Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Feedback: a note to Bioware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Feedback: a note to Bioware

MasterKawar
01.22.2012 , 09:37 AM | #61
I will leave a full description of entire game hopefully tomorrow and I'll create a thread about this for all kotor fans who actually got completly disappointed with this game. My only only hope with this company is them to create KOTOR3 as a freakin rpg and continue revan's and exile's story, as it was the most fascinating story of all 6 movies and all other star wars games. The finding of a new kind of jedi: neither light sided, nor dark sided with both dark and light powers. Agree with me guys: in kotor the leveling up was hundreds times better and I don't like it here how you don't have to develop computer/security/persuade and different skills. Sincerely, even in 2005 they managed to create a better game which had better story and really: A WIDER RANGE OF PASSING YOUR STORY. Everyone in swtor passses same story, YOU DO NOT actually choose much your story, you go default.
What to work at? All the story, all the freakin story. I like in kotor how you could have the same and same conversations again, like you could have a wider range of posibilities.
All the combat which is completly IREALISTIC. Just think about it: a jedi sage who can't hit properly with a lightsaber? What the hell? I heard all the interviews and reviews of this games and they said like "the jedi consular's story is more of a obi wan kenobi's story and type of character". So you say that obi wan kenobi couldn't properly fight with the lightsaber, right? Completly disagree on that. Plus: the lightsaber looks so lame when you play in combat, it looked way better in KOTOR2 where we could see a really well built combat and lightsaber fights. You could develop different techniques like Makashi, Shii- Cho. You could use Force forms. You could use the flare and other types of hits which didn't take you mana at all. And why should it anyway?
The lightsaber was again way better in kotor2, where you had a wider range of posibilites of improving it and you could buy NOT with credits, but with your computer skills develop or other skills.
I don't think I should continue with minuses of this game. One thing is certain: the more I think about it and play it the less I like it and the sooner I want to quit it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Never realized that until I read your post.

I look forward having more control on the companions, and get them out of my way too.

ye, about companions in kotor 2 btw. You could freakin go solo, you could use stealth at any type of character, which is logic. You could move that companion exactly where you wanted to, you could train them to become jedis. There was a much longer chain of posibilities in kotor2 than in this game. Just my 2 cents and a half, which you won't count it of course, but your loss, my friends, your loss.

Deewe
01.23.2012 , 09:35 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKawar View Post
I will leave a full description of entire game hopefully tomorrow and I'll create a thread about this for all kotor fans who actually got completly disappointed with this game. My only only hope with this company is them to create KOTOR3 as a freakin rpg and continue revan's and exile's story, as it was the most fascinating story of all 6 movies and all other star wars games. The finding of a new kind of jedi: neither light sided, nor dark sided with both dark and light powers. Agree with me guys: in kotor the leveling up was hundreds times better and I don't like it here how you don't have to develop computer/security/persuade and different skills. Sincerely, even in 2005 they managed to create a better game which had better story and really: A WIDER RANGE OF PASSING YOUR STORY. Everyone in swtor passses same story, YOU DO NOT actually choose much your story, you go default.
What to work at? All the story, all the freakin story. I like in kotor how you could have the same and same conversations again, like you could have a wider range of posibilities.
All the combat which is completly IREALISTIC. Just think about it: a jedi sage who can't hit properly with a lightsaber? What the hell? I heard all the interviews and reviews of this games and they said like "the jedi consular's story is more of a obi wan kenobi's story and type of character". So you say that obi wan kenobi couldn't properly fight with the lightsaber, right? Completly disagree on that. Plus: the lightsaber looks so lame when you play in combat, it looked way better in KOTOR2 where we could see a really well built combat and lightsaber fights. You could develop different techniques like Makashi, Shii- Cho. You could use Force forms. You could use the flare and other types of hits which didn't take you mana at all. And why should it anyway?
The lightsaber was again way better in kotor2, where you had a wider range of posibilites of improving it and you could buy NOT with credits, but with your computer skills develop or other skills.
I don't think I should continue with minuses of this game. One thing is certain: the more I think about it and play it the less I like it and the sooner I want to quit it.

ye, about companions in kotor 2 btw. You could freakin go solo, you could use stealth at any type of character, which is logic. You could move that companion exactly where you wanted to, you could train them to become jedis. There was a much longer chain of posibilities in kotor2 than in this game. Just my 2 cents and a half, which you won't count it of course, but your loss, my friends, your loss.
Before announcing the classes I expected:
One single Force user class with skills points allowing you to build your very own template and as in Kotor Force skills based on dark/light side alignement

When they finally announced the classes I hoped your story would not totally be bound with your combat skills. Ex: there would still be 2 force user story arcs but when creating your character you could choose to do any of then with any of the force user classes. Like an Inquisitor could do a Sith Warrior story arc.

The idea was not to oblige players to either choose between a combat system they like or a type of story.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle