems more something a the hyper fan would do, where they let a company walk all over them just for the privilege to pay them to for it.
Not Happy with the State of TOR?

Cancel your subscription until you see BW improve the game to your liking. Vote with your Wallet.

Torcer
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #999
What exactly is BioWare’s reasoning for not rolling back the Valor gained today? Can they not isolate Valor in the database?

TehIdiot
01.18.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1000
Quote: Originally Posted by Sansidious View Post
Will somebody please close this thread already.
Better to keep the whining isolated to one thread instead of having to reset the entire forum.