Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Feedback: a note to Bioware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Feedback: a note to Bioware

mattjgibson
01.18.2012 , 06:39 PM | #11
BioWare has made it relatively clear at this point: they don't care what the community thinks or wants.

As every day goes by this game feels more and more like a pump-&-dump.

AposFao
01.18.2012 , 06:41 PM | #12
An oasis of reason in a storm of trolls. It is nice to see that somewhere these forums were being used to make this game better.

You sir, get my +1.

Auxili
01.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #13
Keep your eye on this thread, hopefully it is read and commented on, rather than closed. I believe Bioware is capable to being a great developer, so long as it develops and embraces the community-close qualities they need.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

Zwark
01.18.2012 , 06:52 PM | #14
There was a constructive thread like this floating somewhere a few minutes ago, but was closed. Would not suprise me if this one is getting closed aswell.

So far for being constructive. Anyways good OP, i hope they will listen.

Auxili
01.18.2012 , 06:55 PM | #15
Heads up to the mods - this thread most certainly is about Star Wars: The Old Republic. It's about it in the most important way.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

calsi
01.18.2012 , 06:58 PM | #16
Excellent post. I'm sure it's hard to find useful feedback in this sea of reactionary raging, but this thread deserves to be noticed by Bioware.

Mannic
01.18.2012 , 06:58 PM | #17
Are some of you guys now seeing why some of us learned long ago not to bother being "constructive (aka diplomatic)" in our feedback?

MMO Devs do not understand anything except "subs are dropping." That's it. Why do you think so many MMO's fail? Game designers have a confirmation bias just like fans and haters do, they tend to listen to the feedback that confirms why they think their game is great and try to rationalize why negative feedback is not true or important. This leads them to continually focus on the parts of their game that really don't need improving and failing to focus on the parts of their game that are lacking until they start to see subs dropping, then they panic and say, "okay, let's reassess."

SnoggyMack
01.18.2012 , 07:04 PM | #18
Too much time wasted in the general forum, not enough time noticing dev feedback in the dev tracker forum.

And really? Some of the issues listed aren't getting feedback because they're not issues.

"republic pve grouping during off-peak hours, republic economies, mirror class differences"

None of those are bugs or issues that deserve discussion. Make your comments (like you say you did in threads you say you link) and Bioware will read it. Discussing mirror class differences when the forums are going nuclear over PvP problems in a patch?

Yeah, Bioware's totally ignoring you.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Malkollm
01.18.2012 , 07:04 PM | #19
Because Bioware needs your help developing a game?

I'm sure they view your drivel in the same manner as experts in every profession consider the input from their customers. Get over yourself and cough up $15 a month, or don't.

Taurusaud
01.18.2012 , 07:06 PM | #20
Good post except I think you go too easy on them with regards to this patch. These problems were reported on the PTR and Bioware did nothing.